THE Wire literally has been around since the early 1980s and tends to cover more avant-garde and underground music and...

THE Wire literally has been around since the early 1980s and tends to cover more avant-garde and underground music and art. It's a print magazine that is a pretty big deal in the music world over here in the UK and is sold in most record shops and news agents and I know they sell it at Barnes and Nobles stores in America. Simon Reynolds is probably their most prominent full-time writer (he's written several popular and acclaimed books about the post-punk, glam, and 90s rave music scenes) and big names like Brian Eno, Lee Ranaldo, and Robert Fripp have frequently contributed to the magazine in the past.

They're bigger than Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/list/ivoliveira/the_wire___2000_2009__rewind/
rateyourmusic.com/list/travellear/the_wire_100_30_records_that_set_the_world_on_fire/
thewire.co.uk/issues/217
thewire.co.uk/issues/171
thewire.co.uk/issues/268
thewire.co.uk/about/
youtube.com/watch?v=oEJSe8vutnM
en.www.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wire_(magazine)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wire_(magazine)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

can you fucking wire marketing people fuck off already

next time sage you fucking shill

where are the mods?

is wire the first Sup Forums mey mey of 2017?

torrent? where to download for free?

>implying the wire is actually shilling on Sup Forums
Have you people really never heard of it before last week?

Wire is literally Marcel-tier

They're no-names

why is anyone who posts about the wire a """shill"""?

is the wire too progressive for you Sup Forums types?

This. Nobody outside of Sup Forums has ever even heard of them. Hell, only like 5 people in Sup Forums seem to actually read them. They're lower than Marcel. Complete nobodies.

>THE Wire literally has been around since the early 1980s and tends to cover more avant-garde and underground music and art.
[citation needed]

>It's a print magazine that is a pretty big deal in the music world over here in the UK and is sold in most record shops and news agents and I know they sell it at Barnes and Nobles stores in America
[citation needed]

>Simon Reynolds is probably their most prominent full-time writer (he's written several popular and acclaimed books about the post-punk, glam, and 90s rave music scenes) and big names like Brian Eno, Lee Ranaldo, and Robert Fripp have frequently contributed to the magazine in the past.
[citation needed]

>They're bigger than Sup Forums.
Hahahaha. I'd be surprised if their readership was above double digits.

Because nobody has ever heard of the wire until they started spamming themselves on Sup Forums. Plus they're unabashed white guilt SJW Top 40 rap, pop, and RnB proponents who have never covered real experimental music in their life.

There's a 35GB torrent on rutracker with all issues from 1982 to 2016 but no seeders plus I can't read the discussion because it's in Russian. Suspicious. Could be a giant hoax.

What could be a giant hoax?

The magazine - there is no The Wire!
It's a plot of the Russian government to get American teenagers into downloading a nonexistent bibliography that is actually comprised of trojan horses by pretending that there is this unheard of hip music magazine and advertising it on Sup Forums ;^)

I'm on to you!

Honestly it's got to be fake. No way this shit has been going since the 80s.
Now that you mention it, I've never actually seen any of their content except the covers and the 2016 AOTY list. I honestly think this is all some elaborate plot by some autistic guy who made up a fake magazine to shill here and rip people off.

Believe me, I know a lot of music websites, but I literally never heard of this "magazine" before two weeks ago and the only place it's ever been mentioned is Sup Forums.

And somehow they've supposedly had everyone from Bjork to Thom Yorke to Aphex Twin to Michael Gira "featured" on their covers?

I call bullshit.

Downloaded the torrent, it's all empty .pdfs
This magazine doesn't exist, abort this thread, don't download the torrent and check your devices for spyware immediately! OP is a Russian spy and wants your nuclear weapons!

Srs?

>Simon Reynolds is probably their most prominent full-time writer
I like Rip It Up. Really good book on post-punk.

I saw his new glam rock history in an airport book store the other day, but didn't get it since it was $25. Rip it Up is fantastic as is Energy Flash if you're into that sort of thing. Retromania is really fascinating look at the nostalgia epidemic in pop culture in recent years.

>avant-garde and underground music and art.
>Blackstar AOTY

This may be the most fucking annoying thing this board has ever gotten its balls stuck on, and that's really fucking saying something.

