Musicfags thread

Musicfags thread
What do you play Sup Forums

Skinflute.

dont wanna take a pic right now but I ply bass, guitar, mandolin, uke, banjo, and keys. No really expensive instruments, best is probably a black american fender jazz bass.

Jacksons and B-52s

Plastic recorder.

I can do a sick ass Ode To Joy on that bitch.

Video games

I owned a 5 string fender jazz bass at one point in time. It was an excellent instrument.

> blocking my floating bridge the ghetto way - pennies and tape

Diddly Bow

8 strings my dudes

fuck your a string shit fuck

Pretty much what I use.
I also have a faded gibson sg and a bronze serious bich for lower tunings.
I'm in a deathgrind band and a noise band but on my own I mostly play thrash and melodic death metal stuff.
I know metal is considered mediocre to most other musicians nowadays but I enjoy it and I'm not trying to get rich off of it so what the hell.

nice bass op, i have a white musicman sub

Protip for guitarfags, dip your pickups in melted wax and let them dry for a day or two, sounds better, more solid sound. Learned it from an eddie van halen interview

6 strings? 8?? Man, that's all just... showin' off.

Drums

Nice man.
I play 7 but tuned way down to G at the moment. Ive got some beastly strings on it to make it work. An 8 string would probably be more feasible

Noticed the busted string I see?

I pretty much exclusively play metal myself. I like techy shit. Its a shame when you can actually play, but the dipshit repeating 3 chords on an acoustic and singing some lame ass shit gets the attention

I'm mainly a 7 string player.
But 8 strings are absolutely amazing.

alto.

I have a MM EB Silhouette and other shit. Play the piano, trumpet, and bowed saw.

Nice jackson.
Yeah it's true man or hipsters that play nothing but major chord sounding shit with tones of reverb out of fenders(no offense to anyone who uses fender) and get attention for the image rather than what they're actually playing.
Don't get me wrong I like simple chordy stuff if there's substance to it but usually it just comes off as a gimmick to me.

On another note, any of you guitarfags have an opinion on jackson x serious guitars? They seem to be worth the price because neck through construction but the basswood body and emg's kinda turn me off a bit. How are they compared to the pro and usa models?

How much does a decent one run you?
Also would it be worth trying to learn at 24 years old? I've always wanted to learn tenor and play some chill stuff like along the lines of miles davis and ahmad jamal.

Thanks user. I actually picked this one up for $500 in mint condition off a friend who needed the cash and knew Id take good care of it. That's less than 1/4 the cost (I actually contacted EBMM with the serial to check). It plays like a beauty as I'm sure yours does too.

Haha. Love it!

Damn man, thats quite a setup you've got!

I have to admit I've never played on an 8 before. I don't even know if they'd carry them in stores around here. I look forward to trying one out

How much do one of those cost anyway? I got a nice yamaha flute over a year ago and I still havent managed to make any decent sounds come from it. Im starting to think wind instruments just arent for me

pc
i am dj and producer

I play post glam speed folk

Basically my PC, Midi's, Keyboards, Samplers and Synths.

>inb4 other DJs

A decent alto is about 1600. tenors slightly more. you should pick it up if you want to, I have a blast playing in a few local bands.

they run anywhere from 1200-8k. I have a selmer series 3, costs about 6800

This is the only instrument I need

i don't speak english. i only know that sentence and these two explaining it. que?

I play a man's instrument - stand up bass motherfuckers.

>man's instrument
>get a drumkit

LIKE I DID

No, Patrick

Stand up bass

I said a "man's instrument", not a "socially maladjusted teenagers revenge tool against parents and neighbours".

preach.

A few years back I saw Sea Sick Steve on TopGear. And I don't know why, but I decided I would make my own guitar. I've never played an instrument before, don't know shit about notes, chords, keys, or any of the crap. Still don't. But I threw that sombitch together in about 3 hours and just started making noise with it.

> this
Picture!?

ok

How long did it take you to get good enough to play with other people? As in like fluidly and maybe being able to freestyle.
It look me about 3-4 years to be alright at guitar but I'm hoping my 10 years playing in general will help with the process.

Fuck off fag

I bet it sounds great!

Seriously though, learn if you can. It will open you up to so much more stuff.

Got no pics handy. Nothing special: 3/4 size cheap-assed doghouse that I've used for a couple hundred gigs. Lugged that pig across the continent twice. Fun times.

Ive got this punk friend of mine who is all about this washtub bass he made with a bucket, mop handle, and a piece of string.
> respect

whatever you say

Let a nigga know.

Collection featuring the bass I'm learning to play on and the 3/4th I bought for travel but never actually used.

pics

Nigga...

I've been playing for 12 years (starting when I was 12 years old). I was comfortable playing improv solos after about 4 years, playing for money in a professional band after another 2 years. Having a musical background, I'd say give it a year or two and you can get a good handle on it.

I also made a one string lap guitar out of an axe handle. The "bridge" is an Altoids tin that I shoved one of those suction cup pickups in. Then I bought one of those little Danelectro mini-amps. It sounds pretty bad ass!

Anyone play Agile guitars before?
If so, thoughts?