What exactly don't you like about this movie?

What exactly don't you like about this movie?

Here's a challenge - don't use the word "Reddit" or make reference to age.

it makes fun of nu-male manchildren, but most people don't understand this and only see the edginess and 3deep44u

So it's the film you hate, but rather its fans?

It's boring
It's is basically a frat boy film

*it's not

I like its primitivism/fascist/daoist message. I actually rewatch it once a year or so.

No quips
No capes

It's a meme movie

Because no film can have a controversial message without somebody accusing it of being "2deep4u"

Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it wasn't trying to make you think about something. The book/movie probably didn't want you to agree with it at all.

S A T I R E

A

T

I

R

E

ITT:

(but also in any discussion about this movie or others like it):

>people who hate things based on being "annoyed" by the fans of it
>people too stuck up their own ass to let other people enjoy things without perceiving some kind of personal slight against themselves

bc everybkdy on Sup Forums is a contra, it's cool again imo

Nothing, it's a near perfect film

see
/thread

its reminds me of my own life because its falling apart and im dead inside

also tyler is how i see every other average male and im just faggot edward norton ugly shit faced bastard

its cool though because im leaving tomorrow forever and never comming back so this is actually my last day on Sup Forums ever

why don't you stream it? it would literally be kino.

dont have a decent camera
plus im so ugly that id rather die then make a youtube video or some bullshit like that

take care guys
also no one touch my shit when im dead
i know where everything i own is
all over my floor because im a disgrace

I watched it again the other night.

I like the movie until it diverges into 'project mayhem'. I didn't enjoy the shift from nu-males letting out their primitive aggression to mass terrorism and grandiose plans of bringing society down.

Listen to Where is my mind when you post this for the last time: "Sup Forums, you met me at a very strange time in my life."

done friend
take care of yourself and have fun while you can
ill post it now

Because the book was anti-consumerism, and the movie largely avoided that point. It's still a good movie though, just with a different message

You're letting the Chad's win

it doesn't make sense, when Tyler beats him self up outside the bar why did other people join in?

I don't like it because it suggests learning performance is bad or at any rate a lesser ideal than wanting to be able to express with pure honesty in all its impulsive errors (which is a weakness of character in itself).

Primal instinct, animal urges that needed to be fulfilled.

i know
but who needs this world anyway
goodbye everyone

>this is actually my last day on Sup Forums ever
See you tomorrow, and the next day, and the day after that, etc etc

Seek therapy

haha
you wish
take care though
live your life and have fun

14 years old Redditors

shit

I said it

nah
im too tired of life
i need to rest now
its been a long time
it has to end
enjoy your lives while you have them
im out

im still wearing the jacket

it's a movie for a past generation. We just don't get it because we were only kids and young teens when it came out.

Fight Club is Gen X's defining film
Drive is our generation's defining film.

>Drive is our generation's defining film.

how?

>Drive is our generation's defining film.

right on

>Drive
>main char is clearly on the spectrum and can't connect with others
>socially retarded
>is obsessed with mechanical things/things that require no human interaction
>drop out of society so has no qualms about committing criminal acts
>doesn't understand people and doesn't try to
>doesn't have a gf/can't get one
>despite all of this wants nothing more than to be a real human bean and a real hero

not even memeing here I think you're right.

It's appealing for teenagers that is going through their rebellious phase. It's basically Teenage Phase The Movie. I mean the whole message is about sticking it to the man and getting off the grid but yet they are all being brainwashed by an even more manipulative character that doesn't even exist.

>this cringeworthy cry for attention

You really should kill yourself, but unfortunately we all know you'll just be back tomorrow.

It reminds me of a certain website that rhymes with "Leddit"

I think that's the complete opposite of our generation. It's defining of autists, but that's not what gen y is know for at all.

>autism is not what gen y is known for

I disagree

>the whole message is about sticking it to the man and getting off the grid
Wrong, try again teenager.

gen y is known for a few really loud and obnoxious few that ruin everything for the masses

Very compelling argument. You must be so smart and cool.

Smarter than you, certainly, cool I wouldn't know.

Oh snap, what a comeback!

how can i come back tomorrow
there are no more tomorrows
only today
and then nothingness

Told you I was smart. You on the other hand have completely misunderstood the movie yet seem to consider it beneath you. Watch it again and pay attention this time.

>Avoided that point
>has a whole scene dedicated to shotty ikea buying

How so ?

>largly

>You are not your X
>Soap selling.
>Life Insurance pays off triple if you die on a business trip.
>Single serving X

Alright, so two scenes
Wow what a communist

i dont dislike it, it's pretty good desu

i dont think it has the same impact on people watching it for the first time today though

No superheroes.

You're just an attention seeking little faggot. Go to /r9k/ if you actually want to discuss or talk about suicide. You're shoehorning it in to an unrelated thread because you want sympathy and attention. Don't act like a woman.

why would i want people attention
people wish i was dead
haha

>idiots can't even tell it's about love and the emotionalism of anxiety and the duality that needs to come with
>plebs can't see it's the breakdown of anxiety and traditional relationship values which are all tied from society inherently
fuck you Sup Forums

no complaints
it actually improved upon the book
when, aside from the original jurassic park, does that ever happen?

almost never

LotR

Get out

see that cover?
take a good look at all the elements on that cover
that's the film.

Its literally /reddit/ tier shit for teenagers

I liked Fight Club when it came out because I was a senior in high school and full of "fuck the world burn it down."

But I just grew out of it as I became an adult and realized that life is pretty sweet.

>2016
>falling for obvious bait
I MEAN COME ON

It literally is, since it had a profound effect on post-90's culture.
It's not, however, an "internet meme" movie, like Sharknado or Captain America: Civil War.

>destroying the coffee franchise stand
>bar scene talking about the triviality of Norton's Ikea shit
>the lack of extraneous belongings in the house before and during project mayhem