Critics bashing the film because it's not like Game of Thrones or LOTR, instead like Excalibur...

>critics bashing the film because it's not like Game of Thrones or LOTR, instead like Excalibur. General audience loves it
Are critics becoming retarded?
youtu.be/zgMSn9jOdCo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YtymmqbEmKw
youtube.com/watch?v=gYKeQczkFfM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>the g-general audience will s-save it!

transformers

The general audience usually has shit taste.

So do critics.

Erm what was shit about Excalibur? It was better than LOTR imo.

Transformers series was widely successful

critics are generally more intelligent than your average shiteating wowfag who will watch this

so I'll trust the critics

Yes user, all critics are wrong because some random fanboys on youtube say it's good.

Critics literally compare this to 80's fantasy films while shitting on it, even though 80's films were the best fantasy films ever made? I don't understand this logic.

theyve been retarded since the release of BvS

Critics are the general audience.

> General audience loves it
The "general audience" don't know what the fuck they're doing. The "general audience" loves capeshit.

Hold up there cowboy Excalibur was goona but I wouldn't even put it in the same breath unless it was to say that the two don't belong in the same breath and explaining how they shouldn't be mentioned together at all for the same reason

Then we're all doomed.

Doesn't mean its good.

80s fantasy films were NOT the best ever made, you were simply a clueless child when you saw them and that impression sticks because we're all nostalgia whores, when you get right down to it.

BRUH LOOK AT THIS DUDE

youtube.com/watch?v=YtymmqbEmKw

>most critics like movie I'm excited for
>say nothing
>some critics dislike movie I'm excited for
>"WTF I hate critics now"

You're seriously ill if you thought his video game movie would get flawless reviews.

Movie critics went to shit in 2013

You're saying critics are retarded for disagreeing with the general audience?

How could the general audience like such a racist piece of trash?

This film is an OBVIOUS allegory about immigration in Europe.

Gotta keep those nasty Muslims out of white-country eh?

Would not even consider watching this flop even if every review was calling it the next citizen kane.

I always hated people writing opinions for cash.

Stay buttmad fanboy

You should understand by now that "professional" reviewers are either shilling or aiming for shock value to increase readership and profits.

It's no different than game reviews or reviews under amazon products. You don't trust them. Ever.

Let's be honest, it's total shit. They should never have allowed Metzen in the writing.

Someday, I'm going to get a job in journalism and show these """""reviewers""""" how it's done. Someday...

This movie is getting put down like it deserves.
Stay mad as fuck, shill.

More like audiences are fucking useless

>General audience loves it

So far this film has been called a racist video game movie in reviews and it resembles 80's fantasy films. One of the reviewers actually bashes Warcraft and is excited for the new Ghostbusters while praising Dragonball and being a flamboyant homosexual. Are you fucking kidding me? Why people still listen to reviewers is beyond me.

That's one guy. Other critics have been shitting on this movie too, but you shills are focusing all on that one person.

Yeah one of the reviewer is shit so what? When you have like 20 reviews blasting the movie to bits it's telling something.

No someone shitted on this film saying it resembles 80's fantasy films. It seems like they're expecting LOTR and got a more classic take on fantasy and hated it as a result.

Holy shit are there more videos with this guys voice in them?

The trailers made the movie look like a big budget boring fan film so what did they expect

Literally what's wrong with it being like an 80's fantasy film? Reviewers are so up their ass these days.

The fact that it's not that it feels like one, it's that it looks like one.
It's a videogame movie, of course it was going to be garbage.

"General audiences" are Blizzfags who would have praised the movie regardless, even if it was nothing but an orc fingering its butthole for two hours.

Movies are meant for entertainment, them being more intelligent doesn't tell you if you'll enjoy it as an average movie-goer. If they were actually intelligent in a transcending sense they would realize this.

I'm actually finding more and more that critics like to over-analyze the shit out of every movie and completely lose track of the main purpose a movie is for, which is to fucking entertain. If you go in and enjoy a movie more than the other it's a movie that accomplishes it's task better than the other, regardless of which one is better technically or "smarter".

