So how did people like this?

So how did people like this?

Will you be watching the rest of it or was the pilot enough?

Underwhelmed, but I'm willing to see it all the way through.

Will continue watching at least until the end of this season since I've been waiting for it as long as I have. And I also liked the first episode, so there's no reason to quit watching it. Even if I didn't like it I would give it a few episodes to get its footing. You are the lowest form of plebeian if you judge any show by a single episode.

>Graham McTavish as Saint
fock yes

Don't know the source material. Pilot was a total failure, badly acted and directed, no consistency of tone, bunch of unrelated scenes put together, melodramatic ending preacher talk with generic melodramatic music like in 99% of tv plebian output.

dropped.

>Don't know the source material.

Then why should anyone care about your opinion?

>don't know the source material
>unironically believes people actually give a fuck what he has to say about the adaptation
Holy shit how fucking plebeian can you get?

so that everyone who isn't a 12yo comics book reading retard knows to avoid this shit show?

it's shit bro, stop samefagging and shilling your crap.

This. I'm not gonna be waiting to download it after every episode but I'm intrigued enough that I'll watch it whenever I remember it's a thing. Could turn out great, could go to shit, it's too early to tell.

>12yo
>reading Preacher

K.jpg

I havent read it, but enjoyed the pilot and will watch the rest of it.

Have they said how close they are sticking to the source? Or is it basically broad strokes?

Also for anyone who has read it, hows the casting?

The only well-cast character is Cassidy.

>he thinks adults read "mature" comics books
not in the real word buddy, sorry.

It's times like this I wish I had an account so I could show you I only have one (you) in this thread.

Rudy is a fucking vampire.

Flower dress girl is an assassin.

There is no way i am not watching this.

>12 years old is too young for comics

Is it true they dropped the religious gimmick from the show and are going with sci-fi instead? Because, lmao.

What?

The main characters a priest

Shit show
Shit comics

I mean "higher power". I'm just going with what I heard, I didn't watch it yet.

are you retarded? you better be

if you are familiar with the comics, Genesis is shown coming from Outer Space instead of the more ambiguous location of "Heaven"

overall the show is decent quality but so far doesnt really resemble the comics in terms of plot or feel. Already in the pilot the plot points and details are drastically different. Also there was a weird quirky vibe that is different than the dark humor of the book. I'll probably wait and see

I liked the first ep
Changed a lot of stuff, but I don't mind most sutff, even Tulip is kinda cool and can turn out great
I wish arseface was more gritty like in the original, this one is too "clean"

Also, two things that will make or break this series
1 - not having the religious theme, if we get martians I'm dropping it
2 - losing the roadtrip feeling the comics had, probably expensive to do, but it was cool the 3 just find bizarre stuff around the USA

I'm with you on the 2 points

I'm kind of worried after the pilot that the majority of the show will center around this town with less traveling, and the weird shit will instead find them

I watched an interview with Seth, Evan and Sam, and it seems so far for season one it will be mostly in the town.

not sold but did not hate it.
I'll give it another 2-3 more eps.

if this leads to the other seasions being trips I don't care too much, if its well done of course

if the town becomes a magnet for bizarre it will be retarded, also whats cassisy's motivation for staying there?