What a shitty fucking ending

what a shitty fucking ending

Other urls found in this thread:

screenrant.com/flash-tv-captain-cold-freeze-laser-science/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's a shitty show. Duh.

The actions some of the characters did were not at all inline with their development. Especially Barry in the last scene.

So they had a race to determine the fate of the Earth or something?

>caring about DC superheroes
LMAo

That part was actually fine.

flash always has cliffhangers

pretty good ep overall

looks pretty high quality to me

>freezing light
wat
>walking through frozen light
Wat
>when the frozen light breaks, more doesn't come
WAT

>Flashpoint without Batdad
just fuck my show up

It wasn't the fact there was a cliffhanger, it was what the cliffhanger was. Also other things.

>Everyone turns on Barry
>Everyone seems ok with leaving Joe to die except Wally
>The ending completely contradicts Barry's development at the end of last season

in fairness that's from the supergirl crossover

i dont really watch this show for it's intricate or even sensical writing desu

that has got to be the most retarded thing I've ever see.

You could've easily gone through that fucking laser field. Look at how fucking big those gaps are.

someone please explain the time remnant flash. Shouldn't that mean that he dies?

>when light stops hitting the sensor, the alarm doesn't go off
WAT

It was already explained earlier in the season

The most logical and correct ( presumeably) answer to the concept of timeline remnant is a situation of a person who has two different future version because the chronological time got fractured for that particular person due to time travel. Also, there are other things to remember as have been said by wells (from earth-2) that a timeline remnants are possible in case of speedsters as they are protected by the effects of time travel due to the speed force in their systems.

Taking a simple example:

In case of eobard he traveled back to the time to kill barry's mother, so basically that means he traveled from 2140 to 2000 to kill barry's mother and got stock. Now for this eobard, his past will be 2140 and future would be the 2000 ( which is past for us), now he would grow older and then eventually be killed because of eddie's death. However there's already another eobard in future let's say in 2100 who can always travel back in time to let's say 2025, so this eobard can be called as timeline remnant when he traveled back to 2025, as he has no future nor past.

I hope this explains the concept

Come on desu. It's a science fiction show!

just like my comic books!

>time to get rid of the timeline with a nigger dad

That came out of nowhere desu

>In case of eobard he traveled back to the time to kill barry's mother, so basically that means he traveled from 2140 to 2000 to kill barry's mother and got stock. Now for this eobard, his past will be 2140 and future would be the 2000 ( which is past for us), now he would grow older and then eventually be killed because of eddie's death. However there's already another eobard in future let's say in 2100 who can always travel back in time to let's say 2025, so this eobard can be called as timeline remnant when he traveled back to 2025, as he has no future nor past.

ok, but the one that went to 2025, would eventually have to go back to 2100 to be able to go back to 2140, yes? So he would eventually get stuck there and be killed, yes? So the flash that sacrificed himself means that flash is gonna die like that right? That he's not just a clone he can throw away and not worry about it.

Yes it did. Like most things in the show now, it was completely sudden and nonsense.

The concept of (backwards) time travel is inherently paradoxical. That is one reason why it will never happen in real life.

Don't think too much into it. It will never fully make sense.

I was so hype after Barry kissed Iris because I thought Barry was going to go back to the race and sacrifice himself.

Then it turned out were just gonna get some shitty Flashpoint shit.

It wasn't perfect, but I loved this season.
This episode was also dope, I don't care what anyone else says desu

I know I'm being autistic about it, I don't even watch the show, I just saw that scene and got curious. The time remnant of the yellow flash guy makes sense. The his most future self got stuck in the past but that doesn't mean that his past self could visit any time after where he got stuck. Got it, that makes perfect sense. But flash's time remnant makes no sense.

what the actual fuck

>The his most future self got stuck in the past but that doesn't mean that his past self could visit any time after where he got stuck
shit, I need to sleep
>That his most future self got stuck in the past, but that doesn;t mean the his past self couldn't visit any time after where he got stuck (given he goes back to his present).

>The ending completely contradicts Barry's development at the end of last season

This. The show spent hours showing him outgrow the pain.

it was about resolving the emotional conflicts. he's been about saving his mom the entire show. it makes sense that now that he has the power, he'd act on it - damn the consequences. he tried before and failed, damning the consequences, so it's not a surprise.

the only dumb thing is that zoom will probably be totally okay now, but since barry can beat him it should be okay? who knows, i like that it leaves room open for more wackiness. this show is about as comic book-y as it gets.