I went to see an early screening of it here in LA, it wasn't good and its not Excalibur
You and the critics are both fucking retards for the wrong reason
And no it's not good, it's crap and its very painfully obvious that you can see what went wrong

I'm not saying critics are always wrong. But I find the real best way is to take in as much widespread feedback as possible. I tend to look at user AND critic reception. It's also generally a good idea to read their reviews to see why they liked/disliked so you get a better sense of whether that would apply to you too or they could be completely off what you're looking for from a movie.

>those comments
jesus christ why do these people exist?

I never spoke about my view of this movie. I'm reserving judgement until I actually see it. But that's my perspective in a general sense not just for this movie. Also

Hey at least the 80s movies didnt rely on CGI and used lots of practicals

>muh practical effects

General audiences loved BvS, too.

I saw it and yes it is like Excalibur or Labryinth or Legend or Ladyhawke. It's very much 80's fantasy but more hyper fantasy. The movie was not bad and I rate it 7.5/10. It was not perfect but it was very very beautiful and tragic. I feel these reviewers have some sort of bias toward the film going in because I cried during the film(i'm a girl fuck you) two times.

So then you wouldn't say shit if critics shat on a movie you genuinely enjoyed?

d4M4g3C0nTr0L

>very very beautiful and tragic
topkek

I saw it too and I pretty much agree with the reviewers. It looked contrived as fuck with an atrocious acting performance. Even the special effects weren't that good. I laugh when I hear Duncan saying he was going to do better than LOTR. What a joke.

I won't take a stance until I watch it. I'm unbiased, I have never played WoW and have no idea about the lore.

He said he would try because that's the bar to strive for if you're going to make a movie like this. But the thing is I don't think the first war source material is strong enough to compare. But if they ever get around to Warcraft 3/Arthas storyline that might be much stronger material to pull from if done right.

I also think this movie suffered from coherence for non-fans and made it hard for them to get invested. A 4~5m set-up flashback like they did in LotR would have gone a long way to set things up properly for normies to better understand and enjoy the rest.

Most 80s fantasy films were long drawn out boring things with lots of excess effects. See: Darkness

For good fantasy from the 80s see Princess Bride.

Legend* not Darkness

You obviously are a hater or didn't watch it. The acting was top notch, the trailers were shitty. It's not as good as LOTR I agree, but it's also completely different. Like I said it's more hyper fantasy and more of an 80's fantasy than LOTR. It's still beautiful and gorgeous to look at, the visuals are insanely good... and the story made me cry at the end two times because Durotan and Draka.

I have seen the movie and I will rate it "Better than any hobbit film". That isn't saying much though.

Is it the best video-game-to-movie adaptation? Yes because fans will actually eat it up and like it as it did stay true to the lore.

Is it a good movie? No, it was just generic fantasy for the average movie-goer. The Orcs were pretty good though.

MY SIDES

Watched it.

Pros
>They didn't play the orcs as "me good but you not understand me!"
>The visuals worked and felt very warcrafty
>plot that catered to fans and faithful to the lore
>bretty good fighting and battles
>the Orcs wrecking shit. Orgrim Doomhammer was pretty based
>decent acting and humor

Cons
>forced romance
>very bad cuts and edits
>very disappointing climax/ending
>Durotan being played like a pussy and was only "strong" through word of mouth

Overall, I liked it though

>don't know what the fuck they're doing.
it's a fucking movie not a study on DNA methylation effects on epigenetics. You don't need to waste 4 years of your life at an arts school to know whether a movie is good or bad.

Did you also just figure out girls jerks too?

>Underrated

Durotan was beautifully portrayed I don't know what you disliked. I cried.

that is pretty accurate for durotan, I guess they were too faithfull to the lore?
the frostwolves were always mediocre warriors

He was a very likable character but all that talk of him being the almighty chieftain but not backing it up with a good display of strength just didn't cut it for me.

