I Can’t Watch The Olympics Anymore!

How the hell is one supposed to watch an event, if there’s no way to know when that event will actually be shown on tv?!

Say I want to watch Swimming tonight; According to NBC’s tv schedule, I have to sit around for four fucking hours (7:00pm to 11:30pm) to see bits and pieces of that event, strewn around at random times among other events, bullshit interviews and local color segments (plus a bazillion commercials).

On the other hand if I want to watch an NFL football game, it clearly lists X Team vs. Y Team at 1:00pm and there’s no question as to what I’ll be watching, they ain’t going to suddenly cut away to a basketball or hockey game.

Fuck you NBC and the Mainstream Media in general!

Other urls found in this thread:

olympics.nbcsports.com/2016/08/01/rio-olympic-schedules-every-sport/?utm_network=facebook&utm_post=6101710&utm_source=FB - NBC Olympics&utm_tags=srm[olympics,article]
stream.nbcolympics.com/mens-soccer-match-10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

olympics.nbcsports.com/2016/08/01/rio-olympic-schedules-every-sport/?utm_network=facebook&utm_post=6101710&utm_source=FB - NBC Olympics&utm_tags=srm[olympics,article]

Pay it forward

nice blogpost senpai

NBC is truly fucking shit. I can't believe almost none of the events are shown live on TV. that's like the whole fucking point of buying the rights, is to show it fucking live. The streaming service is also fucking horrendous.

The commie broadcast corporation may be shitty and full of terrible social engineering garbage nobody watches, but it does sports events right

if only this were in any way accurate to reality

Why does their site say I have to download their "APP" to watch the stream when I'm on desktop?

stream.nbcolympics.com/mens-soccer-match-10

Watch LIVE Zika catching

>Your temporary access to this content will expire in
25:25

What.

Have they ever heard of commercials? Who is going to pay to watch this?

>NBC is truly fucking shit. I can't believe almost none of the events are shown live on TV.

I don’t care if it’s live or recorded, I just want to see the event all the way thru without constantly cutting away to other events and annoying interviews and special segments about shit I don’t give a single fuck about!

Nobody would watch a professional sport event that was continually being interrupted with other sporting events and irrelevant bullshit.

There's no real other way to do the Olympics though because there's lots of boring dead time during events while athletes prep and equipment guys/organizers do whatever they have to do.

Download Opera Beta
Menu>Settings>Privacy>Enable VPN
Set VPN to Canada in address bar
olympics cbc ca

now you can watch every event uninterrupted without terrible burger commentary

every olympics

>tfw Canada respects their citizen's intelligence

Can this be done with VLC?

>world event
>monetize and piss off the people
>massive reduction in ratings
>bosses dont care

>fucking 2016
>2 0 1 6
>capability of streaming every single event for those who are interested
>bosses don't want human progress
>corrupt olympic bosses dont give a flying fuck because money

>google could have hosted the entire thing and given scraps to the networks
>can't have something that nice

CUNTS

> There's no real other way to do the Olympics though

Absolute nonsense! I’m 48 years old and remember being glues to the tv during the 1976 Montreal Summer Olympics because it was wall-to-wall sports and nothing but sports.

Didn’t matter if the U.S. was going to win, (or even come close) all day erry day was just sports.

One day the corporations will have their way and there won't be all these workarounds for you to watch the Olympics the way you want. You'll either accept the gruel your local corporation feeds you or you'll get nothing at all.

>You'll either accept the gruel your local corporation feeds you or you'll get nothing at all.

That's essentially what the Olympics has become for me; I don't have cable tv, so I only get the main NBC broadcast single (actually, I get two more NBC channels but they're nothing but reruns of 70s sitcoms...) and I have no real interest in trying to figure out streaming.

>I get two more NBC channels but they're nothing but reruns of 70s sitcoms
So this is what American TV has become.

STOP WATCHING ALL IN THE FAMILY, MURIKA. IT HASN'T BEEN RELEVANT FOR 30 YEARS.

>his government doesn't provide full coverage without commerecials, for free

>makes me sign in through Xfinity to be able to watch
>click it, it doesn't sign in
>have no idea how to fix this

Why can't I just watch a worldwide competition without being a member of some shitty service? This should really be free, even though I already am a subscriber.

>for free

Your taxes are paying for it

The Abyssinians couldn't watch worldwide competition in the 430 BC games in Greece without incurring significant travel expenses. Why must it be free for you?

Because I'm not traveling.

The broadcast signals are

And I'm already paying for those, so I don't know why it won't let me sign in.

Well I was referring to your comment Without being a member of some shitty service. You should call your shitty service provider and complain to them so you get your money's worth

Tony Dungy talks about NFL football at the Olympics even though football isn't at the Olympics.

I know why they swap between sports constantly for the Murikan broadcasts. Because we have short attention spans

at least we don't import literal semen like you britbongs have to

>ITT retards who can't install a chrome extension called Beebs to unlock BBC's iPlayer

Fuck it must be easy to be an American moron.

>willingly infecting your computer with aids

>ITP, retard who uses Chrome and gives his life to Google

>Your taxes are paying for it

Free means available to all, not gratis, just as free healthcare means healthcare available to all, but I wouldn't expect an ADD medicated, sugar addled retard to understand.

Enjoy your ads. BTW, isn't it time for your daily trip to McDonalds or KFC? The ads have told you so, so it must be necessary! Good goys.

Using Google software is actually worse than having an ad play in the bg while you ignore it since they're gleaning info about your personal life you know.

