ITT

Artists or bands normies think they're unique for liking.

Other urls found in this thread:

mtv.com/news/2941144/swans-2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

grimes

2wentyone Pilots

>DUDE I'M SO INTO PSYCHEDELIC MUSIC LMAO
I actually like TI tho

One billion times this

this

death grips
nmh
swans
aphex twin

joy division
swans
grimes
death grips
animal collective
radiohead
any hip hop (for white people)

We're talking about normie normies, not Sup Forums normies

Chance the Rapper

This

Bon Iver

Thanks for breaking this hard truth to Sup Forums

Any religious figure besides Jesus.

nice

King Crimson, The Misfits, Dead Kennedys

>the misfits
>normies
what sort of patrician city do you live in

Lorde

This

>the misfits
>patrician
user you have to be joking. The Misfits are hot topic core

their merch is, but normies don't actually listen to them.

they do, but just the Metallica covers

kek

>yfw your friend's girlfriend get's visibly angry when you say you don't like The Weeknd

This. Watch this get at least five responses insecurely denying it.

Kendrick Lamar

A Day to Remember?

This true however
>implying you wouldn't wanna fuck a qt with a swans t-shirt on

Ani difranco

you know damn well your wrong, stop memeing

Just wanted to know.

Françoise Hardy

Beethoven
Bach
Mozart

I wouldn't, I'd honestly be grossed out. She went out of her way to try and look edgy and unique and only ended up a bigger stereotype than if she just stick to to top 40. Its just pathetic to see.

I actually like them, had one track with great synths on it. They're occasionally played where I work by coworkers

Bjork
David Bowie
FKA Twins
Melanie Martinez
Lana Del Rey
Yellow Swans
Grimes
Death Grips
PJ Harvey
Fever Ray
Aphex Twin
Radiohead
Mac DeMarco
Beach House

Stahp :(

Mac demarco
Swans
(For past three years) neutral milk hotel
Grimes

Tonedeff

The 1975
21 Pilots
alt-J (guilty pleasure desu)
Mac DeMarco
Chance the Rapper
The xx

This. The number of pretentious, self-righteous teenagers who think they have an "elevated" taste in music because they listen to this garbage band is ridiculous.

>paper trail is his only good album

I fucking love paper trail tho

>These posts will either be ignored or called bait because the teenagers on mu can't stand the fact they are just contrarian normies

Lol, there's a difference between normies and Sup Forums normies, as pointed out. You guys are acting like those two posts are some dose of truth that was just dropped. I don't think most Sup Forumstants would disagree with those posts (within context).

HOWEVER, they don't fit this post. This is normies we are talking about, not Sup Forums normies.

No, there isn't. You're a sheltered snowflake in denial. Its mainstream I'd every single "in really into music" fag lists it as favorites. You're not as special as you think.

wtf i thought this chick was supposed to be attractive

ITT: artists or bands non-normies think they're unique for hating.

They are technically the same as Sup Forums normies are a form of normie but they're still different from just normies. You'd have to have an entirely different thread to dig into that issue.

>You're a sheltered snowflake in denial.
lol no. read what I said:

>I don't think most Sup Forumstants would disagree with those posts

Did hipsters stop dickriding The National yet?

nope. I have never seen the appeal in them. They have some good songs but it's all just the same baritone mumbling over soft indie rock. ugh.

people think they are unique for listening to Bowie?

No, they're not.

Every. Single. "Alternative" I have ever spoken to, every single one on online communities like YouTube have the exact same taste. It doesn't matter if it doesn't "seem common", it may be less frequent in person but worldwide these people are identical to one another, top 40 fans have more variety in their tastes.

After six years of being part of the "indie" scene I've found top 40 fans are so much more interesting to talk to as they have unique opinions on generic things, compared to your average "alternative" having the exact. Same. Opinions. And taste in every fucking thing.

top kek

>top 40 fans have more variety in their tastes.
>alterntative
try harder with the bait next time.

I think that's because top 40 fans are actual normies with lives and hence are more interesting and socially adept.

This

>Hehe, you made a typo so ooks like I don't have to reply, sorry kid he.