It's Flashpoint. He saved his mom, but the timeline will be messed up beyond all belief. Then he'll undo it and there will be some permanent changes to make it easier on the writers. Personally, I hope it cleans up some of the Arrow problems.

jesus save us from this hell

>It wasn't the fact there was a cliffhanger, it was what the cliffhanger was. Also other things.

I don't see what the problem is with that scene. That's literally how the plot of flashpoint paradox begins.

I want Barry x Caitlin

Arrowdad instead

I hope Jessie comes back

I really hope so.

She was qt as fuck this episode, and the last at the party.

Hope she and Jay join Legends. In the comics, she and Hourman are married, so it would make sense since we saw him at the end of the last episode and he's likely to join.

did anyone expect anything less. The show has been shit since season 2.

The problem here is now making time travel too fucking easy. They're making a mess of the plot because now he can theoretically go back in time anytime he wants and fuck with shit.

What I want to know about this stupid cliffhanger is, why choose his mom? Why not just go back and fuck zoom up and blindside him before he struck down his father? Come on now.

he got a mental breakdown, he seemed at peace and then his dad died, he just snapped and went full "fuck you time, you won't take anyone away from me anymore".

How much you wanna bet midway through the first ep he's just gonna do it again by pushing himself pushing himself pushing himself out of the way again so all the fucking development everyone just went through doesn't go out the window

>Watching the last episode

Eh, not where I would go with it, but not bad considering

>Last minute of the episode

WHAT. THE. FUCK. BARRY.

Dude, please, stop your autism, we all know he will revert the status quo after he realizes how much he fucked up, that's the flash that tells him not to do it at the end of season 1, it's just a TV show, jeez.

Huh, I didn't think about that. Guess I was too wrapped up in their bullshit handling of Crisis to really notice the Paradox setup

S P E E D F O R C E

>Sup Forums plebeians don't understand why Barry did it
Barry finally made peace with his mother's death, but only after 15 years, traveling back in time to watch her die, and going into the speedforce, which is essentially communing with God. Then once he's finally happy, Zoom kills his dad.

So he thinks, hey, I'll stop Zoom and then I'll be happy. So he does it, he wins. But it's still not enough, because now Barry knows that to get over his father's death it'll take all the shit he went through to get over his mom's. And he knows that that would kill him. So he says, fuck the timeline, I just saved infinite worlds, I deserve to finally be happy. And so he goes back and saves his mom.

Actually we might see her as earth-1 jessie next. If eobard doesn't get to kill wells and his wife wells will likely have kids in the present

So many awesome possibilities for Season 3...maybe even a flashpoint related soft reboot of Arrow.

I doubt Arrow will do that, it would alienate everyone who watches it but not the Flash (unless they do it later in the season as part of the big 4-way crossover).

now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that Zoom was a better villain than Reverse Flash ? He was crazier, more present, more powerful and more intimidating

I'M SO FUCKING MAD THERE WAS NO MORE ARROW/FLASH CROSSOVER SHIT!!

LAST SEASON WHEN ARROW CAME AND HELPED BEAT REVERSE FLASH WAS THE FUCKING BEST!

AND THEN FLASH HELPING ARROWS FRIENDS OUT OF THE PRISON IN THE NEXT ARROW EPISODE WAS AWESOME!

FUCK!!

> it would alienate everyone who watches it

So five people and counting down

THERE WERE NO MORE FLASH ARROW CROSSOVERS BECAUSE THEY WOULD HAVE SENT FELICITY TO HELP INSTEAD OF OLIVER

what would you want from a soft reboot? just curious.

Arrow is cancer now and the Flash is wisely keeping the fuck away from it

Zoom > RF, but Thawne/Wells > Zoloman/Garrick (not that they weren't both good).

Arrow helping Flash was garbage, it just showed that he still wasn't fast enough to beat RF and needed tricks to win.

but that was fucking awesome and an actual good idea barry had! all of barrys ideas this season were garbage!

Delete Season 3 and 4. Have similar storyline happen but not shit. Tell it in a flashback and keep going.

