Brits will unironically defend this

>Brits will unironically defend this

>Americans use two different numbering systems depending on whether they are above or below ground.

why do Americans call trees that?

I don't see what's so funny

everything brits say always sounds so decrepit and arhcaic, like olde english or some other dead language.

This is a GREEK post.
You should be good with numbers and scales, you're always writing with a red pen even though the germans keep giving you black ones.

Americans say dih-rection
Brits say die-rection
Why do are they so dumb

Who's Rupert and why his fingers are so famous they made it into the name of a """"dish""""?

Suddenly, cottage cheese got a whole new meaning.

>Jaguar

We do like the brits, so we will defend this too.

this

>play Rainbows Six Siege
>hear the ai yelling "He's on the first floor! Get him?"
>jokes on them, I'm on the second floor
>walls explode, two teams run in, I'm instantly KIA

This is Sir Rupert Lordsquire, a British nobleman with considerable sway in London: both political, and otherwise...

>mfw when americans call canada "A FUCKING THIRD FLOOR"

Behold, the american 5-step staircase!

It actually makes sense. We have the same system than brits and it always made no sense to me

That's because it's an American v. Europe issue, not an American v. Britain issue. It's just that Britain is the only European country whose language the American Speak.

Well, that and Spanish, but those guys don't usually have more than one floor to name.

>Brits will unironically defend this

>Why do are they so dumb
They just do dumb so are.

>tfw cunt teacher in highschool discounted points because I used US english instead of bong english

She had a great ass though.

Meh you're a cuck whiteboi so who cares about your pens and other incoherent ramblings.

>forcey fun time
Every time.

>used US english
You deserved it.

>It actually makes sense

>Forgetting Ireland

> Polish names for German towns

kek

America is more logical. No question about it. Brits are just fucking hipsters.

>roundellos
>postlord
>cottage
>rupert's fingers
>her majesty's sugar barnet

What is this ridiculous shit again?

Imagine some amerilard stepping on the unmounted end of a step in that pic...

Yanks not having discovered the number zero yet

UK lift USA
3 4
2 3
1 2
0 1
-1 -1
-2 -2
-3 -3

not even the irish speak irish, let alone americans

>brits think this house has 1 floor

but they defended this ironically

Yes, it has two stories.

read all that in hugh lauries voice

>americans call the ground flooor the first floor to feel taller

That's the actual name, Pedro
You should know

In a German elevator, sometimes you will have to press on the "0" and sometimes you will have to press on the "1" to get to the exit. But sometimes it's made less ambiguous by writing "1. OG" which means 1. Obergeschoss = first upper floor

My god, that thread.

>postlord

Elevators here will usually put a star next to the 1.

Sometimes it'll say G or, in hotels, L.

We use the same system.

> Elevators

>brits 3rd floor is americans 4th floor
>so american would appear taller

Zero is a placeholder, not a number. It represent "nothing."

Then what is -1? Less than nothing?

the whole world uses that system i think

Everyone speaks the American way of this but all our elevators say ground floor.

>Negative numbers
Heresy

ITT retards that don't know the difference between cardinality and numbers

It was only until the 20th century when people finally accepted negative numbers, before that, they were seem as "wrong" and "unnatural" kind of like how modern people view imaginary numbers. Because of this, scientists and engineers did everything to avoid them. Formulas were rearranged to remove negative numbers, balance sheets have a separate row for subtraction, the original centigrade scale had 0 as the boiling point of water and 100 as the freezing point of water. And buildings typically had underground levels labeled as B1, B2, B3... etc.

not sure what you mean but cardinality vs something, that something is called ordinality

1 Brits -0 Americans

no you idiot.
it has 2 floors.
ground floor and first floor.

In my uni, they call the basement the first floor, the ground floor the second floor, and the floor one level above ground the 3rd floor, etc. etc. I think that wins as the most retarded system of all.

Burgers will unironically defend their shitty unlogical "first floor"

Fun fact: a "cottager" is a man who goes to a public lavatory to give a handjob or fellatio to another man.
No, I'm not making this up.

Australians tend to use versions of both.

In the City it's Basement, Ground floor, First floor, Second floor etc.

In the Suburbs it tends to be like the American system except that (probably to avoid confusion) we generally don't use ordinals. So it's Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, Level 4 etc.

Wait a second, what do either of them call the floor below the first/ground one?