Whats wrong with my toe? How do I fix it?

Whats wrong with my toe? How do I fix it?

It's ingrown and infected. Go to your doctor and get some antibiotics to nuke the infection or you might have to get the nail removed :/
Don't pick at it either, believe me it makes it worse.
Don't wear tight shoes wait her tags crush your toe either, that could be the exact reason it is like that

Might be an ingrown toenail so just go to the doctors and they'll do the rest

Cut it off. It's the only way.

this

until you see someone you should wash it regularly in warm salty water, or better yet - hydrogen peroxide. better if with iodine.

dont listen to this, OP

i get those all the time from ingrown nails or biting the ends of my toenail

just pop the puss out and put a bandaid on it after cleaning it up a bit.

wait a week and itll be gone - dont have to go to the doctor

Just stab the sides with a pin?

Get a fork, make it hot when the fork is orange. Than place it on the sides of your toes to burn it away.

thats what i did

i took a sewing needle and did it

it will hurt, it will spill out as well
have a napkin ready

afterwards just clean with a dab of rubbing alcohol and dry well

band-aid that motherfucker

You might try a hot foot soak with a some iodine in the water. Could help bring out the infection.

Op has the mark!

>YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE

Forget antibiotics, at that level of infection it's useless. Nails, or slice of it, will have to be removed.

And OP, believe me, it hurts like hell.

Have you had it done?

ANTIBIOTIC NOW

Yeah, I had the sides of my toenail removed so it won't grow back. It wasn't fucking nice

Yes. Side slice on two toenails. It's a minor operation, local anesthesia. But as you can't sutur (nails being nails), you cry like a bitch when your foot wakes up.

The guy before me had it all removed, because he had hairs growing under all his nails

Go to a dr to get antibiotics to clear up the infection. Then go see a podiatrist, they'll get them removed properly. Dr's don't know shit about removing ingrown toenails and where the nerves are. Had one on each big toe removed last year after two failed attempts by two different Dr's.

Get the infection sorted and let the nails grow out, it will look like some sort of shit bird claw for a while but worked for me.
Had ingrown nails for years. Farkin gross and painful after playing football.

Fuck I remember trying to walk after the anesthesia wore off, fucking painful

How long does it take to heal?

by some absolute ethanol and soak the toe in it
it hurts but i can assure you the infection is gone

amputate

doctor's will charge you like $2,000 to do it. Just do it yourself.

had this happen to one of my toes a few years back. only on one side though.
wasn't ingrown, just infected.
go see a doc, gonna get that shit disinfected and the flesh showing removed.
nothing serious, won't hurt or anything.

But that's wrong.

If you tell him just to lance the puss, at the end of the day he'll still have the pieces of toenail in his toes which caused all of this.

OP, if you can stomach it. Gently poke around the sides and try and remove the toenail that is growing into the flesh on either sides. I use a bit of lidocaine ointment on my toe when this happens, but not everyone has that.

But seriously, don't just pop the 'puss' out. That will just hurt for no reason.

Depends on the method.

On the "cut a slither, down to the root" method, walking comfortably after a week, running after maybe 2?

On the "cut a shallow chunk" method, walking comfortably after a few days.

this

they can also use some sort of acid pen to get rid of the flesh.
won't hurt and won't hurt when they cut the dead piece of later either.

Do they just cut the flesh off?

Also, the ongoing pain isn't significantly worse than the infection pain. The most painful part is the anesthetising, because toes are an extremely painful place to get an injection.

Is that just the flesh beside the nail? Or the nail bed? If nail bed, I think that's the second method I was talking about, it's been years since I had it done.

Isn't that led nitrate ? I though they stopped long ago...

They do both. cut the nails and the flesh

meant lead

This.

And since most people don't have a furnace or something, to heat the fork up you'll have to put it in a microwave for about 5 minutes.

You've got an ingrown toenail, I had one of those before

Go to the doctor and they'll cut the offending pieces off, then leave it alone and it'll grow back normally

That isn't going to stop the offending nail you baiting motherfucker, try harder

There is some good and bad info in this thread.

1. lance the swelling with a sterilised needle (get a sewing needle, run it over a stove or cigarette lighter for a couple of minutes)
2. push around and unstuck the piece of toe nail sticking into your foot. maybe even use the needle (the other end)
3. if the infection doesn't start to resolve in 48 hours, seek medical attention. if the swelling, redness gets worse, seek medical attention. if you spike a fever, seek immediate medical attention.
4. if you don't know what you're doing, seek medical attention.

Just cut off the toe , problem solved

that's AIDS. 100% sure

>2. push around and unstuck the piece of toe nail sticking into your foot. maybe even use the needle (the other end)
Very important.

If you stick a bandaid between the nail and the skin, then it helps keep the nail out of there. But make sure you don't block off the cut, you want to let it dry and drain as much as possible.

Use iodine as well.

looks to me that it's the flesh from the side.
i'd still recommend seeing a doc about it.

idk they might have stopped using those. been a few years like i said.

Just go to the damn doctor.

In the future, cut your big toe's nail flat instead of curved to match the shape of your foot.

If I ever start to get the feeling an ingrown toenail is forming, I'll cut it flat and the pain is instantly gone.

it's also not pus filled it's the actual flesh.

this also.

Good advice. Cutting the toenail flat, or even slightly inverted, is important because if the corner of the nail is longer than the top bit of skin either side, then it can't grow in.

2 options:

Go to the doctor so he can cut your nail all the way to the bone with anesthesia.

Go to a pedicure. It'll hurt as hell because she uses no anesthesia but will be quick.

It's an ingrown, i've had so many of those. Get it fixed before your toe starts hurting like fuck.

I used to have this.

Just put your foot into soap water for 15-25mins twice a day for a week and you'll be fine

way too infected for that to work.
might do that after actually seeking medical help.

I had it just as bad as OP's pic on one side of the nail.

well i did too and soap alone won't get rid of that.
it's not gonna magically shrink and disappear.

I had the same this happening to me the best thing what you can do is to do surgery on it. than the red meat will get removed and your nail will be removed but it will grow back after a year or 2. Really worked for me, try it yourself.

It did to me and I can't explain it.

At least try it, OP

Clubbed retard toes, really not a fix for that dude. You also have an infection.

Jus dash some bleach on it