Not true. Being social doesn't make you more interesting by default, just like asocial. Its just "patricians" have the exact. Same. Taste. And opinions. While top 40 fans have variety and genuine unique thoughts. I've seen 30 people wearing swans shirts by now, and I could probably guess what they like each time. "Normies", icant. They might like popular stuff and dislike other popular stuff. They might like the beats of drake but dislike his lyrics. That kind of thing. They have their own unique reasoning on "cliche" things. And again "patricians" don't.

>Being social doesn't make you more interesting by default
Well maybe not interesting but at least not uncomfortable to be around.

>That kind of thing. They have their own unique reasoning on "cliche" things. And again "patricians" don't.
I'm honestly unsure how to feel about this. Is it really that much better that they're unpredictable? I don't know. Maybe.

Is that Toby from The Office giving the devil horns?

Bump.

okay but why do you have to talk. Like. This. jesus

I unironically like Ani Difranco and am surprised that anyone else even cares enough about her on this board to dislike her.

they're more likely to agree because it's the truth :^)

her reserved, hesitant smile gets me off for some reason

This guy gets it

>Yellow Swans
Normies don't listen to noise

I should hope normies have enough self-awareness to realize that, with those millions of views on Youtube that band has, they're hardly unique
>Yellow Swans
You choked, man

This artist is actually pretty awful: an obviously capable rapper who instead of rapping makes an 80 minute album of terrible "emotional" ballads over embarrassing dubstep beats

>normies have a greater variety overgeneric music
bravo
>muhhh, people like swans
>muhhhh patrician's dont think for themselves because i've met a few hipsters.
lmao, burn in a lake of fire (get it? you probably dont)

>>Hehe, you made a typo so ooks like I don't have to reply, sorry kid he.
??? so no counter-argument i take it

All of these are spot on but I unironically like 90% of them lol.

Sup Forumscore

>This artist is actually pretty awful: an obviously capable rapper who instead of rapping makes an 80 minute album of terrible "emotional" ballads over embarrassing dubstep beats
You don't understand his music. Also that's one song

>Those dirty hipsters. I'm not like them!!!!!! You only met people like the same things I do that were NOT representative of me at all.

The point
_____
Your head

Pointing out a typo isn't an argument

They're both unpredictable at times, and predictable in others. Its a natural and genuine blend. Compared to the average mutant or rym browser that is always predictably aligning to a "patrician" standard. They will like jazz, they will like classical, experimental, industrial, post anything, that sort of thing. Its boring and disngenuous.

To be honest it was fine until Competitive Movement, after that it's just not to my taste at all. Even when he raps, I don't care much for his technicality, and the lyrics hardly make up for the music

His lyrics are good tho

patrick

butte

halsey
21 pilots
lana del ray
cage the elephant
the front bottoms
queen
the 1975
artic monkeys

>I use sex appeal and false counter-culture to sell records

>*BRAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPP*

>muhhh everyone who listens to *insert band here* is like everyone else who listen to *insert band here*

Pointing out a typo isn't an argument
>muhh grammar nazi cuz I dont have any legitimate criticism of your comment.

>them
kek

>ctrl+F: Florence and the machine
>0 results

Step your game up, Sup Forums.

animal collective
grimes
radiohead
death grips
swans

tame impala

Lana Del Rey
Pink Floyd
Bob Dylan
Twenty One Pilots

Yep

Normies don't all like the same shit
u guys are whining about alt teens who watch theneedledrop and browse tumblr
thats tumblr core which is just unpleasant shit heads who are narcissistic cunts

Bonus question: what do people with unique taste listen to?

that varies but they probably know what genre they like and listen to everything it has to offer. even the shitty bandcamp albums that get reviewed by nobody

I know a guy who listens to most of those artists and he thinks he's so indie and special

>artic monkeys

the most popular band to come out of britain for like 20 years

This, I don't listen to them because I want to sound weird, but I unironically think that DG, Grimes & Mac DeMarco make good music, lol.

Ani Difranco is great and you should kill yourself.

>Joy Division
Yes
>Swans
No, pretty unknown to an average normie
>Grimes
Yes
>Death Grips
No, just like Swans
>AnCo, Radiohead
ehhh

Green Day
My Chemical Romance