In hindsight, was this the beginning of the end?

In hindsight, was this the beginning of the end?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=48wkIyQ5p-s
youtube.com/watch?v=iCyuRHx510Y
youtube.com/watch?v=VsbG4pXrhr8
youtube.com/watch?v=U5rLz5AZBIA
youtube.com/watch?v=CZWp3gmVQak
youtube.com/watch?v=DWGXZI6LC5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=WpFbQmAviY4
youtube.com/watch?v=L-WUEYYc4bY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>this came out ten years ago

Jesus fucking christ

>Released 2007

By Fucking God I think your right

Yeah! was the beginning of the end; this actually slowed it down because it made iTunes a legitimate marketplace and postponed the development of cheap streaming services.

no this was

This was

soulja boy and gucci mane are more influential than wu tang

Wasn't this their second album?

I thought this was rappers who peaked to early thread

This and songs like "Chain Hang Low" or "Ms. New Booty" were part of the transition, but neither was nearly as successful as "Crank Dat".

I have a theory that ties into this that I posted like two months ago; I'll post it again.

Now that I think about it, I'm surprised no one's done a vaporwave-esque deconstruction of late-2000s rap/pop music, or is it still too soon?

Also
>YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

i thought he meant the end of music

>Tfw no shades.

Way too soon. With trap and house still on the pop stations it can't be post-ironic yet.

>implying Soulja Boy's 2009-2012 run wasn't GOAT
>implying his tape with bow wow wasn't GOAT

Viper already did that

>tfw Viper was actually the guy on yhe cutting edge the whole time

youtube.com/watch?v=48wkIyQ5p-s

Well color me surprised

please do

Not necessarily trap, there's a specific sound that the ratchet turn-up music of 2007 to about 2012 had, before literally all pop became trap-influenced. Stuff like Flo Rida's "Sugar", Soulja Boy's "Kiss Me Thru the Phone", whoever did "Promiscuous", "Sexyback" come to mind. It's hard to nail down but it had a very distinct sound. Trying to pin down exactly what it was so that I can be on the cutting edge of autistic cringe vaporshit

>original theory when asked "What happened to popular music in the early '10s?"
Top 40 radio stopped playing hip-hop. That's all there is to it. Am I really surrounded by a bunch of faggots who are too young to remember hit radio from the mid-'00s and note the drastic change after 2010?

"Tik Tok" almost single-handedly killed '00s urban, such as Kanye, T-Pain, Chris Brown, the Black Eyed Peas, etc. by ushering in EDM to the radio. It wasn't the Hot 100 AND AT40 year-end number one for no reason. It made the lyrics and rhythm irrelevant and proved you only needed a hard electro beat and autotune to drive a track to number one. Taio Cruz assisted with "Dynamite", which laid the foundation for the conventional pop of the '10s.

2011 saw "Party Rock Anthem", "Like a G6", "Give Me Everything", "E.T", and "We Found Love" hit number one on the Hot 100. Kesha, Pitbull, LMFAO, and the like became more profitable than artists like Chris Brown and T-Pain. Mid-'00s stalwarts like Rihanna and Maroon 5 drastically changed their sound to adapt to the new era of pop. Finally, whatever "alternative" music that made the radio before, like Owl City and Plain White T's, were replaced by the sound Adele installed with "Rolling in the Deep", "Someone Like You", and the rest of 21.

>how this plays into this thread
The only artists that could make it through were artists like GS Boys ("Booty Dew", "Stanky Leg"), Cali Swag District ("Teach Me How to Dougie"), Rejectz ("Cat Daddy"), New Boyz ("You're a Jerk", "Tie Me Down"), and of course Soulja Boy ("Crank That", "Kiss Me thru the Phone"), because their lyrics were either easy to censor or hard to understand in the first place, giving them massive amounts of airplay. As the '00s style of urban music declined in the late '00s/early '10s and modern trap started to take over the genre, it naturally merged with the low-intelligence rap to maximize profits.

So you wanna make something like Bones? I know one of his songs used an early 2000s dance beat.

youtube.com/watch?v=iCyuRHx510Y

Changed my whole perspective on the tik tok thing. Never really looked at it as "kicking other genres out". From how I remember hip hop and edm-pop coexisted, but now that I look back at it youre totally right.

oh fugg i love that song
LA LA LA LA LA

>Actual well explained post on Sup Forums

Heavy autotune and EDM-based production, ratchet female vocals, lyrics about partying (instead of trap shit), a lot of it still used 808s but not for trap beats, for more high-energy stuff.

That is interesting though, I don't know if vaporwave is still on 80s stuff and the 90s didn't have as distinct of a sound to their pop music, so I wonder if they ever will start pastiching 2000s pop

>it's been 7 years since Tik Tok
WHAT THE FUCK

great album
so is souljaboytellem.com

give me these over college dork pandering injury reserves and denzel currys any day of the week

What the fuck I hate time now.

the fact that he self-produced his first album and got huge with it is pretty inspiring to me desu

Vaporwave has become "hardvapour" which is just shitty soundcloudcore synthwave that mostly forgoes sampling.
Post-internet music was always a temporary thing, because there's nowhere for it to really go.

bump

bump

bump

Idk, I think ringtone rap had to happen. Hip-hop had sort of exhausted itself and gotten stale around that time. Guys were coming out with slightly new sounds, but everyone in the mainstream was still approaching things the same way. Ringtone rap was a complete rejection of almost everything the genre was about, and I think it had to happen for the genre to evolve.
>tfw you finally realize the massive impact Ke$ha had on music
Not even gonna lie, some of her tunes still hold up pretty well.
Where did all this hate for Injury Reserve start coming from? It used to be they would get brought up every now and again and people were mostly positive about them but I've seen them posted way more lately and almost always negatively.

Fatima al Qadiri did it in 2011
youtube.com/watch?v=VsbG4pXrhr8

youtube.com/watch?v=U5rLz5AZBIA

You could not ESCAPE this song on the radio in 07/08. Holy shit this is a throwback for me

People hate Injury Reserve?? I didn't even know they had enough people listing to them to have a hate base set for them

youtube.com/watch?v=CZWp3gmVQak

>so I wonder if they ever will start pastiching 2000s pop
youtube.com/watch?v=DWGXZI6LC5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=WpFbQmAviY4
youtube.com/watch?v=L-WUEYYc4bY