ITT: Black Female Musicians way more talented than pic related

ITT: Black Female Musicians way more talented than pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IN3yMjnyXyU
youtube.com/watch?v=9HUV5a7MgS4
youtube.com/watch?v=VlUa1H1_Kwk
youtube.com/watch?v=RZ1Zvcbcv10
m.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ9nmbN5rd4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why do you have to have to hate on solange?

Because she's a fucking nigger

my problem with this album is that its justa message with music, its not music with a message. there was obviously an agenda and it comes across very hamfisted with how strsight forward the lyrics are and how boring the music is

why do we have to allow women to make music?

>WAAAHH HOW DARE SHE MAKES MUSIC ABOUT HER ETHNICITY

it's not even that hard desu

hey, our favorite containment board is leaking!
also here's your (You)s

no, its not even that. i'm fine with empowering black/female messages, its that the message is very much piggybacking on the BLM movement and the album is really fucking shallow and boring

bless

>man check out this dude, he said nigger on in an anonymous music board
>:OOOO
>Wow ur SO cool bro, what a badass, e.d.g.y!
is that how you think people react here? lmao, get over yourself shrimp dick.

What if she has been frustrated about race relations her whole life but now that there is a movement like BLM she feels confident enough to make an album about it? You can't just write off an album because you think its bandwagoning or whatever

this essentially, instead of simply just behaving like a women that is a strong independant black women that, she has to act like a sissy bitch all the, waaaaaaaa someone through a lemon at me for being a cunt. waaaaaa

youtube.com/watch?v=IN3yMjnyXyU

see thats the thing. it FEELS like its bandwagoning. its following the hip trend of R&B and being socially conscious about black struggles, both of which i'm fine with. but it does neither in a way thats interesting

>a black woman supports a movement that supports blacks

who woulda thunk it

as far as the album goes i can see why one wouldn't like it, personally one of my favorites of the year

>its that the message is very much piggybacking on the BLM movement and the album is really fucking shallow and boring

You act as if police shooting black dudes is the only thing that blacks are stuck with. Black get criticized by their culture, history, their bodies, and background. Solange covers that all in that album. She had family that experienced hate crimes and she still feel racial discrimination around her even if she's upper class. That's the literally it.

what is even the point of being so petty baka

She was really good in Moonlight

drop your trip or stop posting, your opinions are boring

tell us a single successful and respectable black women

you eep misinterpretting me. i support her right to voice her outrage, i support BLM and i support the overall message of the album. its just how its put across is not interestin, new, or engaging in anyway

More (you)'s please guys I hate fucking niggers, she's only popular because of her race. If she made actual quality music I wouldn't give a fuck about what race she was

>WAAAHH HOW DARE SHE MAKES MUSIC ABOUT HER ETHNICITY WITH NO OTHER REDEEMING QUALITIES TO MAKE IT SO CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED!

FTFY

t. B*ttblasted white boi

>see thats the thing. it FEELS like its bandwagoning.

to you

> its following the hip trend of R&B and being socially conscious about black struggles

R&B comes from Blues
Blues was created by blacks talking about how oppressed they were
It's not a trend, that's the style of the genre

There are oh so many
youtube.com/watch?v=9HUV5a7MgS4

>she's only popular because of her race.

Or maybe because her father help her way to success just like he did with Beyonce.

>I don't like it, so Ill say it doesn't have qualities

>her father help
LMAO
You mean her dead beat dad, that got pretty much disowned for cheating? Dudes a bum now

What do you think solange knows about being discriminated against by the police, she's been rich for a decade and her sister bleaches (her sisters) skin, lmao what a group of role models that can totally relate. and besides solange and Beyonce don't even contribute lyrically too much if any of their work so all those enlightening lyrics you're speaking of were written by big corporate label interests who, *surprise surprise* don't care about what happens to black people as long as they keep buying their records.

/thread

Pic unrelated?
Xenia Rubinos is Hispanic

For real
lmao, my bad
ok here pic related

who cares if he's a bum now? both solange and her sisters had their career literally paid, they wouldn't be shit without the promotion and over-production that a whole fucking load of money can get

see pic related

>You mean her dead beat dad

He was always there for his daughters, you idiot. He was their managers for years. They still talk and see each other even after the Divorce.

Samefag

>What do you think solange knows about being discriminated against by the police

What does that have to do with the fact that her own people are facing discrimination? Does every black person in the US have to be beat up by a cop to realize there's a bias going on with police?

