A question for all avant-teens:

A question for all avant-teens:

What's the purpose of pretending to like a bunch of shit that's essentially noise just to appeal to a minority of strangers on the internet?

I just don't get it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rZlB2tRyvQw
youtube.com/watch?v=LACCAF04wSs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>someone likes something I don't therefore they are pretending as I am the objective arbiter of taste.
K Y S

lol go argue over radiohead some more, go back to the Sup Forumscore sandbox

They read the wire and think they're special snowflakes

Man, it must be fun optimizing your music "taste" in order to flex your e-peen.

>I just don't get it?
thats the issue with you plebs. you want everything spelled out for you

>Being in denial to this extent
down the rabbit hole you go

don't make it my fault u can't possibly imagine why someone could enjoy something that isn't 4/4 pop spoonfed to them by Sup Forums

It's called art you prole.

>I just don't get it?
You don't because you're a retarded faggot and possibly autistic. We normal people can like something for our own reasons without feeling the need to analyze every single time why we enjoy something or not.

This is an argument you cannot win, user. Some of the avant-teens really believe in it (these are the good guys) and the rest know it's shit but either deny or troll (the rest). You can usually tell them apart easily - the bullshitters claim it's art, call you names, etc., while the true believers don't bother replying.

What do you mean?

I mean that for every genre of music there are people that truly enjoy it and believe in its innate worth, and the disdain of others will have no effect on their passion. Faced with a shallow questioning of their interests they turn a deaf ear.

what is this 2012 get lost retard

It's funny how no one's answered the question yet. It proves that you guys are just posers.

it's been like this forever, just look at the other arts, in painting there is always talentless hacks literally taking a paint bucket and dumping it on a canvas and people paying thousands of dollars for it because it's 'art'. There will always be people trying to fit in to their group it's just human nature.

The internet happened. Sites like last.fm and, well Sup Forums ruined music taste.

Sure, back in the day people could wear t-shirts to show everyone else what they listened to, but that's very tame compared to how the internet and social media changed society.

This isn't just happening with music though, it happens with everything: video games (Steam), political ideology (Facebook or basically any other social site), photography (because taking pictures with your new Cannon camera in front of the mirror is so cool!), you name it.

Hobbies are dead, internet killed them.

But hey, now it's easier to get shit, and for free, so I'm not complaining. Stupid and young people have always existed, now they just get access to more obscure stuff easily.

This is counter-argument became a meme. Most of it

you answered your own question op, it appeals to a minority of people with taste diverse enough to appreciate it.
which obviously doesn't include you.

go listen to Coldplay with al the other normies.

Every single day ignorants like you make their public statements and "criticisms" on music they don't even try to comprehend.

>I don't like (nor get) these sounds so those people who do are just pretending in order to get attention

Go try read a book or something. Music is not your thing.

>the argument delegitimises my argument and makes me look stupid
>lets call it a meme so I don't look like a moron.
How does it feel to be that dull?

Trips of truth

/thread

Fuck off normie.

>essentially noise

mfw normies don't even know what it *feels* like to be open-minded

What about that post was "normie"?

You're a normie if you don't think internet killed hobbies.

It's autism essentially. People with so much time on their hands that they mentally fetishize tv static

>being this deaf and narrow-minded
Sup Forums in a nutshell nowadays.

>all these butthurt avant-teens who got told by the OP
Sad!

God I cant wait until you 15 year old shitlords have to go back to school.

It's not even a matter of being a normalfag or not. He is trying to say that you should grow up and stop being such a child and listen to music you like and not just because it's obscure or completely disregarding a song because it made it into the mainstream.

>pretending to like a bunch of shit that's essentially noise
you act like this is something new, listen to this abomination from 74 years ago or some free jazz
youtube.com/watch?v=rZlB2tRyvQw

Stay mad avant-teen

/thread

lmao, look at all those avant teens in the comment sections saying how great it is. But i'm sorry I guess i'm just not open minded enough to enjoy it as others have said in this thread.

>muhh expections of music are very narrow.

>lulz you mad bro?

Fuck off.

was the comment section raided by Sup Forums or something?

lol all these assumptions are too much for me.
are you a bitch?
lmao, why is it so hard for people to understand that OTHER people might enjoy music you don't.
how is this even a thread that got attention.

What if actually like?
Wait, holy shit one of these threads, I'm going.

judging by the shekel/goyim memes, yes
serialism and twelve tone are still garbage though

I expect it to be tonal at least, being memorable would be a nice bonus too

what's really annoying is that you are dismissing a huge amount of music simply because you don't like It, to the point where you think people pretend to like it. You really think a movement like noise, for example, that has been going on for DECADES is only pretended to be likes? i'm sure all of those artists involved pretend to act like they do something with artistic merit, that the people who have written books and made documentaries pretend to like it, and that everyone that likes It is just putting an act. Come the fuck on.

"avant-teen" is a meaningless catch-all for people who listen to music that you don't

let me blow your mind: you can listen to twee pop and power electronics without having an ulterior motive

>how is this even a thread that got attention

Exactly how new are you here?

There's no point at breaking it down for these dumbasses.

That's not what he was saying at all, you fucking nigger.

>Stupid and young people have always existed, now they just get access to more obscure stuff easily.
So, people who are willing to open their ears up to new sounds and listen to music they haven't listened to before are stupid? Wow...

am i insane or is everybody else when i say that i find nothing off-putting or pretentious about this

it's actually quite good, reminds me a lot of brahms

You're simply not a poptimist Sup Forums drone. Grats.

We wanna seem cool

Same, i don't get what's so awful about this.

It's not you, the clueless philistines from Sup Forums made a collective shitpost in the comment section

youtube.com/watch?v=LACCAF04wSs

who /webern gang/ here

How hilarious: you're actually the one who wants to appeal to a minority of strangers on the internet by talking shit about art forms you can't even grasp superficially.

reading comprehension

How will avant-teens ever recover?

BLACK METAL SUCKS
STOP LISTENING TO BLACK METAL YOU FUCKING TWATS