ITT: Ask a Fireman anything

ITT: Ask a Fireman anything

Career, Big City in Midwest, Been doing it for 10+ years

Have you read Farenheit 451?

why

Why what dipshit?

Answer the first question faggot

why the fuck you a fireman fucker

I read the synopsis.......My favorites are Tolkien though.

Because I am good at it.....and I genuinly enjoy helping (most) people

why are you gay

20$ is 20$

why

Did you have moment in your career when someone died and you didn't save her/him and thought that is your fault? How it is?

Yes........I know it wasn't.....but it was a little girl with a disease I could do nothing about and she died looking at me.........haunts me to this day and that was years ago

is op a faggot

can't you reach here or what?
And sorry mate, I understand.

What city do you work in?

The midwest is already a humid shit hole, and you're fighting fires in it. Feel bad for you OP

only when 20 dollars is involved

not sure what you are saying......she had sickle cell......not a lot you can do with that

no and dubs is truth......fuck this summer

Vol Firefighter here.
Only been at it almost exactly a year, live in a very low population area with very low call volume, but I'll try to answer questions to the best of my knowledge for at least a few minutes.

You didn't answer my question. What city annon?

why do wild land fire fighters exist?

OP doesnt want to answer summerfag go away

City of Nunya, somewhere between Cali and NY........dumbass

to preserve the wealthy ass mansions and ski resorts

this guy gets it

What the fuck? How does that question make me a summerfag?

It's a simple fucking question. The city you work on says a lot about the role you play as a fire fighter.

To fight wildfires

>inb4 summerfag goes back to school

I work in a city in the midwest that serves over a mil easy........nothing to see here.......My role is on a rescue pumper.....I fight fire, do rescues, do truck work......whatever it is I do.

What is the relationship between you and the paramedics? Just stay out of each others way, or do the jobs kind of work closely together? Are firefighters required to go through some sort of EMT Basic?

Always was interested in signing up, but afraid my asthma would make it hard/impossible, what you say?

Best resources for training via YouTube and podcasts. Two months into career Dept myself and my Dept has never had someone as fresh as me. Never been first in on an interior structure fire in three years of vollying.

When was your most recent call? What was it?

If it wasn't a structure fire, when was the last time you worked one? How bad was it?

do you love me\

i was the second posted and have posted 9 times

have i earned ur love

That was requesting your best training resources btw. Union keeps us from training off shift.

Only 4 options. Indy, chiraq, kc, stl

Ever think of having a little party with your coworkers, involving hiring a couple strippers and using the poles for, you know.

I'm flabbergasted at how that makes me a summer fag. You are a fool m8.

If you're not actually going to answere questions then why the fuck did you even make this thread. Sage in all fields

Fuck you guys. I'm going to go fuck my girlfriend's tight pussy then fall asleep. I will never think of this thread or you fags again.

so structural firefighters can have heroes too

>inb4 summerfag never leaves and its even more mad cus school is staring soon

slygsaasisoi

>implyling you have girlfriend
>being this faggot

Is it worth it to be a firefighter? Also, whats the worst thing you've ever seen?

Are you gonna answer my fucking question OP?

All you can do is show up at their next training and apply.
If your asthma is very bad, it may very well hinder you from going inside of a working fire, but they should still probably let you do something outside like work the pumper or use a hose on the outside of the house or something.
Even if they just have you directing traffic and rolling hoses, you're still doing a service to your community and possibly freeing up somebody else that could go inside if needed.

Also very interested in this, all we usually ever do for training is fast-forward through IFSTA slideshows and listen to the instructor tell stories of old calls he's worked.

You're good at putting water on fire? Great skill there kiddo

I tell anyone trying to get on the job now to fuck firefighter training, get your medic liscense......thats the way it is going. I'm one of the last from the old school that is just an EMT- Basic........most departments will hire you as a medic and send you through fire school now.

Gonna eat a lot of smoke and shit and asbestos.......better talk to your doc about that

you tube and google are excellent resources......Look up Brotherhood LLC.......I am an instructor and frequently use crap from youtube in the classes I write

some bullshit call....a minor car wreck.....last fire it was bullshit and hot as balls

been done.....I'm too old for that now.....it's for the rookies I suppose. I just want my girlfriend to suck my dick and let me watch the news before I fall asleep

Not OP, but Asthma will be aggravated by the smoke and high cardio output needed.

I'll answer for you. I wouldn't recommend it. Could you do the job? Maybe. But it's a huge risk.

yes, dead babies

(EMT question guy)
Thats interesting. How are you doing for salary? Seems like you've been at it for a while, is there any sort of significant pay increase?

Depends on what you mean by "worth it".

IF you're able to get hired on by a paid department, you work long-ass shifts that are mostly bullshit calls like car wrecks or lifting assistance for EMTs, and occasionally work a nice big structure fire.
The pay is (usually) pretty good but at the cost of ever sleeping right again, and possibly serious bodily harm if something goes wrong.

If you can't make a paid department and decide to volunteer somewhere anyway, you work your ass off at your day job, and then when you get home and get ready to eat with your family you get called out on all the bullshit calls anyway. Rarely you'll get to work a structure fire, hoping it's not anybody you know or grew up with or anything like that.
The risks are the same as a paid department, except you don't get paid for it. You volunteer your time, your gas going to the calls, your money when the station needs something, and your body when necessary.

There is no real "reward", a lot of times the public looks down on you and is very rude, even if you just pulled the same guy out of a burning car a few weeks ago. Especially if you're a volunteer, then people say you're not a "real firefighter" even though you get the same training and do the same jobs as paid guys.

The only real reward that comes from it is bettering your community and helping people.
If you don't genuinely like helping people, it's probably not for you.

All of that said, it's one of the most important jobs, but one of the most overlooked jobs.

fuck no.......its better than working in the food industry.......but by no means is this where you go to make money. I can live comfortably for how I live, but most of us have another job on our off days. I don't do this for money......If I wanted money I would be a shit ass nurse or some dipshit doctor.

I forgot to add, yes I think it's worth it, and yes you should try it out if you think it's for you.

this fag is not me the op.......watch Ladder 49 again hero

Figured as much, was hoping there might be a little bit of a increase for the guys who have been at it a long time.

Really interested in being an EMT, but at this point its shaping up to be a summer job as I go for a MD.

I'm not pretending to be the OP, that's just my own experience as a volunteer.

How am I wrong?