Le martha scene was stoopid

>le martha scene was stoopid
Gospel of Snyder 2

Batman's entire character arc in this film is about him becoming a hero again. He's introduced here as the monster, the devil in the shadows. Taking down criminals for a lead on Kryptonite so he can destroy Superman. The murder of Robin by The Joker and watching Superman's battle with Zod destroy Metropolis has broken him. He feels powerless against a cruel world he can't control any longer, and that rage has turned a good man cruel. He now kills to defend himself and other people, and brands the most heinous criminals to condemn them. Cold-blooded murder will be his final step. When he hears Superman use (what he thinks is) his dying breath to beg him to save his mother, he finally sees that he has become the villain. It's not about their mothers having the same name. It's about Batman realizing that he is no different than the monster who killed his parents and created him. In throwing down the spear and saving Superman's mother, he also saves himself. Anyone who looks at that entire scene and sees nothing but a shitty Step Brothers meme, they wrote BvS off before it was even filmed. They already hated it because they didn't like Man of Steel, or they don't like Zack Snyder, or they don't like the idea of DC having their own Cinematic Universe. God forbid that a film actually have subtext instead of lame quips and long-winded explanations. Batman's entire character arc in this film is about him becoming a hero again. He's introduced here as the monster, the devil in the shadows. Taking down criminals not to save these women, but for a lead on Kryptonite so he can destroy Superman. The murder of Robin by The Joker and watching Superman's battle with Zod destroy Metropolis has broken him. He feels powerless against a cruel world he can't control any longer, and that rage has turned a good man cruel. He now kills to defend himself and other people, and brands the most heinous

Other urls found in this thread:

manofsteelanswers.com/lex-luthor-explained/
imgur.com/a/foSdR
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

criminals to condemn them. Cold-blooded murder will be his final step. When he hears Superman use (what he thinks is) his dying breath to beg him to save his mother, he finally sees that he has become the villain. It's not about their mothers having the same name. It's about Batman realizing that he is no different than the monster who killed his parents and created him. In throwing down the spear and saving Superman's mother, he also saves himself. Anyone who looks at that entire scene and sees nothing but a shitty Step Brothers meme, they wrote BvS off before it was even filmed. They already hated it because they didn't like Man of Steel, or they don't like Zack Snyder, or they don't like the idea of DC having their own Cinematic Universe. God forbid that a film actually have subtext instead of lame quips and long-winded explanations

>I thought she was with you.
What did he mean by this?

Well.
Batman
thought wonderwoman was a alien like superman at first

Go back to Sup Forums or twitter, low IQ

>m night shyamalan

Link to part 1 OP ?

It's the other way around: MoS is kino, BvS is cinema

thanks user OP

You are correct OP

God DC is so butthurt

>manchildren genuienly think there's thematic weight and intelligent ideas in their mass-produced conveyer belt products marketed to little kids
>literally men in spandex hitting each other

>le Lex is The Joker
>his plan doesn't make sense

manofsteelanswers.com/lex-luthor-explained/

Nobody cares about your blog where you over analyze garbage trying to pretend it's not

same guy how many times are you gonna post this?

when it stops being it true, and when you stop getting salty about it you big old baby.

Tldr nigga.

I finally fucking watched this movie and I don't get it. It's fine, it is a fine movie, it is above average capeshit but it is still capeshit. It isn't a pile of shit, and it isn't a masterpiece. These console wars have gone far enough that you have people unironically arguing one companies superhero movies are the greatest thing to happen to the medium while the other companies are the absolute worse when the difference in quality doesn't exist.

People are describing blatant shit that average movie goers easily pick up on in the most long winded way so it sounds like it has artistic merit. This shit is pathetic, stop ruining the board or at least get a containment general.

>user has broken down.
>schizophrenic diarrhea

I'm someone who enjoys them all, albeit for entirely different reasons.

Marvel shit is mass produced, assembly line, by the numbers, bullshit, filled with quips, made to appeal to normies. At least they're entertaining.

BvS was a fucking boring chore to sit through at best, and an absolute cringe fest at worst. And I don't mean cringe in the way Marvel films might make someone cringe. Marvel would make someone cringe because they're failing to actually be funny. This movie tried so fucking hard to be "deep" and "insightful" with its "biting" social commentary and philosophical "insights". It was just straight up condescending and pretentious. Snyder's head was placed firmly inside of his own ass. This makes this film ALSO assembly line shit, since they're just trying to be "DUDE SO DEEP LMAO" like Watchmen, Dark Knight, and Dark Knight Rises. Also, I can't think of a single casting choice in a single MCUck venture nearly as bad as Lex "poor man's Michael Cera playing the Joker" Luthor.

tl;dr, they're both cringey shit, but I'd rather watch a cringey failure to be funny over a cringey failure to be "so deep bro". But that's just me, I could see how some might prefer it the other way.

batman doesn't even wear a fucking spandex neither does superman

you can try to make the plot dumb down enough but you still probably couldn't understand it

flick = the dark knight
movie = taxi driver
film = there will be blood
cinema = paris, texas
kino = the holy mountain

>batman is mad at superman
>superman is mad at batman
>common ground found
>Michael Cera is causing bigger problem
>spooky scary skeleton helps
>kill doomsday

complicated plot

Fellow fan here. What's your take on what Bruce meant about the light being a "beautiful lie?"

OP youre onto something. Keep up the good work

The idea that being Batman is his salvation from the trauma of his mother's death, but actually leads him further into paranoia and obsession.

>28 posts
>this thread has been up for 6 hours
DC cuck desperation knows no limits.

I agree with you yet that argument is invalid. Every plot can be simplified this way to make it sound idiotic.

Please don't come back

Another apostle provided an alternate take.

That's what I took away from it, too, as well as it being the false hope that vengeance could ever bring him peace.

When Superman says “Save Martha”, Batman gets angry and thinks, for a second, that he is actually a God. He knows what happened to his mother and that he didn’t do anything to save her from the killer.
When Batman finds out that Martha is just Clark’s mother, he starts seeing him as a mere human, a human that cares about others. “He is almost dead and his last words are to save his mother, he is no different than me.”
This time Bruce can actually do something and save Martha, so he doesn’t even think twice. He jumps on the ship and goes save her.

That was the whole point. Not because they share a name.

imgur.com/a/foSdR

>It's not about their mothers having the same name.
Why did the script writer give them the same names then?

bait

It is a simple plot though, most depth in movies isn't from a complicated plot anyways. Not that BvS has any to dole out.

I wish I could see Snyder's reaction to all this shit. Just to see him admit that none of is accurate or what he was trying to do and it's nothing more than people shoehorning depth.

Let's dispense with this fiction that Snyder doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing.

I never said he doesn't understand the characters he is working with.

But this is in the same vein as room 237, in that it is neat that people are able to connect so much to their theories about the subtext and meaning but in no way are they correct. They made up their mind what it is about first and then found things within the movie to support that.

The same thing has happened with Inception, which isn't surprising since Snyder is just a lower class Nolan.