Any cutters here?

any cutters here?

why do people do it? is it just for attention of does it give you some kind of addicting adrenaline rush?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/bacd/rising
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I knew a crazy amount of people who cut in high school. I think it's a bit of both. Some of them were classic spoiled "my life is so hard why doesn't anyone pay me attention" broken-home suburbanites, but some were otherwise totally normal.

The pain wakes you up. Part of me likes the scars, the other hates the fact I did it.

I started when I was 19. Haven't stopped since.
It does give me a rush but I only do it on my legs since it's a lot easier to cover up.
The cutting actually helps block out your depressing thoughts and gives you a bit of a high I guess. I don't know if I'll ever stop.

Idk, been a while not sure if you can see anything in the form of scars. It's a sense of control/release. Makes your depression/anxiety/stress level more managble but the cuts and scars make it worse in the longrun, think of it as similar to overclocking a piece of hardware or something. Some people do it because they punish themselves/hate themselves/think they deserve it so I can't speak for them but it has a root in mental illness and any level of "attention seeking" is likely to be because they don't know how to reach out and need someone to help them get help or whatever

Never had the guts
I use to self harm with candelwax though

People do it for attention

/thread

Why not work out? It helps, and the long term trade is better self image as compared to scarring.

Yes, yes it is. I should mention I haven't done it in two years but there's the issue of where a lot of normal people have trouble getting their shit together and enough energy to work out, much less if you're suffering from mental illness

i used to do it in highschool as well as first semester college. I was very suicidal back then and it was a way to cope with things. It was to substitute emotional pain with physical pain. I never wanted attention for it so always cut right below my hips so no one would ever see.

soundcloud.com/bacd/rising

its pretty hot tho

Distracts from a shitty homelife. Personally I focused on it, watch it bleed. in retrospect it was pretty dumb and i could have done a million other things but oh well.

Fuckin finish the job faggot.

When I use to do it I did it for attention.

the problem with the suicide of these times is that all still alive, fag

This.

Cutting is just attention whoring mixed with mental illness, actually severely depressed people would kill themselves and just slightly depressed people are too much of a pussies to hurt themselves.

Its whatever tho, atleast they dont burn stuff or poison dogs so its a victimless crime and if they happen to cut slightly too deep, nothing of value is lost

Did it a lot of times, mainly because I couldn't admit to actually kill myself, but that was close enough to harm myself pretty bad instead.
In my case I always hide it from sight with long shirt or bandages, or pretexting an angry cat hurted me.
It could be a way of expressing pain that is not visible and make it real.

Bleeding out takes such a long time it's nearly impossible. I've seen a guy who cut himself down the arm and lost a shitload of blood still survive