youtube.com/watch?v=wyt_87yCyNw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

slowed down 80's elevator music.

is pretty gud.

a meme
its shit

Gay

I d-

its a thing that i have recently heard chronically uncool dudes dismiss because of made up bad associations... finally they can shit on it in a way that make them feel morally superior. hey it had a very nice output and still morph into other stuff, all is well and rearranging

a bad meme

>mfw tranny album

cancer

ᗩ ᕮ ᔕ ᕼ ᕮ ᓰ ᑕ

Better albums than that shit, OP.

it's basically chopped n screwed muzak and it's meant to represent some sort of retro-futurist "what if 9/11 and bush didn't happen what if the optimism and capitalist excess of the 80s/90s continued" reality

80s and 90s culture mashed together, even though the mid and late 90s weren't anything like the 80s (grunge was in, synth music had become way uncool)

Decent background music.

When it's good it's good, when it's shit it's really shit. There's more shit than good because it's easy to make something and call it "vaporwave" and you had the big meme boom of 2014-16 that brought in a lot of the underage ironic meme kids into the fold to make their shit for bandcamp. I was huge into vaporwave during this period until I realized for every good vaporwave album I find I go through about 10 pieces of shit that are just slowed down Jpop from the 80s.

meme music for autistic millennials

m e m e music, pretty chill genre, but it's stale now. lo-fi hip-hop is gaining some traction, won't be long before another chill genre get's meme'd out by the hip kids.

>lo fi hip hop

Are you talking those beats over the old Dragonball/Hunter x Hunter/etc clips because I see that shit all the time now?

i like taking oxycodone every now and then on the weekends

not every weekend but sometimes maybe once or twice every other month or so

white hip hop

Sup Forums invented it and made it big now they pretend they hate it because it's mainstream with the filthy frank crowd

just like fantano

>trying to make 2016 a meme year for vaporwave.

didn't happen, there was no meme music of 2016, vaporwave was literally the last meme genre and the logical conclusion to music as a whole which occured in 2014 anything that came out after that was a remnant

wow thats really true, im glad you said that because that was a good statement on everyones behalf

You mean Gen Z

I wish that the jap didn't fuck up their economy because i am considering to buy an american car
youtube.com/watch?
v=y9AQYPDOCts
Sup Forums is made out of millennials and is self aware to the point of being completely unable to be functionnal

>Sup Forums invented it
is this true

mfw you think you're a cultural historian

soundcloud.com/akarou2600-1/kaoru-akimoto-dress-down

>no youtube link

there were 3 albums: floral shoppe, eccojams, far side virtual that we all thought shared a similar aesthetic and sound

we coined the term vaporwave and started making music in the vein of these albums in 2011-2012. guys like blank banshee, nmesh, saint pepsi got their start here. we were the first to give this style of music a name and "scene" and nobody knew about vaporwave outside of Sup Forums until yung lean became big with the aesthetic. then it spread through the mainstream internet slowly and the amount of albums increased.

Not necessarily "invent" but Sup Forums was where the fanbase originated.

Stages of meme:
Sup Forums (origin board) > Sup Forums (multiple boards) > Sup Forums (Sup Forums and Sup Forums) > Reddit (r/Sup Forums etc) > Reddit (r/funny etc) > imgur > Facebook meme pages > anime faggot Twitter > tumblr > normie Twitter > nigger Twitter > Reddit and imgur again as Twitter compilations > 9gag, iFunny etc > normie Facebook > > mom's Facebook > grandma's chain emails > newspaper comics > "funny" high school science teacher's wall

Vaporwave is currently around 9gag/ifunny

Vaporwave hasn't even made it to negro twitter yet. It got stuck around tumblr.

>That image
Literally what
16-18 year olds are even worse than millennials in terms of being needy and maladjusted. A handful of reactionaries doesn't change the ADHD Buzzfeed Twitter "woke" majority

youtu.be/y9AQYPDOCts

never seen a video like that before, but usually there's just mixes on youtube and soundcloud composed of hip hop vocals and beats with jazz samples and a 90s anime aesthetic album art like pic related

'Neo-nostalgia' for 1991 from people born in 1999
It's a joke of a genre dominated by teens hoping to be twenty-somethings and (a significantly smaller group of) twenty-somethings hoping to be thirty-somethings who think using a default Windows 95 background counts not only as modern art but also as a sort of criticism of capitalism.

You are turd

Listen this album

svccy.bandcamp.com/releases

soundcloud.com/svccymusic

Dream Vaporwave Vaportrap

youtube.com/watch?v=wyt_87yCyNw