I fucked up my posture by years of sitting behind a desk. How do I fix this shit Sup Forums...

I fucked up my posture by years of sitting behind a desk. How do I fix this shit Sup Forums. How do I get a straight normal posture back. Did I fuck myself for good or is there a solution?

start working out, do deadlifts

Stretch out, work out and just start sitting straight.

Yoga is great. Also be conscious of how you sit.

Do romboid/trap exercises. Make sure you are stretching your pecks out as well. Keep at it for six months daily and you should be fixed. Wife's an rmt

So you're all saying it's fixable by just working out a lot (changing my lifestyle to a sportive lifestyle)? This has to take ages before it's fixed.. right.

Yoga

Read "8 Steps to a Pain Free Back" by Esther Goekle. It's got great information about all this, and how to keep best posture when sitting, standing, lying down, and walking.

Doctor said I need a backiotomy

No, maybe it could be fixed and if it is will probably take a couple of years, you need to go to an orthopedist and may have to do physical theraphy.

No they're saying it's fixable in general.

The stretching and exercising is to undo the posture you're taught your muscles to learn and to create a support system for your neck to you'll be less likely to fall into the bad posture.

The rest is just creating a new habit of sitting. It isn't about a "sportive" lifestyle.

If you want faster results try seeing a chiropractor or even a physical trainer who is particularly good with massage and sports medicine

Hahahahahhahahaa

And dubs

BASE Jumping will sort it out.

wtf are you saying i dont understand what you're point is. No its not fixable but maybe its fixable, what?

what do you mean fixable in general. either something is fixable or it isn't which one is it, this confuses me. Am I able to fix my shitty posture by myself (with stretching, working out, being aware of sitting straight)?

just to clarify. I'm trying to stand up straight all the time but it just feels awkward

checked, faggot

chiro, streching, foam rolling. even grab a hard rubber ball and find the trigger points in your back, hurts like shit but feels good after

I meant that you should go to the doctor to see if its fixable, it probably is, i just advise you to seek professional help instead of trying to fix it yourself.

where did these fucking health threads come from

go to the gym you fat sack of shit, get some muscles to hold that skeleton up

i see, thanks

Seems to me like everybody has different answers, OP. Couple say go workout.. others say go to the doctor.. yoga blah blah very vague and unhelpful. I can't help you myself either, you're screwed.

I had that same problem. It's not as if your spine is fucked it's just your muscles adapted to holding your posture they way you mostly sit. Working out solves the issue.

How long did it take for you to fix it and how much did you workout during that said time?

Also did you do certain exercises more then others that worked better?

Some other small change is buying a large exercise ball to sit on during work, plenty of companies are adding this to their offices.

I don't remember how long it took as I never kept track of it. I just remember seeing a photo of myself once and that's when I noticed how shit my posture was. I worked out rigorously enough to become a full blown athlete since then. It's been over decade and I my posture couldn't be any better even though I still spend nearly all day sitting in front of a computer. That's the thing with muscles once you do the hard part of building them maintaining them is really easy.