>flash will go flashpoint
>no more crossovers with Arrow will ever be possible

the speedforce will send wraiths after him

they couldn't just give him the fake Jay Garrick outfit which was 1000x better?

I'm glad I stopped watching this after 1 season.

At least we had Arrow wich was fun for a couple of seasons. May not have been great but not as bad as this ....

>mfw I just realized this shit can rework things across the board including Arrow

pretty sure they plan on doing a cross over with all four shows next season.

>You're a big dummy

Is there a bigger beta faggot character than Oliver and Barry?

He's literally a God. Almost immortal, faster than light and can do whatever the fuck he wants. Yet everyone puts him around like a fucking child, treating him like shit.

Same with Oliver, they shit on him on every possible turn. OLIVUR YOU CAN'T DO THAT XDDD Hey I'm Felicity and you're shit Oliver, because I have vagina. XDDD

CW shows are so fucking shit it hurts.

and yet you seem to know a lot about them...doesn't that make you the biggest cuck of them all?

there is no Earth 1 jessie you autismo. Shes wells daughter, earth 1 wells never had a daughter

don't bully me

Remember that Eobard heavily changed the timeline. In the original timeline, before his manipulations, Barry's mom was alive, and the real Harrison Wells had built the particle accelerator by 2020, which is the year the original timeline Barry became the Flash. As Eobard fought with THIS Flash, their fights (and his discovery of the Flash's time period) would happen in 2020s.

However, since Eobard himself erased the old timeline (the one with 2020s Barry), his first appearance had to happen much earlier in the timeline to prevent more time paradoxes of him not getting to the year 2000. This is why his time remnant appeared in 2016, much earlier than he did in the original timeline.

If time remnant Eobard realizes this and refuses to follow his "destiny" to 2000, paradoxes ensue.

Wow this isnt what i expected when people say that this show is bad.

I'm still bothered that Zoom and the Reverse Flash are different identities and that Thawne was never called Zoom.

>Freezing
Actually that gun doesn't "freeze", it stops movement, even from photons. People think is a ice gun, it isn't, is a slow gun.

>Arrow helping Flash was garbage, it just showed that he still wasn't fast enough to beat RF and needed tricks to win.

How is that bad? It ups Eobard Thawne's threat level, and leaves Barry the power gap to get over in the future seasons. If they just had Barry be faster than the RF, Zolomon being EVEN FASTER would be much more underwhelming. Barry winning due to tricks and cooperation of other heroes was great.

>niggas just don't know
screenrant.com/flash-tv-captain-cold-freeze-laser-science/

Anyone else spot the hidden CIA power pose in this episode?

>It's a Barry runs in a circle very fast to solve the problem episode

Okay I went and capped it just in case.

People still watch this?

They don't try to hide it anymore

yes, some people do. Does that upset you, timmy?

what a crappy cap

Thanks, that's much better.

Law&Order dudes hands are chloe size, holy shit

For you.

Stop liking things I don't like.

fuck this show has some ridiculous scenes, but what the actual fuck

>It's a Barry's time remnant dies and nobody cares episode

shiet

Well maybe the showrunners shouldn't have given it an ice CGI then.

Rabbit hole time? Rabbit hole time.
>We are to believe Captain Cold's gun actually stops things on a fundamental level.
>Effect is ice because that's a simple visual representation of things stopping.
>Problem is that's retarded in scenes like the light freezing shit.
>So how should it be represented?
>If the gun actually produced a cloud of STOP GAS this is a tricky fucking answer
>The short of it is that wherever he shot, all things should stop. Including air.
>Apart from water most substances contract when freezing.
>This applies to air.
>What should most likely happen when he fires is that all matter in front of him rapidly contracts, leaving empty space for an extremely brief moment.
>That collapse would be met by a rush of surrounding gas trying to meet the sudden vacuum.
>This would cause extreme heat alongside the cold generated by all that shit stopping as a super cavitation bubble occurs.
>Explosions. Firing that gun would make a massive explosion. Followed by rain.

woah

RUN!

Poor old Michael Ironside. He deserves way better than starring in this schlop.

They are also setting it up for Flashpoint Paradox by the looks of it.

I think we're going to see Citizen Cold in season 3.

Also his gun was sort of explained in Season 1 being deadly to speedsters because of what it does, hence why Eobard gets pissed at Cisco for making it.