Hey, I watched the NBC version of the Olympics Opening. The presenters enjoyed a lot the ceremony. Nice, I think Sup Forums let me expecting a lot of shit talk.

The only bad thing is that they add advertisements each 10 minutes, that was a little frustrating.

Based. Thank you la

Hmmm......

Could it be that the US are such jews that they want us to watch it on TV so we have to watch the commercials?

Really makes u think........

Pretty chaotic in Brazilian channels too. They only wanna show Brazilian competitors.

Yup..fully agree. Are you able to watch any of the handball matches? I can't seem to find the video link.

>I Can’t Watch The Olympics Anymore!
Yeah, you should just turn on the NFL
HOWEVER

>a country so shit they can't maintain a field
doopin mental

>Could it be that the US are such jews that they want us to watch it on TV so we have to watch the commercials?

I could put up with the endless commercials if the events were actually scheduled for a specific time (instead of somewhere within a 4.5 hour block) and were shown all the way thru (instead of just bits and pieces).

How fucking poor you have to be not to have cable? NET Virtua opened all their sports channels until the end of the Olympics.
I'm watching all the ESPN channels for ~$30 bucks

Gotta cater to your fellow Americans' attention spans. You may be able to sit through an entire event but the rest of us can't. Maybe we just don't care enough. Why are we even watching? Let's go watch some foosbaOh wait.

>You may be able to sit through an entire event but the rest of us can't.

Nonsense, how would the Olympics be any different then any other broadcast sporting event?

Again; football games don’t suddenly switch to basketball, then to hockey and then back to football, they’re played all the way thru without interruption.

Nor does the NFL make it a secret which teams will be playing and when; they clearly schedule specific games at specific times, they don't tell fans; "just sit in front of the tv for 6 hours and maybe your team will show up."

>48 Years Old
>On Sup Forums

Well at least I know what the future holds for me.

The problem is, the Olympics are too compressed an event compared to say an entire NFL season. Too much is going on at once and too many different sports are being played all at the same time to have scheduling that makes sense and doesn't jump around. They likely want to try to show the "best" few things they can at any given moment and they're guessing at where those things can be found.

>The problem is, the Olympics are too compressed an event compared to say an entire NFL season.

NBC has half a dozen channels that are on 24/7, they have more then enough time to show every event.

Maybe on replays but not live

Opera has a built in VPN??
fuck

Quick trip to Wikipedia says they have 11 owned and operated channels. They could totally go above and beyond and broadcast across all them 24/7 Olympics if they wanted to. More than half the channels from mid-afternoon end up showing re-runs and pointless programming. Not good uses of your stations

They do stream every event though

Stop fucking complaining about NBC and do THIS

They're probably going for ultimate profit min/max in their airing just like every other corp. Tbh I don't even know how airing the Olympics makes money, in the US at least. Seems like there shouldn't be much interest since it isn't handegg, luckswing or travelshoot.

Dude, you have to realize EVERYTHING is available online. Even with NBC.

The only important thing they show completely live is the swimming, and it comes in nice little packages and completely live too.

Everything else has streams available, they aren't holding anything back... so I don't get the bitching.

Example: gymnastics had like 4 streams earlier today, and they repackaged them for primetime. Swimming was all completely live.

> Maybe on replays but not live

Everything doesn’t have to be live Something like soccer, sure but I have no problem watch tape-delayed skeet or hammer throw and such.

>you have to realize EVERYTHING is available online. Even with NBC.
Isn't it for a limited time? I watched one thing online but there was a spooky counter at the bottom of my screen that said "Your free access to this event is limited to ..."

If you're a cord cutter just delete the cookies then refreshing or use PlayStation Vue and go for a free trial, NBC Olympics is included in that if you use the PlayStation Vue account.

Rent, bills, food.

$30 is what i spend monthly in the supermarket to eat. I'm just an average Brazilian, my father is not a politician or businessmen.

Well if they didn't fucking spend billions for rights to air each Olympic game every 4 years then they would have enough money to improve their broadcasting infrastructure instead they thought they would make their money back. They're paying for it dearly now. This shit I was waiting for ever since Vancouver 2010

>Nobody would watch a professional sport event that was continually being interrupted with other sporting events and irrelevant bullshit
Pic related proves just how wrong you are

Can we get to the root of why America likes handegg the most while the rest of the world likes povertyorb the most?

Basically America being that one contrarian asshole that always has to be different.

We like physical violence and football is the violent sport with niggers.

I don't think that's the real reason since you have to derive enjoyment out of the sport you're watching, not all just due to contrarianism. There has to be some kind of mental or sociological influence that makes America more prone to liking a certain sport. Like Although hockey is pretty violent and yet murika doesn't like that quite so much

Damn, that sucks.

I don't have cable and I live in America. I live on a street that they don't bother to build cable lines on. It's not even that remote either.

I've been using the CBC site as well, it's pretty rad and less annoying than the BBC streams always bigging up UK competitors.

it is fantastic

It's not working here

> > Nobody would watch a professional sport event that was continually being interrupted with other sporting events and irrelevant bullshit
> Pic related proves just how wrong you are

Except the NFL doesn’t cut away to other sporting events and special segments on local restaurants and such. Other then commercials, you get to see the whole game.

> Can we get to the root of why America likes handegg the most while the rest of the world likes povertyorb the most?

Handegg is expensive, due to the need for pads and such while any 3rd world peasant can play divegrass.