Should I buy a Audi A5 (170hp)or BMW 2 series(184hp)?

Should I buy a Audi A5 (170hp)or BMW 2 series(184hp)?
both 2014 models

bamp

Audi, 100%

Audi, but get it white with the panoramic roof and blacked out rims fam

BMWs are pieces of shit, literally every person i know who has owned one had to take it almost monthly to get repaired they broke so often. My mom had one for less than 2 years and spent more on repairs than she did on the actual car.Get an audi, or merc, anything but those lumps of shit on wheels

bmw. do you want a driving machine or a money pit with tacky LEDs?

>civil war ensues

Bmw

well i dont know.

Nah i dont care what this faggot ends up buying, just stating my experience with BMWs im sure other people have had better ones, but 4 people i know bought them and had constant problems, ill never buy one

audi, but only if it is quattro

tesla

Do we live on different planets? Both these cars come with over 200hp lmao 170hp is civic status

Only have ever owned bmws and have found them super reliable. Expensive to repair but reliable. They don't leave you stranded (knock on wood). Think it all depends on how well maintained they are.

OP - take a bunch of test drives. I do think the bmw will feel a little better but it's so personal.

lol my honda civic has more than 170 hp.

>BMW is a bad car

Prolly because your buddies buy riced out 1996 M3s

170 and 184? jesus thats weak as fuck. how does audi and bmw even make cars like that?

European cars are much weaker fyi, I'm not sure what it's like in most countries but 200hp in Serbia is unheard of

If you like understeer but excellent winter mobility and top Safeway, get the audi. If you wanna have fun and pay for even more maintenance get the Bmw.

Lmao what my g37 comes stock with 330hp. Can't imagine what kind of power your civics make haha

bmw! what are you, retarded?

The one with more torque, that's the number that actually matters.

Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races.

thats the base model A5 with a 2.0T 4 cyl.

If you want power there is the 333hp 3.0T V6 S5 or the 450 hp RS5.

faggot confirmed

No, they were all 2008-2015 models but okay

both are the 4 cyl base models dumb fuck.

They make then for poors like you.

Go for the german one

Neither you dumb fuck.

If youre tryna go cheap, get the S3.

300 hp, AWD. And a $600 APR ECU flash puts it at like 350hp.

Neither. They both be giant money pits. Take it from someone who works on cars. Requires specialized mechanics and thousands of dollars for the simplest jobs

found the dude that is full of shit..

if your car will regularly see some good roads (winding, harsh corners etc) then go for the beemer, rear wheel drive is master race.

if this car is going to be blasting motorways and a general day to day driver, the audi will be more comfortable and generally a more pleasant machine to be in.

Base model 2.0 supercharged comes with 220hp. A naturally aspirated 2.0 4 cylinder can make 170hp you don't need a supercharger for that

wrong one

Ditch Both and get a civic. then you can tune that V-tec for some sick Horsepower.
Nah just kiddin, Get which ever is more comfortable to you and which one you can get a bigger warranty on. 3rd party or remaining factory.
Don't neglect it. Keep it maintained regularly and learn how to fix minor things yourself.

get a miata

FiST. Idiot.

Civic? Id rather walk to work than sit in one of those chink transporters, no man on earth looks badass driving a honda

Buying a used German car is the dumbest thing you could do. Those things are built to be leased for two years and then they become massive money pits that need repairs constantly.

German quality = jewish marketing

At least our cars can turn around a bend.

Paying this much for cars with under 200hp is retarded.

BMW for rwd. It's a drivers car.

should buy a new BMW M2 instead

how much are they?

Nether? why would you buy 1 of those?

this fag is right.

but OP is probably 20 years old, so he's a stupid fuck with no life experience.

buy a new audi A4 or bmw 3/4 series. the only mid-tier german cars worth buying

Buying anything from VAG is bad. Stick to BMW, they have always used timing chain instead of a belt.

My 4.2L A6 just hit 100k miles...only abnormal repair its needed as a replaced gasket in the oil line.

boo, a 220? Get a 240. I have a (228) and while it is still plenty of fun I regret not getting dat I6 every time I take it out.

v6 and v8 audi's use chains as well.

VW/Audi uses chains now as well. I have a 2009 GTI 2.0 and it uses a timing chain

>used german cars

lmk how that timing belt replacement hurts your wallet

Let's rephrase that question.
>Which of these 2 brands that I can't afford should I buy so people will be impressed?
Buying a 2 series is for poor fags who want the BMW badge but can't afford a real bmw. Buy a mini while you're at it, faget.

