Finally, a cape trilogy where each film is better than the last

Finally, a cape trilogy where each film is better than the last.

Is this the first capekino trilogy?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/low cinematic IQ/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/NP5NdgAvHTeCCBDVYhRrJw/
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CtwJvgPJ9xw
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/WHY THO.gif/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not sure if it can actually be called a trilogy though.

All of these movies are fucking mediocre though

Winter Soldier was decent but still overrated

Civil War is just fan service shit that has almost nothing to do with Captain America

WS was better than CW though

Nope, Nolan's Batman trilogy already did it

1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3 > 2

what

For you.

its not a trilogy

It is a trilogy bby.
Seriously, watch them in succession, without the Avengers movies, they flow seamlessly.

>Batman Begins is good
>The Dark Knight is great
>MEMES
Nah.
It just doesn't work on it's own, now does it? You need to watch Age of Ultron to have any idea what's happening in Civil War. It's got most of the Avengers in it. It just doesn't work as a "trilogy" just because they all have the "Captain America" label on them.
No they don't.

TDKR is extremely painful to watch.

Cap trilogy is perfect.

TDK is better than TDKR. Both the general audience and critics agree.

You don't really need to watch AoU to understand CW. The movie itself provides a recap of those events via Ross' presentation. And so what if most of the Avengers are in it? Sequels introduce new characters alll the time.

There sure wasn't any explanation of Wanda or Vision in Civil War. I saw it with someone who has only seen phase 1 movies and he was completely lost.

This shit right here.

These movies have no emotion at all.

The only people who really think these movies deserve anywhere close to a %90 are bros that just show up to watch the shakey-cam fight scenes.

He mustn't be very bright. Seriously how is Wanda and Vision being in CW any different from any other sequel introducing a new character? Were you confused when you saw The Dark Knight because the Joker was not in Batman Begins?

>capekino
>captain america doesn't have a cape

Everyone knows who and what the Joker is. That's why Spider-Man didn't need any backstory in Civil War either.

It's the best comic movie trilogy since Raimi's trilogy. I agree that they get better with each film

>TFA
8/10
>WS
9.5/10
>Civil War
9.7/10

Good shit. I think most of that is due to the writing and casting choices. Evans was a 10/10 hire, and the writing in the Cap movies are always more cohesive and realistic than in the other Marvel movies. Even the first Avengers movie, which I love, had parts where you could say to yourself, "Yes, this is a spectacle, and the writers/director are hamming it up because the rest of the movie is so good."
The Cap movies never did that. They're consistent in tone throughout the entire trilogy, and I love it.

/thread

>Everyone knows who and what the Joker is. That's why Spider-Man didn't need any backstory in Civil War either.
Fair enough. But still, I maintain that the movie at least attempted to establish those characters at the beginning of the movie by showing off Wanda's powers and having Vision walk through the wall and having him try to act human.

Simply put, you have a low cinematic IQ, or some sort of Stockholm Syndrome, from overexposure to bland, safe, PC and soulless mass-produced blockbusters, which has conditioned you into accepting the absolute lowest common denominator standards in filmmaking, writing and cinematography as somehow acceptable, when you should in fact feel nothing but contempt or disgust for any Kevin Feige-conceived product.

Even strictly in the field of capeshit entertainment, where the bar has always been pretty low, since they're primarly a children media, the level of genuine quality and creative abilities (which comes from studios giving freedom to an auteur with a strong personality and vision towards the material) has kept dropping since the 90's.

When Raimi's Darkman/Spider-Man, Del Toro's Blade 2/Hellboy, Burton's Batman 2 or Bird's The Incredibles offered innovative and playful set pieces, meaningful and relevant themes, each with a very distinct, appropriate tone and truly cinematic aesthetics (simply compare the lighting or editing to today's equivalents), none of these qualities are to be found in Avengers or any of the previous MCU entries. This is why Edgar Wright got fired from Ant-Man. This is why Feige keeps hiring visionless point-and-shoot directors who come from TV or comedy, colorblind cinematographers and art/set design teams who seem to be in love with grey, sterile hangars for some unexplainable reason. Action scenes are now being conceived by CGI teams months before the movie begins shooting and all follow the exact same formula.