>she's been rich for a decade
Irrelevant

>and her sister bleaches (her sisters) skin
Rumor

>solange and Beyonce don't even contribute lyrically too much if any of their work so all those enlightening lyrics you're speaking of were written by big corporate label interests who, *surprise surprise* don't care about what happens to black people as long as they keep buying their records.

They hire other songwriters and poets that ALSO reflect on their music.

>They hire other songwriters and poets
so they're not artists at all

>music isn't a collaborative artform

I was just about to do the same thing

>What does that have to do with the fact that her own people are facing discrimination?
sure but whatever attempts they try to relate to what black people are going through just comes across as corny at best and fake at worst.

>she's been rich for a decade
Rich black people don't go through shit as a nigger in brooklyn, doubt obama is getting stopped and frisked by anyone recently. So yes it does

>rumor
lmao, yea she just got lighter from eating milk

>They hire other songwriters and poets that ALSO reflect on their music.
good job admitting they lack the artists integrity to hold the claim of " le speaking for the black people" you were arguing for just before.

>argues for that her lyrics somehow represent the struggle that black people go through
>those same lyrics weren't even written by her

cool
logical.
cool

>sure but whatever attempts they try to relate to what black people are going through just comes across as corny at best and fake at worst.

People go through different things in their lives. Doesn't mean they can't sense their pain. Especially if are part of the same group.

>Rich black people don't go through shit as a nigger in brooklyn
Classicism isn't the new racism. Why does a black person has to be wealthy just to not go through discrimination and violence because of their race? Most whites don't go through that

>yea she just got lighter from eating milk
She's 1/4 white

>good job admitting they lack the artists integrity to hold the claim of " le speaking for the black people" you were arguing for just before.

See

>Rich black people don't go through shit as a nigger in brooklyn
lmao, most rich white people hate poor white people.

>People go through different things in their lives. Doesn't mean they can't sense their pain. Especially if are part of the same group.
>sense their pain
stop this voodoo bullshit please

>yea she just got lighter from eating milk
pic related

>collaboration platform
what is beyonce's and solange contribution to this exactly?
being able to sing half-decently and be black?
ight ight, i see.

I think she was 20 or something like that here

>Not one mention of Mavis Staples
Lets fix that shall we.

>trying this hard to ignore make up, lighting, and photoshop in the first pic

>trying

>being blind
>being stupid
>being ugly as fuck

Stop doing these things user. Your life will be marginally better.

Alice Coltrane
Elle Fitzgerald
Nina Simone
Lauryn Hill
Jill Scott
Janelle Monae
FKA Twigs
The singer/guitartist of Trash Kit

correct

>Classism
You mean class struggle you bourgeois faggot? Beyonce is just another rich lib, she doesn't care about equality.

this album was written by 40+ people
it's not genuine solange just wants $$$
fuck this album

>he doesn't know what constitutes a writer credit nowadays

probably samples but i dont doubt she had teams of writers on these tracks lyrics
fuck solange

Those quotes gave me aids, please stay on leddit

>i support BLM

so black lives don't matter to you?
okay buddy, go crawl back into the hole you came from

>ctrl+f
>No Noname
>mfw

youtube.com/watch?v=VlUa1H1_Kwk

>mfw most of you plebs don't know about Elza

This
I came to this thread to post her
youtube.com/watch?v=RZ1Zvcbcv10

> hur hur hur reddit sucks
low energy.

Wow that logic is just phenomenal

a melhor

You should be thanking her for overshadowing Lemonade.

t.butthurt redditor

c'mon peoples

> I don't have a comeback so let's say he goes on ze reddits
sad!

m.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ9nmbN5rd4

A gem I found

Honestly how can white women even compete

>There are people itt that seriously think that Beyonce is not the best black female musician ever

god damn she is UUggllyyy . that defiant look that say yes i look like a dog but you will fucking look at me, i force you to. i have my place at teh big table because i force you to recognize me . me, i'm like no. i rather look elsewhere u ugly

lmao. i could already hear what kinda music it would be, and i had never heard of her.

>implying it's not better than solange
even if it's just indie pop garbage, it's sincere pop garbage.

ditto

such a QUEEN

You have no idea who BLM is as an organization. I fully support their premise. Black lives do matter. Having BLM being the poster group for that message is fucking embarassing, they give a bad name to people who actually support the cause without being fascist over-aggressive jew-billionaire-funded cunts.

this
/thread

look we all know pitchfork wanted pc points and virtue signaling and that's ok but come on the album isn't THAT bad. 6/10 record honestly

>white

>is a colour