So with the fantasy genre dead and buried...

So with the fantasy genre dead and buried, can we all just take a moment to appreciate just how fucking great this trilogy is? It's absolutely brilliant from start to finish.

Classic

Why don't they just reboot the hobbit?

>Reminding me that the Hobbit movies exist

Don't you ever do that again.

>tfw no one will ever make a good Silmarillion movie series

Reminder that Feanor did nothing wrong

I mean the fantasy genre never really took off to begin with

In terms of good ones there's Conan, Excalibur, Dragonslayer, Princess Bride,, Lord of the Rings, and that's about it

Why would protagonist king kill an unarmed messenger? Coward.

Then you realize nobody could ever make The Silmarillion into a good book.

I will unironically tip my hat to Peter Jackson for making this as good as it was.

...Ladyhawke, Clash of the Titans, Highlander, Labyrinth, The Neverending Story, The Last Unicorn, Legend...?

I didn't like how they portrayed the elves

why do they all have the same fucking hairstyle? they're too feminine

He was acting like an asshole and was deliberately antagonising him.

The inevitable GoT movie will be better than all this garbage

It's surprising since this could have easily been just a run of the mill book adaptation, but Jackson managed to make it genuinely special.

All shitty and goofy as fuck

Can't really forgive jackson for the capeshit he pulled with the ghosts at minas tirith...especially considering the ride of the rohirrim was truly a GOAT scene. Why dissolve all of the tension of battle with invulnerable ghosts? Would an extra army/batallion of men coming from the boats really have been that much harder to include?

I rewatched the fellowship and two towers recently and i actually couldn't stop welling up with tears (lol) at certain moments, i forgot how GOAT these movies are

Jackson didn't actually want the ghosts to feature at all in the film, even he thought it would look stupid and out of place. Not sure why he included it anyway, probably just sticking to the source material.

I can't think of any film trilogies that were just as good, if not better. Can you anons list any?

>tfw no Malick directed Silmarillion

Agree it was good! Now all movies are marvel based. (-_-)zzz

Based OP.
This trilogy really is too good for this world. Must rewatch them again.

Mordor fucking shits deserve nothing but death.

Theatrical or Extended for a first time watcher, what would leave the best impression?

I want to share it with my dad who's never seen them. He introduced me to Star Wars a long time ago so it's time I return the favor.

Theatrical for first time.

Extended for all subsequent viewings.

Extended are too long to give a good impression on someone watching it for the first time.

Theatrical. Extended is too long, only recommended for people that are already fans

talk shit get hit

Literally nigger logic.

Except iitsnot at all. The first one is good, the second one has moments, and the third, by large, is appalling. Abhorrent use of cgi, and overly hammy at parts.

That cgi ghost army....