Why did this album age so poorly

Why did this album age so poorly

I used to love it but most of it sounds so bland now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vPRfP_TEQ-g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

HOLDIN' YOU

truthfully i never really loved any song beyond archangel

I still think Dog Shelter and Raver are really good tracks.

It was pretty unique for its time, but since then the pitch shifted vocals and wonky beats have been done by all kinds of different electronic and hip hop artists.

Burial predicted the sound of the 2010s in a lot of ways.

That's not even the best track on the album.

>but since then the pitch shifted vocals and wonky beats have been done by all kinds of different electronic and hip hop artists.
Er.... that exact sound had been done by loads of garage artists since the 90s

fuck me you are clueless

kys

>It was pretty unique for its time, but since then the pitch shifted vocals and wonky beats have been done by all kinds of different electronic and hip hop artists.
yes, but this style existed long before burial

>Burial predicted the sound of the 2010s in a lot of ways.
More like rooted himself in the sound of the 90s and 00s

Did Burial influence Arca

this album was made by aliens

Burial literally invented his own style and essentially created the "dubstep" and "garage" genres. He's been so influential on music in the past decade it can be hard to see just how revolutionary this album was.

Dubstep existed before Burial you clown

uh such as ???

This is bait.

even if this was bad b8

this is the best album of all time you pard runts

>burial invented garage and dubstep
i've seen it all now. this takes the fucking cake

i'm never going outside of /bleep/ again

yeah but what about garage?

I just listened to a bunch of his stuff for the first time about a month ago and didn't like any of it except ego/mirror. with the albums especially I was bored to tears.

How is this album even dubstep

It has no bass, no wobbles, and it sounds more like garage with wonky beats

For dubstep I think of something more like Mala or Skream

The only burial I like are those tracks he did with four tet, otherwise completely overrated. Also the vocal samples in his tracks suck

THANK YOU

no-one ever brings this up. people just accept what they're told at face value

Hyperdub marketed it as "dubstep" because it was the hip and happening thing back then

This album is future garage with a bit of ambient thrown in

this

>Also the vocal samples in his tracks suck

Fuck off idiot

Although fuck you for thinking this has "no bass" you don't know what bass is

>pards trying to understand burial

It's more rooted in the early dubstep sound of horspower, early skream and benga, early Tempa than the half-time dubstep sound that had come about at that point.

it's the gift that keeps on giving

so fucking funny

As someone who initially found the record bland, but now love it, I think it has aged well. While the garage-style tricks it did were nothing new as already mention, I think it's still a unique release in its own right thanks in particular to the dubstep inspired percussion parts. Nowadays people call his sound "future garage" because so many others have tried to copy it, but it was initially clearly labeled as dubstep for a reason. It's dubstep with a heavy garage influence. Earlier garage stuff doesn't sound like him at all because they don't have the kind of rhythms he had on Untrue. Stuff that imitated Burial didn't even really imitate him or garage, just the sampled vocals; maybe it would sometimes try to do the sparse mixing but certainly not achieve that analog feel that Untrue did (which Untrue was able to do thanks to small samples like the gun reload sound from Metal Gear Solid, the idea being that unlike a more monotone analog low quality production "hiss" it's got a bit more variety in tone and pitch but it's not in your face about that since the feel was still suppose to be sparse.) It's still unique, has aged well, but will forever have its haters because a lot of what's happening on it is very subtle like early Klaus Schulze level subtle.

>analog

Did he ever actually make anything in analog? I thought the earlier stuff was all made in soundforge

>dubstep inspired percussion parts
burial's rhythms are literally 2-step, a garage style.

god i hate americans

Almost as funny as when you limey British cunts try to understand jazz or hip hop or Detroit techno or outlaw country or The Velvet Underground or Sonic Youth.

We are the world. You little piss ants are nothing. Literally NOTHING.

Go fuck yourselves

please tell me what is culturally specific about tvu or sonic youth

>americans trying to understand garage

Burial took music originally destined for the dance floor, and then shaped it into something that can be enjoyed at home. I'd say that's quite an accomplishment.

>Earlier garage stuff doesn't sound like him at all because they don't have the kind of rhythms he had on Untrue.
hmmmmm

l m a o

warp did this years before with the artificial intelligence series

Why don't you go cry and have a wank to Radiohead and Mumford and Sons some more you little snaggle toothed plebeian faggot

Ukaaaaay gararghge

loool americans get so vexed when you call out their ignorance

Nope. Like I said he used mixing tricks and stuff like that MGS bullet reload sound to give an analog feeling.

But they don't though. Like earlier 2002-2004 dubstep rhythms it obviously got a heavy 2-step/garage influence on it, but it's certainly not 2-step garage.

Can't we just agree that this is an incredible album but simply nowhere near as incredible as his collab with Massive Attack

>being so retarded that you can't understand simple electronic dance music

>electronic dance music

Ehhhhhhh

pards think anything made for the dancefloor is """EDM"""

>lol haha I live in a worthless pathetic country and my favorite bands are Coldplay and Muse haha

>loool the mayor of our capital city is a mudslime, we're progressive and tolerant, not like those dumb americans haha

Get fucked Nigel.

