Why do people hate kanji?

Why do people hate kanji?

IT'S STUPID

I appreciate that it adds flavor when writing in Japanese, but the system itself is stupid, and only exists because the japanese language is phoenetically deficient.

>uses three (3) writing systems
>kanji has a few thousand to memorize
>kanji each have several pronounciation for the same symbol

how the fuck could a writing system be more fucked

How is the system stupid? It allows for the most basic readers to understand what would complex words in other languages.

Hiragana and Katakana are like capital and lowercase, or cursive and print.

>kanji has a few thousand to memorize
So?
>kanji each have several pronounciation for the same symbol
Shouldn't this be a pro? That means less kanji to memorize.

Can't you literally write everything in just Hiragana and Katakana? Why does Kanji exist, short forms?

> Why does Kanji exist
homophones

I don't know a thing about Japanese, but isn't katakana an elementary system used by children? Is it used by the general population? Does it come down to preference between hiragana and kanji?

Japanese is written with 3 scrips and virtually everyone is familiar with them.

1.) Kanji - eg. 感
2.) Hiragana - for grammar and some words that have no kanji
3.) Katakana - for foreign words and sound effects in comics

Any given sentence will have Hiragana, most will have Kanji, some will have all three.

Wow, that's pretty neat, wouldn't have ever thought that you can mix them like that. Thanks, user.

Make 10000 word with 30 alphabet < just make 10000 alphabet with 10000 word ayylmao

They're the big monsters from Pacific Rim, right?

Probably because they smashed buildings and killed people.

>It allows for the most basic readers to understand what would complex words in other languages.
Do explain. If you mean instances where a word is composed of kanji that on their own mean something (like if mental asylum was composed of the kanji for crazy and prison or whatever) then that's a lame excuse. That works in other languages as well that do the same thing. If you know what mental and asylum mean, you know what mental asylum means. If you don't, you look it up.
>So?
Adds complexity. I hear enough complaints about people not understanding accented letters or special characters in other languages (even when they're mostly latin-based anyway) but now you have a whole language of them. The fact that certain kanji can combine in a way that makes sense for what they mean (3 木's makes a 森) doesn't mean much when the overwhelming majority of kanji are either unique or don't conform to this idea even when they should.

>Shouldn't this be a pro? That means less kanji to memorize.
Different pronunciations has NOTHING to do with the amount of kanji present.
The fact that 人 is pronounced jin at the end of a word but hito on its own does not cut down on kanji. You now have one written symbol that's pronounced 2 entirely different ways and there is no intuitive way to learn it for the hundreds of different kanji that are read differently. You simply need to find out which way is the proper way to say it and memorize it, which is no different from instances like the word "record" in English, which has 2 pronunciations and 3 meanings.

But hey, I'm not a native Japanese speaker and I suppose if it works for hundreds of millions of people, who am I to criticize it.
But having a language so radically different from every language based around the latin alphabet won't do them any favors for their English literacy rate.

This article explains it decently alljapaneseallthetime.com/blog/you-dont-have-a-foreign-language-problem-you-have-an-adult-literacy-problem/

e.g.

>A learner of Japanese, knowing 豚/”pig” and 肉/”meat”, now knows the correct word for 豚肉/”pork”, as well as half of 牛肉/”beef” and indeed any other animal meet (hmmm? Not so phonetic, are we?), as well as “肉体”/”physical/of the flesh” as in “肉体関係”/”sexual relationship”/”relationship of the flesh”. A learner of English has to learn these things separately. And that’s only the beginning.
>“Pithecanthrope”, a word incomprehensible to the group of Yale professors that Suzuki was meeting at a conference of some kind, would be accessible to an elementary schooler in Japan, thanks to the power of kanji.

Dat guy is butthurt as fuck.

ケダモノ (katakana)(家族kanji)たちの (hiragana)住む家で~大嫌いな最低家族と彼女との寝取られ同居生活~

This is an example
Don't search what it is though

japanese writing is completely fucked but it adds character and they should definitely not change it anytime soon

the quoted text is stupid
this is just a perk of English having so many opaque words and has nothing to do with the writing system
eg. Icelandic. pig = svín, meat = kjöt, pork = svína-kjöt, beef = nauta-kjöt (hyphens added for clarity)

The system isn't stupid. They're able to memorize and utilize it well, so there's no reason to change it. You're stupid for not being able to memorize it all, haha filthy whitey

>Don't search what it is though

wew lad
is 寝取られ considered a thinking man's fetishism there?

文語文と口語文を別に覚えなくても済むようになった分、日本語の学習は楽になった。

Whoever wrote this clearly only speaks English and Japanese

The last time i checked Kanji is Chinese characters, so it's not like something too crazy.

every language on earth should switch to Latin or Cyrillic. all other alphabets are literally dogshit

because they simply cant into it

I'd say such bloat is still in the realm of madness.
It needs to be locked up.

You forgot Greek.

The guy who wrote it is a native Kenyan who was born into some royalty, learned Japanese to fluency then made a blog pretending he was learning from scratch. Con artist, you'd think he was Nigerian.

proof?

I don't hate it, but it's not easy to learn.

reading tons of hiragana/katakana is a hideous sight that rapes your eyes

they basically need to scrap everything and start over