"Heavy metal is the most conservative form of music there is...

"Heavy metal is the most conservative form of music there is. Not even a high school gym teacher could get that many people to all dress the same."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=58aSJQ9d_cQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jello is the hero we deserve, not the one we want

Jello is a tryhard faggot.

He's right. Regardless of your opinion of metal, or just extreme rock in general, it's incredibly conservative and the most averse to change.

I kill children
I love to see them die
I kill children
And make their mamas cry

This guy is a raging SJW who was massively anus-hurt at the election of the god emperor.

Very true

>what is hip hop

Who's more of a tryhard loudmouth faggot between Jello and Henry Rollins?

Rollins. Jello actually ran for office once.

What is any subculture

Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables [I.R.S., 1980]

I do want there to be more punk rock--I do, I do. I do want there to be more left-wing new wave--really. By Americans--I swear it. But not by a would-be out-of-work actor with a Tiny Tim vibrato who spent the first half of the '70s concocting "rock cabaret." Admittedly, I'm guessing, but I'm also being kind--it sounds like Jello Biafra discovered the Stooges in 1977. C+

In God We Trust, Inc. [Faulty Products EP, 1981]

"Moral Majority," which proceeds directly from the Mickey Mouse club theme to a rousing verse prominently featuring the words "Blow it out your ass," and the long-awaited "Nazi Punks Fuck Off" ("you'll be the first to go") are their best songs or whatever since they attacked California and Cambodia. Both are available on a single. Forgo the documentary value of "Kepone Factory"'s false start ("Itstooslow") and the intensely appropriate "Hyperactive Child." Think small. B-

>Hip Hop
>Punk
>EDM
>Indie
>Death Grips
All of these genres have a look to them. There's a scene for everything.

Why is this hack still alive?

thing is, you could swap punk for metal and that sentence would sound just as reasonable. especially outdated hardcore punk like dk. but in reality punks and metalheads don't dress like the stereotypes any more

not any more. specific subgenres, scenes and fashion are no longer trendy on any large scale, now it's eclecticism. everything is converging to the casual indie style

Hip hop is more conservative than most subcultures

youtube.com/watch?v=58aSJQ9d_cQ
Wew lad

>complains about people dressing the same
>is part of the goddamn punk subculture

Highly lauded albums in punk music in 2016:

Jeff Rosenstock - Worry (another generic pop punk record)
The Dillinger Escape Plan - Dissociation (more metal than punk at this point)
Nails - You Will Never Be One Of Us (about as metal as punk, also pretty generic)
GLOSS - Trans Day Of Revenge (generic hardcore but we must think it's good because transgendered people)

Highly lauded metal albums in 2016:

Vektor - Terminal Redux (polyphonic guitar parts similar to Captain Beefheart stuff with a wide variety of structures explored, makes similar punk explorations in polyphony like Pere Ubu look amateur)
Ulcerate - Shrines Of Paralysis (free jazz level chaotic melodies that are continuously progressing and driven in ways not common in free jazz or really any other genre)
Jute Gyte - Perdurance (while not good in a way metal usually is, one of the most interesting "play on various simultaneous rhythms" style work in popular music)
Oranssi Pazuzu - Värähtelijä (when punk does psych it just has a couple goofy trippy parts, when metal does psych it takes last decade's innovations from Acid Mothers Temple and takes it one step further through textures usually exclusive to black metal)

Get your poseur-infested genre of shit away from me. Despite metal's overthetop nature, only the autists actually take it super seriously. But if we use that similar standard, just about everyone in punk is an autist.

Those albums are highly lauded in punk if you don't know anything about what's actually popular in punk

You know that Jello said that in the 80s? OP quote was from his spoken word album No More Cocoons.

>nigger knocking for the master race but still you wear the happy face

What did Jello mean by this?

>Dissociation the highest rated record with punk leanings on RYM and Sputnik the two largest agregate popular opinion ratings websites
>The other three showing up on numerous AOTY lists most notably Pitchfork's
And no, your shitty DIY scene that makes formulaic crap isn't popular or overall that well respected.

And you think there wasn't a codified look for punk back then? The punk look was in fact a lot more codified into a stereotype by then thanks to the UK movement and the clothes those attached to the Sex Pistols were trying to sell since the very beginning.

I love metal but I also love Worry. Fucking fight me irl faget

All I was saying is i've never seen anyone praise those records outside of this board

There's more diversity in metal fashions today than the 80s but then again fashion on the whole is less homogenous now and far more DIY.

idk I thought that GLOSS ep was really good. Solid hardcore with interesting lyrical content.

>I can't find a critique so I'll call it pop punk

ok kid

Fuck off

dressing in a fashion that stems from gay night clubs and bdsm

Thanks, Rob.

It is pop punk

pretty true tho

objectifies women as glorified cum holders

mocks / threatens gay people and other minorities

obsessed with the accumulation of wealth

The only other American Genre more conservative is Pop Country. Funny how the most conservative genres are also the most shit

>wah wah im still mad i got thrown out of my band, wah

at times, metal's self-seriousness helps it. in the extremes of metal i've heard some of the most unique music i've heard in any popular music genre. stuff that I don't think would be possible without going deep into a certain frame of mind

I think the backlash against metal (especially people dismissing the entirety of the genre) is more reflective of a fear of sincerity than anything else. too many people can only enjoy music with some level of detachment or irony, and expect that out of the artist too.

it can be cheesy at times, but even as a relative outsider I love metalheads for taking metal seriously, because it shows a sincere love for the music

It's Jello.
Rollins is too outspoken, but you can't get jello to shut up.

>The Dillinger Escape Plan - Dissociation (more metal than punk at this point)
>at this point

Was there a point when this wasn't the case? Ever?

You forgot Hardwired...To Self Destruct

And the nazis.

funny, Halford said he never actually did S&M

>SJW
>god emperor

How to reveal you're autistic in five seconds