Bowie

Is this his best album? What's his best track?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mp1iutsWnho
youtu.be/mfAoB59V3TM?t=29m24s
youtube.com/watch?v=fJdA7dwx6-4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I prefer man who sold the world or low but this one is undeniably one of his best

IT'S NOT A SIDE EFFECT OF THE COCAINE

i don't know if that's his best album, but the title track is certainly a contender for his best

I can confirm it's his best album. All tracks are 10/10 "Perfect".

Perfect

Sand and Vision

cynget committee

retard

faggot

OH MY TVC15
OH OH, TVC15

no

kek no
Not even top 2 Berlin albums

pleb

prick

How? Our lord Fripperino is playing on that album.

Station to Station is his best album and Station to Station is his best track

I didn't say it was bad, the Eno minimalism wank just didn't have any place of the album and the Fripp section doesn't really make up for it because it's so short

I'd suggest this video:
youtu.be/mp1iutsWnho

If the title track wasnt there, it wouldnt even be a contender imo. The title track may be my favorite Bowie track (definitely in top three). His best albums are Diamond Dogs, Ziggy Stardust, Scary Monsters and Low (in that order)

>Ziggy Stardust
>top 4
"no"

Yes. Its a perfect album from start to finish. Certainly better than Station to Station.

Whats your top 4?

Not him, but
>Five Years
>Moonage Daydream
>Starman
>It Ain't Easy
>Ziggy Stardust
>Suffragette City
>Rock 'n' Roll Suicide

>not Top 5

Low, Diamond Dogs, Outside, The Man Who Sold The World in no particular order, kind of want to fit Scary Monsters Station to Station, Earthling and Blackstar tied somewhere in there too but that's cheating

I feel it's a bit placid compared to his later 70's work

That's fair. I'm a bigger fan of his early 70s work, with Ziggy and Aladdin Sane being two of my favorite albums ever, than his late 70s work. All of his 70s and 80s albums are great.

>perfect album
>contains it ain't easy
Those are mutually exclusive statements

>outside
I feel this is criminally under appreciated

NOPE!

Agreed that its the only lull point in the track list but the rest of the material is so strong that its excusable. Besides within the context of the album its not *that* bad

TVC 15 fucking sucks

Great picks!

Im actually listening to the album again right now. Only like half of it. Title track, Golden Years and Stay. Wild is the Wind is pretty good too. TVC15 and Word on a wing are not my cup of tea however...

>Bowie releases his best album at the exact time he becomes a Nazi
J-just a coincidence, I'm sure

Is high school being hard on you, bud?

TV15 is just so damn fun, how can you not like it?
The Stage recording is fantastic: youtu.be/mfAoB59V3TM?t=29m24s

Can understand Word On A Wing being marmite though, I think the context carries the track more than the song itself.

>defending what you consider to be a near-perfect album means you're in high school
If you're not actually going to contribute to discussion, fuck off.

Hunky Dory is his best album, Station to Station is his best track

definitely one of his best works
youtube.com/watch?v=fJdA7dwx6-4

Album? Station to Station
Track? Word on a Wing or Life on Mars

Modern Love is his best track. It is the perfect pop rock song.

IM THINKIN THAT IT MUST BE LOVE

I'm not the guy you're quoting but I love that video. It's amazing to get to know a little of the process that goes on behind the scenes.

Might be my favorite line in all of music

Whenever Station to Station gets brought up, nobody gives love to Stay. It's one of my favorite Bowie songs

I'm not glad he's dead but I'm glad he's gone

>album
Probably Ziggy Stardust or Station to Station
>Song
Teenage Wildlife for sure.

I'm very much of the belief that if Scary Monsters didn't have Kingdom Come and Because You're Young on it, and ending it with Teenage Wildlife, it would have been the perfect album to end his career with.

As much as I like some of his later stuff, none of it really lives up to how good he was in the 70s.

QUICK/ I feel bad as a catholic admitting this, butt/SAND

>not mentioning Low, the best album of all time

DONT LET ME HEAR YOU SAY LIFES
TAKING YOU NOWHEREEEEE

word on a wing is his best track

Station to Station > Golden Years > TVC15 > Wild is the Wind > Stay > Word on a Wing

Album: Ziggy, Station to Station, Low, Heroes, and Blackstar are top tier, Low and Ziggy are probably the best of the bunch for me

Song: Life on Mars?, Station to Station, Sound and Vision, and Sons of the Silent Age are my favorites, lately I've been really into Fantastic Voyage

Yes. Word on a Wing.

best track is the album opener. Low and Ziggy are tied for best album though

Unironically love that album but it is defo not his best

>David Bowie became a nazi while he was sniffing half of bolivia
J-just coincidence right?