What car is yours exactly? A civic can turn for shit. My g can kill you any day kid

BMW. FWD is painful if you have any intention of ever doing any driving more exciting than a cruise to the mall.

Seriously, I'll never buy another FWD car. It's truly disgusting how bad it handles. RWD or nothing.

Say that to my face, bro. Yeah nah son I didn't think so.

poor kid :-/

Lol, nice ricer

That's an A6. The low tier Beemers and audis like the A4 are hunks of garbage. They know that people who drive those cars want to appear rich and the majority don't buy they just lease. The automakers know this.

Jelly ass punks

You'll like the Audi better.
It's tougher and it has a 12 years rust guaranty.

Enjoy your depreciation and lack of power

Lol
Bro, I drive an old Jeep. It's a POS on the pavement and barely drives in a straight line, and I bet I could still beat you in a race. I can at least take a turn without under steering off the road.

Lotus Elise 2002. 55K miles and only needed a clutch replacement and a new wing mirror (someone bashed it off). British cars don't deserve all the hate.

1) Drive a 4.2 A6, so peanut butter and crackers here, no jelly.

2) Youre just trolling and lifted that shitty as pic off of google.

Or buy a 1999 nissan maxima that has 190 hp that costs 48 thousand dollars less u money wastin materialistic nigger

Blame Aston, Land Rover, and Jags for that.

Kek

Listen to this guy.

bet you say "slay" and "yass" more than 3 times a day.

shut up negro. white cars are for black people and new jersey.

>replying to obvious bait

>thinks a car 15+ years old has anywhere near the hp it did when new

True, I guess I deserve that one.

Land Rover (offroad) is great, I think you're thinking about Range Rover (urban style). Jaguar fucked it up. Lotus were pretty shit before the 2000s, the Lotus Esprit was notorious for breaking down when you'd least expect it. Aston have got a little better over the years but still don't know how to mix reliability and power together, saying that, the V8 vantage is decently reliable.

If by slay and yass you mean I'd slay ya ass in a street race, then fuck yeah you weak ass poser

Just traded in my 2015 bmw 328d for a chrysler pacifica (having kids sucks). Really was a fun car to drive but in the 18 months that I owned it I had multiple problems with alignment, the infotainment, and a/c. Warranty covered most of it but the Volkswagen that I bought before that has gone almost 90000 miles with no issues except for the diesel gate bullshit. I'd probably go with the audience if I had to choose.

audience?

Just get a Dodge Charger.

New oil filter, air filter, oil change and fuel purge with additives and you'll easily regain 85% of the original power. Engines are built to last in terms of stress and mileage, less so age. Unless its done 150K+ miles, those 4 steps will easily restore that lost power.

Small correction: the Land Rover Defender was great offroad until it was discontinued in favor of pussified urban shit.

if you get it black, people in front of you at night will drive slow because they think youre a cop.

the bmw has better weight distribution. Audi always mounts thier engines too far over the front wheels

Audi* sorry, I not grammerfag

Yeah cause I love stopping for gas every 100 miles.

Because they're FWD. Which has automatically shit handling anyway.

a5

no thanks. I need a car that will still run in 3 years

just buy a fully loaded civic.

Nah bro, that's me in the pic. I'd torch your ass off the line and have you huffing my fumes, tough guy.

What poverty car should I get? Just turned 20, moved out of my parents and got a job. I need a car for commuting, been driving my parents peugeot 307 for the past three years.

Requirements: Under £4k, 80k miles, 1.8L engine or less. Basically need something I can insure for less than 1k/year. I really don't want a shitty corsa or anything as I've already been driving a hatchback for three years. Do I be sensible and get an insignia or something or be eastern european and get an old bimmer or something else entirely.

Pretty much but they are still sweet rides for the price with a powerful engine same with pic related u get a lot of car for pretty cheap with these bad girls

You should buy a 2009 model Audi S4 with twice the HP, for the same price.

prius

Neither

I drive a 4220 lbs luxury sedan it needs a 350hp motor and AWD just to hit 0-60 in under 5 seconds.... get over yourself kid or Ill buy your family.

or just go get a q50 so you dont have to have a shitty jap car that looks like a flattened VW bug.

Youll just have a shitty jap car that looks decent but 0 room in the trunk.

yess and then put a AWE exhaust on it
beautiful

friend of me had one tuned to 480hp. unbelievable power and sound

but i like the b5 models better honestly, perfect sleeper

Jelly ass punk flexing like he's bad, you funny man. Sorry I can't see you in my rear view through all the smoke bro. You'd get lit the fuck up pops.