/daily/ - Fish Anal Sys Edition

If you post ITT you will recieve one (1) gf

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>come here to make charts

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>come here to endlessly circlejerk over meme videos and maybe sometimes hopefully music

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>come here for op pics, charts, listenalongs, misc. stuff

Most importantly, Love You

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/contrapasso/im-not-putting-effort-into-ruining-my-favorite-autechre-album
youtube.com/watch?v=PZjTseSHPAM
youtube.com/watch?v=0WggsWt7bbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=uFYU7z0jqZw&t=1940s
google.com/amp/s/arthurmag.com/2013/12/04/ah-man-a-career-spanning-conversation-with-jack-rose-by-brian-rademaekers-from-arthur-no-33/amp/?client=safari
last.fm/user/dailyrudi
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

da boyz

i do not think the head measurement was marked properly on this, please fix asap.

>not having a 75 cm hed
sad!

please mark the cirumference correctly the next time.

vry sry friend :) I will do better

It's 1 AM here in the Midwest. 23 Hours to the new year.

What's /daily/'s overall thoughts on how 2016 turned out, as far as music goes?

rip chingchong

new fishmans album came out I can't complain

indeed

Hey, I noticed you in the last thread, and I have a question.

Would you recommend Fishmans

nah. i would recommend ISMFishOF

Fishmans is very good but like not totally amazing
Also drop if you see this, go to the last thread

this was a bad idea and I'm blaming it on opiates so I don't have any regrets
soundcloud.com/contrapasso/im-not-putting-effort-into-ruining-my-favorite-autechre-album

ok
are you referring to Radioactive Sago Project?

that ain't goregrind, that's a Pinoy funk jazz punk spoken word meme
yes

top album desu

Very solid stuff. For a 44 minute release, it manages to jump between somber guitar/drums improvs, Haino's vocal torments with a percussion back up (both of the title tracks), gorgeous dream-like closer and some noisy fast-paced wanks. I'm mostly glad that Haino's vocal improvs here last the exact time amount they should.

8+/10 easily. Can recommend.

cyкa бля!

The soundtrack is top quality, memes aside

If you meant Yves Tumor, it's hypnagogic pop mixed with industrial techno

>Jandek - Glasgow Friday

Rep back in Glasgow with Youngs and Nielsen. Guitar/bass/drums trio is at it again!

And yet I feel a bit uncertain about this show. To me it sounded like their first ever performance with a slightly better synchronization between the players. It also lacks the shocking punch that was the first live appearance from the Rep as a statement of its own.

It sounds alright with some cool lyrics and grooves (These Kokomos), but something is lacking. Doesn’t feel as inspired or as “epic” as their first endeavour. The only two things that caught my ear was the theme of the opening Walking Blues and my confusion with the word “Kokomos”. That’s about it. I wish I could say more, but if you heard Rep’s debut performance then you basically know what this one is all about.

5-/10

>brood type

who is this wet dream ice cream?

Bump

What y'all doing?

I'm traveling through Latvian countryside and it looks bleak as fuck

i sorta abandoned this last week because i wanted to get my new music player set up before downloading new shit.
SremmLife 2 now, first track is surprisingly noisy :0

>still hasn't heard Blackstar
Wut

s

oh holy shit i'm unbanned thank god sorry for the shitpost

i'm back baby, back from being needlessly range banned
expect great things

also post your 2016 itt

when Bowie died i discovered i hadn't had heard any Bowie ever so i first went through his classic albums. i guess i sorta forgot about Blackstar after that

So holy fucking shit this match, 2 9/10's in one round and I couldn't even decide which one I like more

Luther recced Nico - The Marble Index
The tension in this thing is beautiful, makes my whole body feel cold, amazing experience, however I didn't really like "No One is There"

Lamb/Laurel recced Daniel Figgis - Skipper
This evoked a huge feeling of nostalgia within me, there were a few weaker tracks but the best ones really really stood out, absolutely magical.

I thought and thought and I still couldn't decide which was better, so I am needing of an EP from Luther and Lamb, for a tiebreaker, can be any genre.

why am i asking for lamb to rec here i forgot they didn't post in this thread

Not the most accurate thing ever cause my Fiio doesn't scrobble but whatever

i just got a Fiio X1 too (same one you have I think?), I'm gonna miss lastfm

You get the new gen one?