Even as a child, I couldn't imagine being dazzled or amused by those turds, as they're utterly devoid of any charm, colors, magic or imagination.

I watched Ultron after Civil War and i enjoyed CW just fine. I actually kind of liked seeing Vision's story in that order.

>>
Nice fedora.

It's pasta. Stale pasta.
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/low cinematic IQ/

Yeah, but that's not true is it. You can argue that begins is better than dark knight (you're in a minority but there are some valid points that way), and there's just no denying rises is the weakest film (although it doesn't deserve the hate it gets.)

Basically you're wrong. Stop that.

It's amazing how much stock you morons put into RT. It's even more amazing how you all don't realize that they just aggregate the critic scores, they aren't giving it a 90%. The movie isn't a 9/10. There are just 90% of critics that ot thought it was passable or decently entertaining.

>First capekino trilogy

Le Marvel tv cinematography. If you want to even be considered kino you will at least have to look cinematic.

>extremely painful
4 U big guy

Rotten Tomato? Pfft.

I like The First Avenger the most because it had a colorful period-piece setting that really sets it apart from other MCU movies. Most of the Marvel movies look really boring visually.

I also thought seeing Steve progress from a scrawny wimp with a heart of gold into a super-soldier really sold home the character. It's not that he's super smart, or rich, or strong; he's just an average guy who dreams of making a difference in the world. Also Hugo Weaving's Red Skull is one of the only memorable MCU villains.

I'm not a fanboy, it has plenty of flaws, but I think it's a stark contrast of tone compared to the other movies. Joe Johnston really escaped the Feige "same movie every time" syndrome imo.

>he's just an average guy
Far, far below average, physically speaking. Guy didn't qualify for the military.

See, you don't have an opinion, just a RT score screenshot. You're the perfect Disney fan: a brainless drone that can't think for himself. All Marvel has to do is fart out safe, bland products in order to get a passing grade from critics in order to get a Fresh score on RT and therefore your unbridled idiotic "loyalty" in the form of a screenshot.

>You need to watch Age of Ultron to have any idea what's happening in Civil War

Except they bring up the events of AoU like a dozen times throughout Civil War...?

Hi dcuck.

Still mad BvS did not do as well as promised?

What game.

Nice trips.

/thread

This

>See, you don't have an opinion, just a RT score screenshot. You're the perfect Disney fan: a brainless drone that can't think for himself. All Marvel has to do is fart out safe, bland products in order to get a passing grade from critics in order to get a Fresh score on RT and therefore your unbridled idiotic "loyalty" in the form of a screenshot.

You know it's trash when video game flicks start stomping on you.

>oh boy

A bit of a stretch when the first one was sort of weak though. Same way Nolan's Bat trilogy isn't great because of DKR I'd argue that Cap 1 ruins the Kino merits of the Cap trilogy
As someone who just watched Cap 1 two nights ago, Civil War does connect quite nicely to it through Bucky and Cap retaining the ideology of fighting for the little guy

Although I do feel like that theme has run it's course by the end of Civil War
>Cap 1, Cap fights Nazis
>Cap 2, Cap fights the gubment
>Cap 3, Cap fights his OP friends

There's not many more big guys for him to defend the little guy from now

If BvS would have gotten positive reception and CW negative, you'd be doing the same.

Everything is normal, nothing weird

Why are you bringing up BvS? I never once did. That film is awful too. Capeshit peaked with X-Men First Class. Everything since then has been soulless cash grabs.

It's not that simple lmao

See, you guys always makes this rating as some kind of god, an idol, or whatever the fuck it is.

Needs more Women leads

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I kinda agree with you but dont on some levels. The only reason you need to watch the Avengers is so that you know what Captain America's life and living situation revolves around, who his circle of friends are. You need to know he lives with the Avengers, leads them, and everyone he currently knows in life are superheroes. The actual events of the movies are explained in Civil War and dont really matter too much.

