Disc Two
“Confusion”
“Dream No More”
“ManUNkind”
“Here Comes Revenge”
“Murder One”
“Spit Out the Bone”

That was one of the most boring things I've seen on youtube

not good enough to be on one o their good albums (kill em all - justice) but it sounds closer than anything they've done since. Vocals are quite shit.

what about Death Magnetic?

Good old school thrash. Chorus is super cheese tho.

oh yeah, forgot that existed. I quite like the riff but the vocals ruin it for me.

Fuck these has-beens. I keep hearing an ad on Pandora with James blabbing about an upcoming live show with 'TALLICA... what the fuck seriously ? He sounds like that SNL skit the Californians.

Metallica sounds like a bdsm polka band on meth.

oom-PA-oom-PA-oom-PA-oom-PA

lol dude i heard that ad, i was like "just shut the fuck up"

I like it.

Not into it. Sounded very formulaic, generic, and solo was pathetic. Also this is a personal thing, but I don't really like when lyrics include cuss words. Metallica is at that point where they put out crazy revolutionary shit and have become so successful from it that topping that stuff is extremely difficult (especially since so many bands have copied or expanded on their style). Same shit with Slayer.

Hard to be believably angry when you're old rich suburbanites.

>Not into it. Sounded very formulaic, generic, and solo was pathetic. Also this is a personal thing, but I don't really like when lyrics include cuss words. Metallica is at that point where they put out crazy revolutionary shit and have become so successful from it that topping that stuff is extremely difficult (especially since so many bands have copied or expanded on their style). Same shit with Slayer.

Similar thoughts, although I am forgiving when it comes to new material. There will never be another Master of Puppets, Rust in Piece, Reign in Blood, etc. and I understand that but also don't want to see the same formula over and over.

>James is 53
>Kirk is 53
>Lars is 52

ITT metallica had a senior moment

How old is Rob?

Got to 1:01... then switched it off. It sounds great but when Hetfield starts sining... it's fucking shit. I think they need a new singer. Hetfield has lost it imho.

51 but fuck Rob

How many albums can these guys release about self-destruction and death before people notice they don't actually do either of them?

This

Old metallica trying to recycle old metallica.
"Hey, just cuz we're in our 50's doesn't mean we can't still thrash." Yep, liked them, when they were fresh and young, like I was. Will Lars have a tantrum if people don't pay for it?
Riiiiiight. Make this your last. Retire, produce, etc. Old guys doing young guy stuff to "re-capture" their youth. No. Sad. Pathetic.

this. I hate the way he sings now. I get he's old as fuck and can't do any other kind of singing but jesus. Just hearing him do older metallica songs like that is terrible

I prefer loud Chilean Santa

Riff's alright I guess, but the vocals are garbage.

So Metallica.

"We're so fucked! Shit out of luck"

now that the dust has settled can we all agree Megadeth > Metallica

Metallica sucks now because they have no more Mustain riffs to rip off. Most of their "classic" songs are all Mustain. At least Megadeth is still releasing good albums

Ho ho ho.

I take it you're not a fan of his, then ;-)

It's a joke, but I'm not laughing.

Retire already, it's embarrasing.

An album that writes its own reviews.

Cliff didn't die for this

this is actual artwork btw

JUST

Nice dubs too.

this

By Jacob, aged 8.

wtf.....Kill Em All 2?

>Am I Savage

Kill Em All had way better track names.
fuckin >Here Comes Revenge

Somebody please turn this into a meme.

that sounded.. really boring and unoriginal.
both the music itself and singing felt bland, and tame.

Double album is it?

music is alright, but FUCK somebody just tell james to stop singing

it's a double album, yes

This, generic is dead on and the lyrics are piss piss poor.

For no fucking reason. You can fit 18 tracks on a single disc easy, let alone 12

>ManUNkind

Exactly. Because they're not hungry anymore.
Their older, richer, and are "doing old metallica".

With music like this would you *really* be satisfied with just one album?

>“Spit Out the Bone”

kek

I would rather have NONE.

>tfw Lars will NEVER be able to stop me from pirating this album

They're doing cosy well-fed thrash metal.

It's like a bunch of old guys who liked Metallica went to "Rock n Roll Fantasy Camp."

True. But what would you rather them sing about? Being angry, or how much money they have in the bank?

Almost worth starting up Napster again.

So are the other bands in the Big 4.

I'd rather them not sing at all. But if they had to why not just make up stories about crazy wars and cool shit and sing about that? I'd rather listen to fantasy lyrics than whatever the fuck it is I just heard here

Megadeth and Anthrax at least still put effort into their shit and have some creative juices left

But try getting people to pay double for one disc. It's a psychological thing

Their best stuff was either not directly about real life or not about it at all
>all the stuff about Cthulhu

>Cthulhu
>Cliff Burton died 30 years ago

True. Their last albums were pretty damn good. Especially Dystopia. That one was really solid. But still, neither are as good as their classic shit like Rust In Peace or Among the Living

Or as Metallica calls it "Please Don't Sue Methulu

Doesn't matter, the point has been made. Metallica sucks ass

Most of their best stuff was about real life and real issues. The only albums that have less of that is Kill and Ride which Dave wrote most of anyways

youtube.com/watch?v=2zhi3FmTUFg

>those two fucking solos

>fantasy
enjoying your power metal?

All of their worst stuff was the same. St. Anger is alll real and alll cringe

They can sing about whatever they like, I was simply observing they're now rich, fat, happy, and old, which makes it hard to sound anything but contrived when singing about the anger of youth.

Think of listening to autists singing about painful romances. Not believable.

I dunno, I like Mastodon if that counts. Leviathan is an example of a good album with what I would call some good fantasy lyrics

I liked this one tho
youtube.com/watch?v=NTU6NLovI_Q

okay, nearly every song on Master and Justice are about real issues and shit and both are incredible. They changed styles, that's it. What they write/play about doesn't make them any better or worst

Hrm I see your point.

Just pointing out that yes, what they write and play about can make them worse, or better, in this case worse

Great songs tell a story. Think of "one" or "for whom the Bell tolls". This new "hardwired" song is hardcore instrumentally but the lyrics are fuckin retarded. Will not listen to it twice.

ive never researched the matter,how did they steal david's riff?

Best song off the album imho.

This is actually a solid album - music wise. Straight riffs with good enough vocals...

At this point Jim Bruer's impersonations of Metallica are more entertaining than they are.

They were better when they were Alcoholica.

>metal
>punk
pick one

tldr version
>dave wrote a bunch of songs
>they kick him out of the band
>they keep the songs he wrote and they stretch his riffs out 2 (two) whole albums and a bit of a third

Name a "classic" metallica song on kill/ride and it's almost for sure Dave write it. Heres a prime example
youtu.be/nEsmpOeTzjk

New reaction image/meme spotted.

Has potential

Yup.

Also checking those dubbies.

it's ok, i guess, but i'm more of a norwegian black metal guy myself

As repetitive as ever

This. That train left the station long ago.

you mean all the stuff dave wrote? yup, dave wrote that song

more like Lars is 5'2"

Hhahahhhahaha.

Id gladly believe that

I read it as "Lars is 5 too"

2nd that

pure cringe

they should've stopped making music after Justice

oh yea saw a documentary bout that, but the song confirms it.
imagine if dave remained in metalica guys