/cfb/ general - DEAD CONFERENCE WALKING thread

19 days, fellas.

days.to/until/ncaa-season

Reports indicate the Big 12 will be deciding on new schools by then, too. Not much longer now.....

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

latech.rivals.com/news/tech-adds-a-p5-2016-signee-on-report-day
games.espn.com/college-football-pickem/2016/en/group?groupID=18448
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Inb4 Michigan copy/paste

cap it

>my face when people actually think the team with the best defense and a top 10 offense in the country will miss the playoffs next season

>Brandon Peters (objectively and statistically the best QB in the 2016 recruiting class, it isn't even debatable)
>Ty Isaac (best RB in the game who will be 100% healthy, unlike the entirety of last year. he will put up 1200+YDs/10+TDs/5.0YPC)
>Jake Butt (a top 3 TE already going into this season, 1000+YDs/7+TDs)
>Sean McKeon (literally a Jake Butt-clone)
>Amara Darboh (top 10 WR, 900+YDs/5+TDs)
>Jabril Peppers (a black guy trapped in a black's body, one of the smartest players in football, elite measurables, incredible upside)
>Kareem Walker (one of the fastest and most explosive players in football)
>Joe Beneducci (best blocking FB in country)

>Best pass rush in the B1G
>Best LB corp in the B1G
>Besy secondary in the country
>Top 5 D-Line

Barring major injuries to key players, there is literally no way the Wolverines are missing the playoffs this season

The Michigan B1G championship drought ends in 2016-2017

You can't prove me wrong

Cap it

4th for Clempshit will be exposed against Auburn

>making a thread early

Way to fuck it up OP

That being said, 6th for App State beating Miami in Boone. Cap it,

Harbaugh couldn't win a Natty despite having Andrew Luck and Richard Sherman on the same team. What makes you think he can with with a bunch of literal whos?

Big 12 when?

Why they hell are they considered a serious candidate? They've had a single top 25 finish in their history, when they were 25th when they were serving as training wheels for a coach that quickly left. Their academics are Boise tier. Literally the only appeal is the market.

And WVU barely even had that much so shhhhh

>American conference
Disgusting

WVU had a bunch of BCS wins, it's not like they came from nowhere. The distance was the reason they shouldn't have been invited.

All they have is FedEx, and a power conference won't be short on sponsorships. Memphis isn't even in the top 4 right now.

>Michigan ranks No. 6 on NFL.com's list of teams with most pro talent

>Michigan is loaded with returning talent and that was reflected by Sports Illustrated's preseason All-American team.

>Linebacker Jabrill Peppers, tight end Jake Butt and cornerback Jourdan Lewis were all named to the first team. Peppers led the way as one of only three unanimous selections, joining Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson and Texas A&M defensive end Myles Garrett. All three Michigan players also appeared on multiple preseason watch lists for national awards.

>Michigan TE Jake Butt makes Mackey Award watch list (Best TE)
>Michigan's Jabrill Peppers named to Hornung Award watch list (Best all around player)
>Michigan's De'Veon Smith on Doak Walker Award watch list (Best RB)
>Michigan's Jourdan Lewis named to Jim Thorpe Award watch list (Best Defensive back)
>Jabrill Peppers, Jourdan Lewis land on Walter Camp Player of the Year Award watch list
>Michigan's Jehu Chesson in running for Biletnikoff Award (Best WR)
>Michigan's Jabrill Peppers, Jourdan Lewis and Chris Wormley on Bemarik watch list (Best defensive player)
>Michigan's Mason Cole on Rimington watch list (Best Center)
>Michigan's Jabrill Peppers, Jourdan Lewis and Chris Wormley on Nagurski watch list (Best defensive player)
>Michigan's Erik Magnuson and Mason Cole named to Outland Trophy watch list (Best Offensive Lineman)

And what pisses me off the most about the WVU add is that is set the floor so phenomenally low. Now criticism to any otherwise ridiculous proposal is met with "well the Big 12 added WVU so it wouldn't be the worst thing" no shit but maybe we should aim a little higher.

Xth for The Louisiana Tech University Bulldogs

15th for Gators rock

h-h-Hey there, double A-C-sama. Couldn't help but noticed you, uh, are about to l-lose two of your best teams, market wise. You know, The Rams happen to be in the biggest market in the United States. You, uh, think maybe if we start playing in Yankee stadium we can, uh, m-maybe work something out?

I fucking love your stadium, Rustler-chan. I think it's so cool how close that building is to the goalpost.

>I fucking love your stadium
CAt tell if being sarcastic or not. I personally don't think it's that great and a lot of changes I won't done to it. But I do love that end zone facility. They wanted it to be about 40 feet further back. Glad they didn't do that cause it Would be looked goofy

How can people drink beer? I'm trying and have tried many times beforr but it's so gross. Can't even drink more than a few sips

>select all bill boards
>Only trees and a truck
O-ok

Believe me, Rusty, I would gladly trade you.

