Explain this to me Sup Forums

explain this to me Sup Forums

It was just a prank.

kek

You already made this thread, there's nothing to explain.

???

There's something about you, boy

Two teenage psychopaths torture a family in their summer house.

>This is a really violent movie... AND YOU'RE ENJOYING IT AREN'T YOU!

Subverting expectations: the movie
Das it honestly

>that part where they rewind time

D R O P P E D

that's the part I want someone to explain to me, I watched the scene over and over and I still don't understand the purpose of it... like yeah, they're in control, so what?

yeah pretty much

/thread
saw one on this a few days ago but it died too quickly

This.
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE JUST EXPLAIN

The film wants to piss you off. It assumes you're were happy when the little shit got shot in the chest and then it rewinds right after.

The entire movie wants to criticize horror movies and the people who watch it, because the director believes if you watch them you're an "accomplice" to the suffering of the characters. This point is brought up towards the end of the movie, when one of the killers comment that "a fiction that is observed is just as real as anything else"

Thank you for this, it makes more sense now. But, what if I was on the side of the psychopaths? What if I was pissed off at the fact that he got killed? I just feel like it might also have some sort of purpose in the narrative/subtext instead of just trying to piss the audience off.

Totally unnecessary remake.

>But, what if I was on the side of the psychopaths? What if I was pissed off at the fact that he got killed?
That's a problem I had, I wasn't on the side of the killers, but I also didn't care for the family. Not being edgy, I just didn't care if lived or died. So the scene and the movie had very little effect on me.

>I just feel like it might also have some sort of purpose in the narrative/subtext instead
Maybe it does, honestly it has been years since I watched so maybe someone else has a better explanation.

Alrighty, thanks anyway man!

no, this can't be happening! i am in charge here!

It's just a guy having fun with the art form. He's given the job of director to that character. His buddy being shot would be the "hollywood" ending, but he decides that isn't the movie he wants to be a part of.

It's a director saying "oh the rules? ah, fuck it"

>Was in a car crash as a kid
>Panic when I see people in pain/depictions of people in pain
>Never finished funny games because of this

Oh if thats the case, JOKE'S ON YOU DIRECTOR I hated your movie

there's the door

>But, what if I was on the side of the psychopaths? What if I was pissed off at the fact that he got killed?
Well, the movie is done in a way that you're not supossed to side with the psychos, but it's not like the director can control the emotions of every single watcher.

Hey, I loved Amores Perros! I can recognize that just because there's stuff in there that makes me really uncomfortable it isn't a bad movie at all.

But if the entire point of this Funny Games was "you're a bad person for watching and enjoying this violence!" that seems very sophomoric to me

dude glorification of violence is bad lmao look at how enlightened and above your cheap entertainment I am: the motion picture

why did they not show kid's corpse?

I feel like the fact he had a bag over his head was supposed to mean something

Yes

Jokes on them. I was on those smug bastards' side the whole time.

>explain Michael Haneke