>>Blackstar AOTY
Yes, it's a surprisingly and unusually conventional choice, but that doesn't negate the fact that they cover primarily avant-garde and underground music and art in their magazine.

this weak as bait

a.k.a: marcel

nobody gives a fuck, you've posted this shit like 3 times in like 2 days, i'm considering making it a copypasta.

rateyourmusic.com/list/ivoliveira/the_wire___2000_2009__rewind/
rateyourmusic.com/list/travellear/the_wire_100_30_records_that_set_the_world_on_fire/
The wire led me on to some great albums. Here's a link to some of their lists

STOP
THIS
FUCKING
SHIT:

Lol wow this meme is getting more and more indepth by the sec

you guys are really putting some effort into this one

I've got Retromania. Haven't read it yet. Seems interesting.

I just saw their top 50 list and I take it back, this magazine doesn't exist.

Yeah, because Sup Forums is fucking retarded and has either never heard of the wire or thinks they're some sort of Top 40 magazine because of that fake list that's been spammed.

>bait

So saying that The Wire is an underground music and art magazine that's existed since the early 80s, spawned important music critics like Simon Reynolds, and featured contributions from Brian Eno, Lee Ranaldo, and Robert Fripp is bait? In what sense?

t. Marcel

I honestly don't think it does. It has to be an elaborate ruse. The only existing "evidence" of it is just these supposed "magazine covers" featuring Sup Forumscore artists and their year end list (which is awful btw).

Guys I was being serious. Found a lot of Jazz and Micro House shit from them.

Is this a post-meme meme? I'm really confused over everyones reaction to a music publication

I remember watching an interview thing of an artist who kept issues of The Wire in his bathroom because he believes "that's where it belongs."

>Found a lot of Jazz and Micro House shit from them.
They only cover Top 40 rap and pop. Nice try.

>I'm really confused over everyones reaction to a music publication
Yeah, a "music publication" that nobody has ever heard of outside of Sup Forums, that has never been mentioned on Sup Forums prior to two weeks ago, and has a highly suspect "existence" at best and some horrid taste.

dude just pls stop roleplaying

its starting to get cringy

>So saying that The Wire is an underground music and art magazine that's existed since the early 80s, spawned important music critics like Simon Reynolds, and featured contributions from Brian Eno, Lee Ranaldo, and Robert Fripp is bait? In what sense?

Because that's all blatant bullshit.

> spawned important music critics like Simon Reynolds
>not bait
lmao

Sup Forums doesn't give a fuck, stop spamming it on this board, there are like 4 threads now and they're by your marketing team, it's see-through as fuck and it's annoying AF.

>guuuuysss, immmm seriousss ittsss goooooooooddddd
fuck off.

>spawned important music critics like Simon Reynolds
Simon Reynolds is a Pitchfork writer FAGGOT and I doubt Eno or the Sonic Youth are even aware of this glorified blog's existence.

Kek. All you have to do is click the link ;) Nice trips
Post meme meme confirmed.

Either that or someone formally at the Wire is super mad and taking revenge on an image board

>Wire
literally Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brainbombs, Egor Letov, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, Peter Brötzmann, John Cage, Scott Walker, Unwound, Dead, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Nang Nang, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282, Nara Leão, Basic Channel, Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Daphne Oram, Noah Howard, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Lula Côrtes e Zé Ramalho, Boyd Rice, Mahmoud Ahmed, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Aporea, Half Japanese, Mega Banton, Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Robbie Basho, Phil Spector, Faxed Head, Harry Partch, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krüsi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Yat-Kha, Loren Mazzacane Connors, Pärson Sound, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue, Arthur Doyle, Shizuka, The Red Krayola, Henry Cow, Magma, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Murmuüre, Ksiezyc, Gong, Cukor Bila Smert', cLOUDDEAD, Muslimgauze and Kaoru Abe, the list goes on: The Magazine

>I doubt... the Sonic Youth are even aware of this glorified blog's existence.
That is exceedingly unlikely, given that Sonic Youth made it a point to know critics and publications and place the band in close proximity to them.