Would think you all would have money to build a nicer stadium than that. Any reason why they don't?

First, you have to turn the inny between your legs into an outy. Then, you grow some hair on your chest. After that it just comes naturally.

>a tripfag is literally a fag

Try SoCo. It goes down easier

The B12 is kicking out Baylor and bringing in UofH, Colorado State, and Cincy.

Book it.

Way too far fetched

Lotta issues. The first one is a could-have-been, where we got folded our program in the 50s. I feel like the Polo Grounds would still be up if we just kept playing there. When we came back, it was club, then DIII, then FCS. Now the main issue is land as I see it. I mean, football has to share with soccer and baseball, for Christ's sake. But we just don't have it within us to clear out a chunk of the Fordham neighborhood just to build a 20,000 seat stadium. I feel like AD Roach could work out some agreement where the rams can at least play half of their home games in Yankee Stadium, maybe move a few of the basketball games to Barclays. That's the best I can really hope for as far as venues go. Cause we're not just gonna tear down Rose Hill gym.

>tfw we just cucked Oklahoma
Feels good man

latech.rivals.com/news/tech-adds-a-p5-2016-signee-on-report-day

N-no bully

I'll give it a try I guess

Lmaoing @ UCF, they had such great prospects in 2014 when they beat Baylor

i'm ready for memes

It's like running a 5k, you never think you can do it until you do it, the more you do the easier it gets.

Don't worry, all the Oregon State Beavers logos are coming soon, buddy.

>what are you drinking?
>tOSU
>grocery stores
>Civil War reenactments
>you're not allowed to root for a school if you didn't attend it

Soon

already preparing for how shitfaced i'll be when >we beat ohio state

>tfw your team reaches the natty and your rival goes 3-9 and loses to the Citadlel
Can't wait to see what new depths the Gaycocks sink to this year

4th in the East cap this

I'd wager 8/10. Sound about right?

>How can people drink beer?
Because if you drink enough of it, YOU GET FUCKED UP.

>kicking out Baylor
>keeping WVU
Nahh.

Or you can just drink vodka or whiskey and get the job done more efficiently and tastefully

probably a 11/10

Imo beer is easier on the stomach. Drinking excess amounts of liquor just hurts man.

This is true, except then you get a LOT fucked up.

Drink two beers, get pleasantly chill, profit.

2016 FOOL WHAT

>tfw the Houston and g5 meme will die by the hands of Gayker Gayfield

Any Pac-12 fags out there?

>Haters
>Gonna hate

Pick two.

>g5 meme will die
It's like you people forget that Boise has a great chance of going undefeated. They should have a top 10 offense and only question mark on defense is Safety.

>toughest game is a home game against BYU
they can go undefeated but there is zero chance the committee will give them any serious looks. Houston is the only g5 that could conceivably make a statement this year and if they lose to OU the meme dream dies

It's like you forgot that they don't play one noteworthy team.

Washington St is, I believe, in the top 35 in preseason polls. SDSU is one of the top G5s. A lot people wanna talk about CSU being good enough for Big12 but call them bad when it's convenient for a debate. Also Wyoming is a top tier team :^)

And if they destroy all opponents by 4 TDs they will definitely get some consideration if P5s under perform

>Wyoming is a top tier team

None of these teams makes Boise State a contender. Unless they win every game by 30 points. Even then, no.

Boise State always beats up midgets and expects shit. I always hated them and TCU. At least TCU joined a real conference. Boise needs to try and get in the Pac-12 or Big 12 if they want to be taken seriously or actually schedule some home and home series against top 20 teams.

>A conference full of scrubs shouldn't justify the top team being considered good
Why the fuck not, it worked for FSU

>Pac-12
you have to actually be a university to join
>Big 12
see above

I agree they need to actually start scheduling top teams instead of try to be kings of shit mountain each year

I'm the last few years they've played, Michigan St(lost), Washington(3 times), Georgia, Virginia, Arizona St(bowl game) Arizona (Fiestab Owl) Ole Miss(lost(games was a lot closer than score reflects tho), BYU(every year since like 2012) and play Oregon St and Washington State this year. You can't say they aren't trying when they play an average of 2 P5s in OOC games every year plus 1 in a bowl. These schedules are made years in advance when P5s that are bad now, looked like they were gonna git gud or were good.
They have Florida St, OK State, WSU again, and Virginia in the next 3 years too

>reports indicating that at most only Cincy and Houston will leave
I can fuck with that, we still can be a tight conference without those two

I can buy houston, because Texas, but i really don't feel like Cincy fits the culture of the big XII, at least WVU is a redneck as fuck.

i missed u wyo

>our own coach voted colgate ahead of us in the patriot league preseason poll.

Moorhead, what the fuck have you left us with?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
games.espn.com/college-football-pickem/2016/en/group?groupID=18448
pass: spee
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++