So me and a friend are planning to make a film to enter into some film festivals here in Queensland, Australia...

So me and a friend are planning to make a film to enter into some film festivals here in Queensland, Australia. We got some pretty good ideas surrounding the theory of time travel, but we want more thought provoking and emotionally impacting ideas. I came to Sup Forums to ask you guys for some great ideas that we could include in our film or even use, we just want something to hit an audience hard with.

If you could send in some ideas we could put you in the credits

(Pic of QT cause why not?)

>>>/reddit/

Abo time travels back to the dream time kills the rainbow serpent.....butterfly effect situation the serpent was actually his son camera pans out it was all a dream

A really trippy movie about the dream time would be rad as fuck though.

>got some pretty good ideas surrounding the theory of time travel

DROPPED

>time travel

never a good idea m8

They go back in time and kill Hitler.

OP here, we understand that but thats really the only thing we can think of that actually can have an impact

A guy goes back in time to kill Hitler only to discover the Holocaust never really happened and that Hitler was actually an OK guy.

what a twist!

>but then they fall under the spell of Hitler's fucking beautiful eyes and oratory

Because of that horrendous pic I'm not going to give you my ideas. And I have some great aussie centric death traps that Cormac McCarthy would be proud of.

THERE IS NO PAIN
YOU ARE RECEDING

Hold the door

an australian travels forward in time and realises that australians are shit at producing all forms of art, then goes back in time and doesn't bother.

Person goe sback in tme to kill himself as a baby because he fucked up during most of his life and got people killed.

When he comes back to the present (e still exist because of the Doc Brown Equation on Alternate Timelines or something), he find sout that everything is the same as it was except that everything is 2 inches to the left of where it was before.

That guy realise that he didn't have any impact on the world, his life didn't matter, so he kills himself.

His suicide destroys the old timeline and destroys every living being in that alternate universe.

Someone already did what you are proposing.

Go back in time to kill Hitler. End up in Australia. Forget to bring money have to get a job. By the time you have the money and materials war is over. Or you believe you can just walk up and kill hitler get killed in the process.

Write a movie about a sorceress who sends her consciousness backwards through time, possessing someone and using their body to find out why her kind is being hunted in the future. The plot twist will be that the reason she was hunted in her time is due to her future self meddling in the past.

It's a Wonderful Life but nobody cares if MC'd never existed.

You go back in time to help get Gremlins made. All the execs laugh at you then it becomes a success. Then you debate whether or not you want to stay because all the fame of making such a great film has brought. But you battle with the idea of knowing the future and not wanting to alter the course of history.

>You go back in time to when Gremlins made to tryand have sex with Phoebe Cates. She laugh at you then you die from explosive diarrhea.

Fixed

OP here. Ok we have decided to drop time travelling as we want to put more time into it.... Give us some extreme shit that will just fuck the audience over, whether it be feels or some twst of some sort or even just something really uncomfortbale

This is one of the most cringe worthy threads I've seen here. I hope you're 16 tops, op.

Go back in time to meet distant family or some shit that you never got the chance to. Go to such a time where you're both roughly the same age, don't reveal who you are, just spend some time with someone you never had the chance to before.

Then you discover that they are in fact actually a giant bird masquerading to be your family member. No one is real. Everyone us but a giant bird.

Squark squark nigger.

Child's dog bites child's crush and they both die. Movie is set in a concentration camp in Nazi Germany.

OP Here, Actually am 16 and im doing this because its one of my passions so suck a dick

>16
>wanna-be moviemaker
>stealing other people's ideas

You're in the right track, kiddo.

Use the time travel concept to explore Nietzsche's ideas of eternal recurrence and the will to live life as if you would have to relive it over and over.

Asking with permission actually ;) And this is really just to help us get familiar with film making so it isnt that serious

Just checking guys

Have the main character/s do something fucked up near the end of the film. You know, have your time travel plot or whatever, big up the main character/s, give the audience a reason to root for them and then have them do something fucked up. You know, kill/rape/torture/manslaughter/injure idfk. Have them fuck up the future forever or something. Then the remainder of the film will be them getting what's coming to them or end on a really shit note. idk, similar to the end of Cabin in the Woods. More thought provoking than emotional, but it could show that not even antagonists are nice people; everyone has a dark side/is human. idfk.

your idea stinks
adapt yurope: hillary's invasion into a movie instead

Pro-tip: don't make a time travel movie as your first endeavor.

If you want to get familiar with film making you better start with the essentials. I also don't think Sup Forums is the place to ask for ideas unless you want to get shit posts. Ideas shouldn't be an issue in the first place.

What should be the issue is how to finance your movie. Ideas are cheap and if you want I could give you a never ending supply of them. Materializing them is a whole other story.

18+

Sorry, laddie.

so you and a friend can't even come up with any decent ideas so you have to get them from Sup Forums for free?

no go mate

This sounds familiar.

Fuck off cunt, I'm Australian and making a time travel movie for a film festival. Stop convoluting the market.

Pay me first

make it a tragedy. Dude inventing time travel for science purposes loses someone or something he wants to go back and fix (don't make mhim make the time machine after, too unbeleivable).

Then he just makes shit worse, like a dark comedy tragedy, makes his daughter hit by car or somtin

could be a thriller, a comedy or both

>kind-hearted, loveable guy
>has lots of friends
>does charities n stuff
>suddenly gets robbed & shot in the head
>survives
>extreme personality change(pic related)
>friends and family members don't recognize him
>guy wants to take revenge against the person who shot him
>takes cruel actions to reach his goal

and I went out of ideas...

You're not gonna find ideas here.

However I wish you the best, one filmmaker to another

Sounds like Kill Bill meets Death Sentence.

How about a movie about an user that spends the entire day lurking on fourchan talking about movies, but never leaves the house!?

Lobotomy of Nicholas Cage.

Think of time as a billion and/or gates. Time is only measurable by sampling at the before and after states of a series of reactions.

You cannot time travel. Time travel causes milk to go flow up and back into the milk carton after it has been poured out. What you can do is mentally change the points of reference, if you change the history, you change time for the observer.

If the observer thought the milk was in the cup when he took the samples, you changed the time lines for that person or group of people.

I suggest you make a "time travel movie" about parallel constructs, things are only the way they are because the antagonist sets them up that way. You present to the view the scene in your left hand, where what really happened is hidden behind your back in the right hand.