This guy German Brigante is gud
youtube.com/watch?v=PZjTseSHPAM

Last time I asked for jungle recs, now rec me random bleeps, don't care about what type.

nah, got the gen one secondhand. it's fucking great tho, paid $150 total for the player and a 200 GB sd card

You can stop now, Vinter is the new Benji.

why is this?

Not the biggest fan, pretty much any CSH play is from ToD or How to Leave Town

My Boy, Nervous Young Inhumans and Bodies are great songs tho

I don't know, I got an e-mail telling me to tell you that.

thank you for informing me. I'll be sure to put in a good word for you.

Any bleep recs while you're at it?

What's wrong with you? Just go to /bleep/ and open a few links.

What makes you think I haven't done that already?

Do you want to be the new Vinter or something?

What makes you think I'm not already Vinter?

I'm watching an anime about cute bourgeoise children from 1000 years in the future discovering that their society is built on slave labor and apparently other things their world and past that would better be kept in the shadows and it's pretty nice so far

thats probably what I'm gonna do for the rest of today

I don't even know what to think anymore.

makes u think

That's dank! The second gen's firmware is laggy af but dat 256gb SD card tho

are his live lineups this fancy nowadays?
hey

hey you. give me music to listen to. preferably bleeps.

I don't have any bleeps on me, mister.

that'll do. You can go now. Have a nice day.

*posts in this thread*

Here's your gf

Have you heard Oake - Monad XXIV

World's end girlfriend Released a new album, Last Walz. It's as cheesy as usual but I liked it

o but where do i go now i am lost

youtube.com/watch?v=0WggsWt7bbQ

ep4 mostly just dumped a ton of history and scifi. the kids all look the same and barely have personalities but thats okay because eugenics

What are your New Years' Resolutions, /daily/?

less music, more shitposting

Read the Bible, post one (1) thing that isn't shit, then s/t.

been neglecting this chart

I like the Copeland a lot, especially the vocal tracks. Really strong atmosphere through the album.
Vespertine I like a lot, probably one of my favorite Bjork albums. I have to listen to it more though. I like the consistent feel of the tracks, which I haven't really gotten from another of her albums.

The Hecker album is nice, it didn't really strike me as amazing but it's a nice ambient experience. I have never really gotten much from his music. Maybe I need to give his other albums another chance.

My resolution is to buy more nice things for myself

so uhh, I'm really starting to doubt myself because I kinda enjoyed this. it's all guilty pleasure tier pop trap bangers (even for trap rap these beats are fucking loud) presented with a fittingly bratty arogance. Some of these beats are a lil too skeletal for my taste (usually just 808s + bass + a synth or midi sounding piano loop) but usually it works rather well. It's catchy and it makes me wanna get wasted, what else could I want from a pop rap record?
Yellow / it's cool.

continue what I'm doing.

>where'd you find this out?
A song of his came on my car Playlist and Daniel started going off about how william tyler has weak melodies and how his technique isn't that good. He said a lot of guitar guys in the scene, especially older ones, hate him because he's like a Nashville rich boy who doesn't know shit about real coutcry or blues. They say his accent is even fake. Daniel's friends call him 'catfish' cause he's got a weird face .

They also used to call James Blackshaw, 'James Fatshaw' cause they didn't like him much either

Essentially Primitivism guys are 8th grade bullies

>8th grade bullies
That's what I'm saying. As much as I think William Tyler is all right/not particularly my style, that's such a terrible approach to preserving the legacy of a genre that more or less just meant you were untutored.

Basho followed almost none of the perceived rules and is some beloved figure, Kottke followed Fahey pretty closely and people think he kind of sucks.

this is fucking hilarious and I don't know why

i get the criticism though, Tyler's stuff is about as far removed from country and blues you can get while still falling at least somewhat under the primitivism spectrum. and Daniel's a much better player.

I think they mostly don't like him because he's sort of an ass and doesn't respect the roots of the music like other players. And it seems like they've warmed up to Blackshaw.
I think that's the kind of mindset you get into when you get so devoted and passionate about one thing. When you see someone else who is just kind of using your persona to coast without much effort and get lots of recognition for it, it can be pretty frustrating.

That is true about Basho though, and Fahey hated Basho's playing for a long time until it was Alan Wilson I think, that sort of explained it to him.
So you got a good point

Finished this, discovered some pretty good stuff. Those Elgar cello concertos especially are hauntingly beautiful. The Robert Glasper thing is a fucking mess of an album and not what Miles deserves :(

And now this, where should I start?

