How long do you think it takes for Ukraine to reach non-Africa tier status?

How long do you think it takes for Ukraine to reach non-Africa tier status?

How long do you think it takes for Eastern Europe to reach Western Europe in terms of wealth and well-being?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agriculture_in_Poland
nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Europe/Slovakia-AGRICULTURE.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They need to be part of the European Union first

HAHA

haha belarus btfo

eastern yurop will probably always be a decade behind western yurop

200 years using linear projection.

Is Ukraine that bad?

We will reach European level of well-being in 5 years.
But Europe should stop developing for 5 years.

never
the way the west works makes it sure you cant catch up
wealth is not infinite, resources not infinite
you buy cheap and sell for alot
we produce for cheap and sell for cheap

the leftover are tossed down here and turns into growth (ppl are yapping about 5% being HUGE but its actually very very tiny, considering the west is still growing slowly and the gap is huge)

so never ever, because thats not in the interest of the west

Yes.

Nth for Croatian regional power

I believe in you though

Replace 5 with 50 and it would be plausible. Ukrainian conflict is a big set back too.

Shit man 6 years ago our economy has been growing faster than Chinese.
Now we're doing worse than some Africans
I wish I was born in Far North Canada or Norway

Faster in relative speaking, in absolute numbers China was way ahead. Low base effect.

It still was a way better than what we have now.

>decade
century*

That was due to oil prices. We had nothing to do with this.

like 5-10 years more?

It is better than Africa.

The EU is specifically designed for the north-western part to be rich, and the rest dependent on it.

Will Poland surpass Germany in 5-10 years?

if Germany dies becouse of the muslims than sure

Why do you need mudslimes to drag them down?

Are Poles inferior to Germans?

>UK
>GBP goes down
>Wages in € go up

Well done

I think the same exchange rate is used in both figures or countries with different currencies would jump all around the board. Turkish Lira also tanked 20% last year.

Thank you for understanding

Barely desu

why is eastern europe so europoor

Never, Ukraine is lost.

People are leaving, economy is primitive. If we finish Nord Stream, they will lose 2 $ bln every year, it will be a catastrophe.

Fake

Spain isnt a rich country

Not by western standards but its still pretty good

economy of slovakia is actually quite strong, but wages remain low anyway

>mfw Europe is seen as a wealthy and prosperous continent yet 2/3rd of the continent is dirt poor

Really makes me think

I WISH I WAS BORN IN SWITZERLAND

I more meant the reds, Slovakias not so bad

Never because Ukraine doesn't have the institutions necessary, and ukrainians don't possess a mentality where they have faith in each other or care about grander, collective causes.

More like one third. Western Europe has much higher population density.

It's still funny. Our GDP per capita is at 80% of the EU average while wages are at 30%.

Hooray for privatisation, impotent trade unions, ''business friendly'' labour law, regressive tax rate and tax cuts for corporations.

Invisible hand of the free market will surely solve this. The freer the market, the freer the people.

>Turkey is more rich than most of the balkans

How agrarian is Slovakia? When ~40% of your labour force brings in 2% of your GDP that will mess with stats. Farmers on tiny plots don't make a lot of money. US is ~2% agrarian for example.

>agrarian

It's similar here. About 2-3% of our workforce is in agriculture.

Most people are employed in the industry and then services.

Btw those farmers on tiny plots were gone by the 1950s with forced collectivisation.

I inagine it's the same in the whole Eastern bloc.

No.

It's actually even worse.
Since veterinary inspection is dysfunctional african swine fever virus is getting on rampage there.
Sanitary conditions and medicine are degradating almost on daily basis so it's just a question of time for some human disease epidemy to kick in.

One reason is that they're disproportionately agrarian still and farms are small and inefficient.

>I inagine it's the same in the whole Eastern bloc.
Poland is one exception at least as far as collectivization goes.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agriculture_in_Poland

>About 2-3% of our workforce is in agriculture.
nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Europe/Slovakia-AGRICULTURE.html

According to this it's 8.9 percent of the labor force.

>8.9
Sorry that's from *1994.

>ukraine

no such thing

>you cant catch up

what is diminishing returns on capital

Truth be told, many of our small plot farmers are "farmers". They just take advantage of tax cuts and a separate pension system for agricultural workers and their families. Plenty work other jobs illegally and are farmers only on paper because the father of the house owns a tiny plot.

I don't think it's economically possible for the whole world to be Western Europe in wealth and well-being. So maybe never.

Stop with this shitty meme

Our agriculture was weakened after we joined the EU. Slovak farmers couldn't compete with Polish products in terms of price and quantity.

Balkans are subhumans

>a meme

That's weird.
>Plenty work other jobs illegally
That would affect stats as well.

watch you filthy mouth

Prove me wrong first

we would be super-advanced if it wasn't for the war in 90s

problem is animosity between all neighbouring countries on Balkans, this is what drags us down, you must understand

And it's all because of you

You didn't btfo anyone

I can't even see you on the map

>tfw BigMac is less than 2 usd in Ukraine

The fuck. How are we still so fucking poor even after 10 years in the EU? Same as the rest Balkan shitholes not in the EU.

Fuck the EU t.b.h.

why?

>tfw 2.15$

Always looking for something for nothing and for people to blame is why eastern europe will always be a shithole.

Should have pulled yourself up by your bootstraps like we did

>Should have pulled yourself up by your bootstraps like we did

lol

I don't get it either. It seems all the crying about the salary cartels between local and foreign companies is spot on. We are destined by the west to be "cheap labour force". I know people who work in the province and claim that the salaries/bonuses/rules are essentially the same in different industrial companies. To me it seemed unlikely at first, because I live in "good-wage" bubble, but... this pic is heartbraking.

seems like the same thing happens in poland too. and it's starting to happen more and more in the west as well

Well buhuu

>in terms of wealth and well-being
NO! We like poverty and hate freedom.

>we would be super-advanced if it wasn't for the war in 90s
Kek, no you wouldn't be. Look at Slovenia, it's nothing special today even though we had no war and we were the most developed part of Yugoslavia.

Pic related

Anyone who says otherwise is a sl*v

My sl*v o'meter just went off the charts

>Far North Canada
Why do you want to be surrounded by nothingness and drunk/violent Native Americans

>5

being a bit optimistic there

upvoted

>American education
See that thing east of Russia? The 314 Euro one? That's Kazakhstan

Hopefully never. I like cheap holidays

>Ukraine or any of east europe
>African tier
Ukraine's GDP per capita is $8000-$13000, Moldova is the place you looking for.
Also, the society is way better than West Europe and obviously Africa/Mid East because it is >97% European.
This garbage fake map is skewed and invalid automatically because minimum wages exist as laws to inflate figures.

No

Wage supression

[Multiple Citations needed]