Now Orgrim was shown as a true ass-wrecker and that was pretty satisfying though.

I am rather relieved at the bad reviews. I have found more often than not that the movies that get good reviews are movies that I find tedious and that I don't like. On the other hand, more often than not the movies that get bad reviews from the critics turn out to be movies that I really like and enjoy watching. I look forward to going to see this movie and make up my own mind. I hope it makes enough money for the studio to invest in sequels since they go by money received rather than review received in their decision over sequels.

Cons

>Lothar's son calls him "DAD"

He was the wise chieftain and in the end he had to fight Gul'dan who he knew he would die against. He still fought him knowing this. He was brave and stepped up to the biggest villain of all.

>>Cons
>>forced romance

between who? it's a fucking warcraft movie

I'm guessing garona and lothar

the orc? wtf

Garona and Lothar, correct. Garona literally kissed Lothar while he was grieving. It just felt so out of nowhere.

they really destroyed her character and she wasn't even that good to begin with

My only criteria for if a movie is good is the quip meter. Basically the more quips, the better the movie

There were very little and most of them were bordering "dad jokes" bad. They also relied quite a bit on "socially awkward humor"

This made it more fucked up the deaths are very violent

Hmm. Dad jokes, that type of humor, and electronic metal will raise my rating. How was the music?

The only time I felt the music being "Warcraft-y" was during the intro. Then it goes into generic fantasy snippets here and there.

They used the wilhelm scream twice too, I believe

LotR is much more extreme in anti-east sentiment, seemed to be popular regardless

so do critics

youtube.com/watch?v=gYKeQczkFfM

Most people can't appreciate good art like BvS or Warcraft

It's just too complicated for them to understand when all they want is a simple story with quips

Oh. So that's why BvS couldn't reach a billion $.

If it's filled with your usual Hollywood melodrama and a forced love story subplot, I'm not interested.

kys

Excalibur is great. Very stylish and fun for what it was.

It is nowhere near LotR in terms of quality however.

money makes sequels

Half orc half draenei, friend

i don't care, i laugh my ass off at every video that has this audio in it

Why do people sell kiss kys on this website??

I think they are retarded based on what they have previously stated as a good movie like one of the negative reviewers against this movie said that Dragon ball evolution was good...

Lotr is anti-german and has nothing to do with the "east" you fucking retard

FOR ANY FILM OF INTEREST TO YOU:
>critics like it
Cool, let's go see it
>critics hate it
Cool, let's go see it

Critics in general are more of a likelihood that I'll find something enjoyable, not deciding factor of what i see.

>Why people still listen to reviewers is beyond me.
why do you think reviewers are all the same?
find some websites and some people you respect. Be a fucking adult.

Would your average chink watch it anyway?

Nah the Orcs have been corrupted by a being that comes to one of the orcs in a vision disguising himself "Archimonde" as a prophet of the orcs beliefs, he gets them to drink the blood of mannoroth a demon sent to corrupt the orcs into doing what Archimonde wants and that is to take over Azeroth.. for the oncoming invasion... by the original demons.... AKA Islamic extremists OMG, guys we gotta start killing these muslims and protect our land... our brother sweden a once great warrior nation keke has already fallen...!!!

its always funny when the shilling shifts from "10/10 CONFIRMED BEST MOVIE ALL TIME" to "IGNORE THE CRITICS GUISE"

Critics are usually Autists who crave attention. I prefer to form my own opinions and not have to listen to some sperglords who spent hours over a thesaurus attempting to make his spergespew sound intelligent. Good day sir

>very bad cuts and edits
I think i'll like the movie a lot, but wtf do studios never learn? don't tell me it got fucked up during the editing and the studios wanted to cut 20 minutes because of muh box office

Why dont you form your own opinion you shill

I'm like mildly interested in this movie. I might see it, but then again I see almost every movie. I just like going to the movies with the bae.