I dunno, I've just never been super big on LUM despite loving Memphis hip-hop. He has some great singles but I think he's a bit streaky honestly. That album has some cool ideas but isn't as awesome as I was expecting.

Haven't heard it in a while though, so I'll have to revisit it.

Monk's Music is one of my favorites, that's where I'd start if I were you.

Also be interested in hearing your thoughts on Pictures at an Exhibition. It's been on my backlog forever even though I know nothing about classical music ll. You seem to know your shit so I'm curious to see what you think.

start with shinsekai yori symphony (thats dvorak)

Hey does any of you nerds have Apple Music and if so, could you maybe check if certain albums are available? Or is there like a site to check this? I want to switch from spotify because it integrates better with my stuff, but I have no idea whether the jazz and classical catalogues are anywhere near as good.

>switch
is it not possible to use both?

Meh, that would kind of defeat the purpose of why I want to switch, which is reuniting my music libraries.

cool, I'll try to write sth but I suck at writing. (Also don't really know my shit, only been actively listening to classical for ~6 months, but I'm making progress I guess :) ).

coolio

more like this???

youtube.com/watch?v=uFYU7z0jqZw&t=1940s

>tfw a lot of these people are gone

What would a new version of this look like?

Oh I forgot about this
Daniel showed it to me

From Jack Rose's funeral

i'm thankful for brainbombs
i loved it, had a stupid smile on my face from start to finish and even tears of joy a few times. thank you for taking the time for making that for me

here's my entry

>They also used to call James Blackshaw, 'James Fatshaw' cause they didn't like him much either

Some good motherfuckers here, RIP

Also I think WT looks more like a game of thrones character, take your pick

I guess I'm not that antisocial when I'm not depressed so I'd probably be a lil less dandere
q t

comment with a bird thanks

it's 2017 here

happy new year you memes

yo you're talking about Daniel Bachman right?

I know you met or something but you still talk to each other and stuff up to now?

how'd it happen?

also, more juicy American Primitivist gossip pls

no spoilers thank

Morning daily!
Still haven't made new years plans lmao, time to call up some buddies.
What are y'all up to?

(me last night)

Going to a NYE party. It will be full of people I don't know so I'm kinda doubtful about me actually enjoying it but we'll see.

i always forget he's gone :'(

awesome font though

he is an odd looking man

spending the day and night w/ gf and family

because man do i fucking hate parties

so how did your 2016s look

mine was p neato

how le fucc did I listen to Bipp that much in one day tho

assuming a phone sync glitch but wew lad

>tfw wasn't included

spending the night with my family because my friends are on the other side of the world :(((((( it's fun i guess but i'd rather get shitfaced

sad!

happy new year to you!!!

qt

no

I've posted this before, but check out this excellent Jack Rose interview. He covers a lot of the early primitive stuff, Sun City Girls, the awesome Philly scene.

google.com/amp/s/arthurmag.com/2013/12/04/ah-man-a-career-spanning-conversation-with-jack-rose-by-brian-rademaekers-from-arthur-no-33/amp/?client=safari

okay so i un-ragequitted lastfm, because I want to join in on the collage hype again :(
add me last.fm/user/dailyrudi

Listening to jazz on the back porch with my pops. Then I'll probably watch some college football tonight. Other than that, no idea

Kek, that's pretty great

Same

Literally who

changed university and degree but im stuck with the same attitude, made friends with one new guy but completely blew my chance with at least three other people, didnt improve any skills, started watching anime, became chubbier
not that good i'd say. maybe ive become less delusional but i dont consider that a good thing
my mom is turning into my grandma more and more and it's worrying to see. health and attitude both. my cousins got children and got married (not with each other) so thats good for them

i remember i slept in early last nye so im even on the same sleep cycle shit again and i guess i wanted to see that transition into the new year is sort of an omen for it or what?

that was pretty disappointing too

>how le fucc did I listen to Bipp that much in one day
>not listening to le BIpp that much every day
actually coulda sworn i listened to pic related at least twice as often that one time but whatever, still the greatest riff of all time

less music, less shitposting, less anime, less worry, less breathing and making it painless

whats your type
whats your new type

So little listens in january
I have most of my scrobbles in january/december because it's my most free time. Summer vacations are always without internet.
By the way sandy denny is underrated on this board :x

intelligent, nihilistic, with a wicked sense of humour