Mfw amerisilvers have crazy amount of funding and world class facilities and coaches

>mfw amerisilvers have crazy amount of funding and world class facilities and coaches
>still only 5th

L M A O

The US Olympic team gets no government funding

what funding ? they get nothing .

>Less golds than Hungary
HUNGARY

>mfw amerisilvers spend billions every year in designer drugs and can't even beat kangaroos

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
OI OI OI

australia is going all out in Rio

>a country where everyone is 6 foot 4 and full of muscles is beating a country where everyone is a manlet and skinnyfat

Call me when I should be shocked

>funding
What?

>0 (zero) medals

nigga NCAA is practically a professional league. that's where most your athletes come from.

also I don't mean that as a criticism. It's a bloody fantastic system.

I'm worried you cunts are going to beat us in the rowing and track cycling. Last time we just edged it in both, but Bruce is on form this year desu

>In 2013, the USOC dedicated nearly 93 percent of expenditures to support programming for U.S. athletes and National Governing Bodies. Of those expenditures, a total of $73 million in grants provided direct support to athletes and sport bodies, as well as the international Olympic and Paralympic Movements. Another $81 million helped support programming, including the development of U.S. Olympic Training Centers, U.S. Paralympics, sport performance and international relations.

But Americans are always hungry?

The US only cares about Olympic sports that give out medals in bulk like Athletism or Swimming, so they can pad their medal count. The US isn't as good as sports as they believe to be since they're pretty garbage at international sports that actually mater.

A glorious day for China

Gets no government money except for paralympics

>yfw american press is using the "most total medals" ranking system and they're still not winning

back then we were good at other sports. Just lack of talent for certain sports.

>inferior countries always moving goal posts
>muh per capita
>but it's all swimming medals

If they handed out medals for obsession and whiny excuses, you would clean house.

don't forget about their ameriroids

There are also many of them. They are allowed to come with 550 athletes. wtf man.

China actually choked on a couple of events but with how JUST America have been, it hasn't mattered.

>0

What would the London medal table look like if there was only one medal allowed per athlete?

PU70

>mfw they will add skateboarding and other shit just to pad the US medal count

What the fuck is your point?

anyone elses ch7 stream kicked the bucket?

fucking meme channel

The government doesn't fund the NCAA thats on the colleges.

That JUST moment where China got cucked by Taiwan in the women's weightlifting was pretty horrific

Mexico posters are starting to be worse than Canadians

Keep it up Jose

>guinea-bissau has more medals than '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''great''''''''''''''''''''''''''' britain

the point is that your athletes get world class facilities and coaching without having to pay for it. and the ferocious competitiveness of the NCAA breeds world class athletes.

plus the chase for sports scholarships starts at an early age so they are already top athletes before they even start college

the whole system is designed by default to dominate the olympics. and it works

Kek. Dumb cunt Aussie BTFO

>government

Doesn't mean they dont get maaaad funding. I've been and worked at the Olympic Training facility in Colorado Springs and those guys are living like kings. >for free

>Chinese Taipei
Still China, after all, it's "One China" policy. China ain't even mad. Just ask any Chinese mainlander.

Ya just lost 1st place to China. Give it several days. Guess who's on the top. You Aussie would drop beyond the first page.

Eh its half olympics half our big 4 (Football, BASEDball, Hockey, Basketball) grinding programs. The sports outside of that big 4 are probably olympics. Actually for a lot of sports like rowing they recruit based off potential, like I have a friend who literally touched an erg once but was recruited to some Ivy-level college because they were really fucking tall. I bet they'll appear on the olympic team if they get dedicated.

Compared to Chinese and Russian Olympic training programs it seems recreational

What did you expect from a country that pours tar on turf? srsly