I agree but we gotta stop bringing up capeshit on tv/.

TWS > CW

Xcom 2.

It makes since. I haven't seen age of Ultron. I was just confused at the beginning wondering why the fuck I should care about all of these new characters.

desu we need more movies where our waifus get 60 minutes of screen time that isnt some dumb rom com or pretentious cinema.

why would anything be weird? I think all those movies are appropriately rated, except for maybe Avengers 1. should be a bit lower.

>i don't know how rotten tomatoes work

>Implying First Avenger isn't the best one.

It's almost like Marvel has figured out a formula to get good reviews and big box office or something.

It's my favorite, but that's because I have a permanent boner for The Rocketeer.

This is what dkeks believe.

Enjoy your pasta, cheap symbolism and nice infographics made by contrarians with too much time.

I will be busy enjoying my Marvelkino. Both MCU and FoXmen

This

What the hell is happening to all the love interests in MCU? First Pepper broke up with Tony. Now Jane isn't appearing in Thor Ragnarok, and Sif is getting cucked yet again by a negress this time. Black Widow fucks off to who knows where and Cap isn't going to see Agent 13 anytime soon. Also, Peggy died. Our heroes are left alone and friendless.

They prefer putting more heroes instead.
They'll get their romance dose with these two.

Cap'll be fine. He has Bucky.

I wonder who we're going to get as Spider-Man's love interest. I hope they go fresh and do Black Cat.

>manchildren genuienly think there's thematic weight and intelligent ideas in their mass-produced conveyer belt products marketed to little kids
>literally men in spandex hitting each other

I just want to see the robot bang the qt.

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/NP5NdgAvHTeCCBDVYhRrJw/

This is a mad DCuck pretending to hate all capeshit.

>Capeshit peaked with X-Men First Class.
Lel

>inb4 Deleted scenes

They deleted all the incest from AoU.

>charismatic actors that can carry a weak script
>script template that guarantees some semblance of flow and structure
>humour and good action

Gosh guys it's almost like they have a winning formula

>pretending to hate
>inb4 MCUcks didn't even make 1 $ for hating
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CtwJvgPJ9xw

Another pic used for DC cuckie purposes.
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/WHY THO.gif/

>batman begins literally has joker's calling card in it at the end
HURR WERE YOU CONFUSED WHEN YOU SAW THE DARK KNIGHT BECAUSE THE JOKER WAS NOT IN BATMAN BEGINS

>There sure wasn't any explanation of Wanda or Vision in Civil War.

The Russos already said they are not going to spoonfeed people who haven't watched previous movies.

>this movie doesn't make sense without this other movie
>yes it does!
>no, look at this thing that doesn't make sense
>t-the directors said they weren't going to spoonfeed people who haven't seen the other movie!
Wow.

you're out of moves user.
you belong in the archives.
MCUcks are dead.Bury them.
>inb4 Snyder Kino God

I'm not in that discussion.
For me, you need to watch the team ups to make some sense out of solo sequels.

Civil War was barely a Captain America movie.

If you agree with the original point, why are you even butting in?

Stiring the pot to make people angry.

Oh. Well. You keep at it?

But we won.

"Is it really surprising that the most powerful man in the world should be a figure of controversy?"

There's no controversy.
Everyone took a collective shit in BvS.

Winter Soldier > Civil War > dirt > First Avenger

this is a fact

Sure it's a fact. It's an objectively wrong fact.

>collective shit
>circlejerk
#coolstorybro

AHAHA

Whatever, the thing is that the world rejected, and rightfully so.

>whatever
you can't even get Captain USA a boyfriend without losing china & asia.
sucks to be an MCUck.

Go be irrelevant somewhere else, DCuck.
The DCEU died 2 months ago, get over it.

To be fair it isn't dead until it's gone, and there's still some more to come.
MARTHA'S GONNA FLIP!

>2months
>user is still mad
insecurity level over 9000

Why are dcucks so delusional

now is not the time to recover
that comes after you've been raped