>literally Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brainbombs, Egor Letov, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, Peter Brötzmann, John Cage, Scott Walker, Unwound, Dead, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Nang Nang, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282, Nara Leão, Basic Channel, Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Daphne Oram, Noah Howard, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Lula Côrtes e Zé Ramalho, Boyd Rice, Mahmoud Ahmed, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Aporea, Half Japanese, Mega Banton, Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Robbie Basho, Phil Spector, Faxed Head, Harry Partch, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krüsi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Yat-Kha, Loren Mazzacane Connors, Pärson Sound, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue, Arthur Doyle, Shizuka, The Red Krayola, Henry Cow, Magma, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Murmuüre, Ksiezyc, Gong, Cukor Bila Smert', cLOUDDEAD, Muslimgauze and Kaoru Abe, the list goes on: The Magazine

Explain:

>tfw Friendo might be a wire shill

Friendo no!!

Fuck off Friendo. The Wire doesn't even cover the likes of Sonic Youth anyway. Their more Rihanna than Ranaldo if you know what I mean.

Found the refutation(s).
thewire.co.uk/issues/217
thewire.co.uk/issues/171
thewire.co.uk/issues/268
There are probably more, but I think that three is enough.

That is incorrect.

lol look how poorly designed and awful looking this website is. it looks like some kid in computer class made it for a project lol this has to be a scam

The fuck are you people talking about, this magazine DOES NOT EXIST! It's Russian spyware clickbait!

So pray tell, "Friendo", red-pill on what "The Wire" actually is.

this looks photoshopped as fuck

it has to be fake

It most likely is.

I don't actively follow any publications because I don't follow contemporary music.

thewire.co.uk/about/

>"magazine"
>it's literally a free website with shitty boring ass articles

literally looks like someone took a stock image and wrote some hogwash

its a front for damn sure

Yeah, there's no way this is legit. The articles on the website aren't even about the artists on the "covers" and there doesn't even appear to be an actual "magazine" or any current or back issues to read

"Moscow", eh? Sure seems fishy to me...

Trust me. They've been around forever! I even have a bunch of copies

> taking the time to photoshop this
get a social life user.

>ok lets print some blank papers with some nice covers, take a photo of it, and post it when people get suspicious

nice try

nice try buddy

>nobody has ever heard of them before now
>but i'm an expert listen to my analysis

Tell Putin we won't fall for his shit.

How much is the wire paying you for doing this?

What did they mean by this?

christ the shills are spreading

Im not lying! Heres another photo with my headphones and a pair of socks for comparison!

Oh yeah? Are those woolen socks? What size are they? Where did you buy them and when? Do you have any personal stories about them?

>fake pop music magazine that isn't even physically published
>/lit/ related

hoo boy

Those magazines literally could be anything moron. This proves nothing.

So?
here's a photo of your overlord riding a bear.
what was this meant to prove?

nice try but you still can't explain the stock photos
A+ for effort though

literally FUCK the wire

those words could be literal gibberish

that's probably why you took those photos from that angle

It's a pretty good show. A little overrated, but a really good show nonetheless.

Maybe if you had a certain body part in the shot as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=oEJSe8vutnM
I don't think the band every started a magazine OP, what are you talking about?

The wire not wire

Bands starts magazines all the time, looks at the rolling stones

Wire band
Wire zine
Wire show

how are they all so good?

>Wire band
good
>Wire zine
shit and barely even a real "zine"
>Wire show
overrated

"the wire" gave me zero results on google, why are you lying op?

not only is that not my point, it is not even true.

>old
+
>in print

>=relevant
kek

>>old
founded this year
>>in print
can't even get physically published and distributed
>>relevant
it never has been and never will be

>make music mag
>add subtitle to the name
yuck

it was so they could share the name with a white guilt tv show

en.www.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wire_(magazine)

How can this be explained if it's "not a real magazine?"

Anyone can make a wikipedia page

Russians are ruthless, they are communists and know a thing or two about fiddling with "public" dictionaries.

Do you know how Wikipedia works? You literally just need links that are not directly from the subject. If you actually read the sources, they're pretty to be honest. I may open a Wiki account just to try and delete the page to show the lack of notability.

What about the refrences?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wire_(magazine)
Here's the actual link by the way. I linked it wring like a fucking idiot.

Do it. Please do. Shut these shills up.

Meant to say "they're pretty weak," in relation to the sources.

lads can you stop this the wire is a nice magazine there's no need to meme it to death and ruin the reputation of it in Sup Forums for good

>implying they didn't start this by shilling themselves

дoкaзaтeльcтвo?

>The Wire writer detected
>tfw you realize shilling the company you work for has consequences
wew