Etched Headplate is the greatest

>bands
geetah music has been irrelevant since 1991 when it was surpassed by dance music dumb pard

I ENVY YOU

I ENVY YOU

I CANT TAKE MY EYES OFF YOU

I CANT TAKE MY EYES OFF YOU

tbqh warp is a bunch of guys, burial is just 1 guy

I SAID ONCE UPON A TIME IT WAS YOU I ADORED

Well then somebody should tell your faggoty country that you dumb Bring Me The Horizon listening queer

what the fuck mate
it's like the only things you know about england are their most famous modern artists and that they are part of europe

to the way
I feel inside
And it's all
Because you lied
And it's all
Because you lied
And it's all
Because you lied

>muh Harry Potter
>muh Mumford and Sons
>muh Inbetweeners
>muh John Oliver
>muh Top Gear

Wow what an amazing culture

k i l l y o u r s e l f

holy fucking shit mate

>superior American calls us out on our gay shit

>haha I know. I'll just say "holy shit m8" at him. That will show him. Dumb septic.

I guess it's hard to come up with a counter argument when you have Ahmed's cock in your mouth.

lmao case in point

>Please tell me what is culturally specific about two bands whose sound are rooted in American counterculture and the NYC avante garde art scene

Hmmmmmm that's a tough one, Nigel.

His name's Sadiq

>we could be fray-a-ends
>away from my heart

word, it's hardly dance music

and you think this context is just as vital and important to understanding their music as knowledge of UK club culture is to understanding burial?

neck yourself

even if this were true (it isn't), i could educate myself on "american counterculture" and nyc art by reading about three books. americans who didn't grow up around garage, dubstep and grime, and general uk dance music will *never* fully appreciate burial

You don't know anything about American culture. Deal with it.

And you're a moron if you think Americans can't appreciate dubstep because we didn't grow up in bongland. I have literally heard UK garage and dubstep being played at American frat parties in college, so shut your stupid mouth.

t. youtube.com/watch?v=vPRfP_TEQ-g

American ((((((((((((((((((((((culture))))))))))))))))))))))

>have literally heard UK garage and dubstep being played at American frat parties in college, so shut your stupid mouth.
Lol. Which artists exactly?

>le trump memee

WOW SO ORIGINAL AND CREATIVE THERE'S THAT CLASSIC BRITISH HUMOR

yeah this. burial, on one side, and then martin garrix on the other are definitely the two artists that shaped the 10's

fucking /bleep/ people are so unable to function outside of their little banter bubble that they don't even recognize simple bait

ffs

>all of American culture is what some kikes in Hollywood say it is

Shows how ignorant you are. You don't know true American culture.

i don't know why this made me laugh

happy new years

and i've heard american punk, post-punk, new wave, no wave and noise rock being played in pubs in the UK. what's your point?

burial's music was intended to elicit the vibe of nighttime london, london in general and post-club comedowns. it speaks *of* and *to* uk club music. you're either naive or straight-up ignorant if you think something like ""american counterculture"" - that was undoubtedly wider than it was deep - is as hyper-specific, closely knit and deep-rooted as uk dance music. to try and write about it in literal terms is demeaning at best and impossible at worst. even simon reynolds struggled to write about the hardcore continuum.

Skream, Caspa, Benga, Rusko, The Bug, Basement Jaxx, Dizzee Rascal, Skepta, Chemical Brothers

REEEEEE FUCK YOU EU KEKS, AMERIGO INVENTED MUSIC REEEEEEE

calm down you runt we LITERALLY created you

And we surpassed you in literally every way.

But seriously, whats so great about this !album!. The sound of burial is pretty unique yet this !album! is pretty boring. Everything sounds pretty much the same. Once again, its not that I dont like burial - I admire him desu, but "untrue" as a whole is pretty much boring. If the tracks were released out as EP's or singles it would be better imo

>this whole thread

hahahahahahaha pards have literally been indoctrinated this badly

You know nothing about American culture.

You didn't grow up here. You've never gone to the Rocky Mountains or hiked the Appalachian Trail. You've never gone jet skiing on the lake. You've never looked up at the stars on a summer night in midwestern plains. You've never been to your high school football game. You've never skipped your Wednesday night church youth group to go sneak onto the roof with your friends. You've never walked under the street lights of a comfy American suburban neighborhood at night.

>Skream, Caspa, Benga, Rusko
A lot of their stuff is essentially brostep
> Basement Jaxx, Dizzee Rascal, Skepta, Chemical Brothers
Wow dude. You TOTALLY know your garage!

Is this a thread about patriotism/nationalism or burial?

if you want to share your "mah soon to be great america" thoughts

>You've never skipped your Wednesday night church youth group to go sneak onto the roof with your friends
LOL is this not satire? the americans sitting on roofs meme is true?

lol who cares

>Who is Aphex Twin

Burial is boring and the only argument in favor is "cuz london m8"

lmao

and you're telling me this is vital to appreciating TVU or sonic youth

ok mate.

you just don't UNDERSTAND

And you're telling me that being at a club in London is vital to understanding Burial.

You're a fucking retard.

>Britfags derail the thread into shitting on Americans

>American BTFOs them

>"lol haha is this thread about Burial or is it about nationalism haha Sup Forumstard"

God damn you chavs are fucking stupid

yes, because it directly informs his music in both the audio and the underlying content.

or is the feeling of stepping on a gopher in the prairie of crucial importance to making TVU "click" for me? do correct me if i'm wrong

I liked this line until I thought about it and realised it's about getting friendzoned

its actually true as fuck lel

When I was in high school my friends and I would climb onto the rood of one of my friends houses drink malt liquor and smoke cigarettes and weed.

We would take pisses off the roof onto the sidewalk below and scream at people in their cars as they drove past

Good times my man

Oh, so since I've never been to bongland, I don't actually enjoy Burial's music right? I only THINK I enjoy it.