You'll never write a #1 hit song

>you'll never write a #1 hit song

why even live

>Wanting to submit yourself to the pop music-industrial complex for the sole purpose of profit
>Not wanting instead to create an iconoclastic cult phenomenon that signals a seismic shift in the world musical landscape

u right

i'd rather have a #1 album

but i'll never write that either...

Why? I could understand doing it for the money, but money doesn't buy happiness.

>you'll never travel the world to perform in front of huge crowds who know all the lyrics to your songs

>you will never write a song that has it's own dance

rdy to end it tbqh lads

nice dubs

but money > no money

music is a business, and yes money does buy happiness

all the underground bands have is their 'artistic integrity' to convince you of how cool they are. who gives a fuck. everyone wants a hit song

prove it

prove me it does

things make me happy, money can buy things.

Then you're a materialist and so you should kys yourself

It's on you to provide the proof since you originally stated the claim

But you can buy things with money that make you happy so money quite literally buys happiness.

it can buy you freedom too

That's not really and argument; you might think it buys you happiness but it doesn't really. Money does not buy friends or love, for example. Buying the newest Death Grips LP does not replace those things.

having no money doesn't get you friends or love either

I'd definitely be more happy with money

I never said you should be poor instead of rich. Ofcourse money sustains your basic needs. But does it go any further than that? Maybe it would make life a little easier, but never all that better. But the OP was about scoring a #1 hit song, which would make you rich. I'm arguing that, yes, money is important but not the currency that buys you happiness. There are probably tons of rich depressed people and happy poor people out there.

Money can't get you friends but it can expand your opportunities to make them. You can afford more concerts to find more people with similar music interests to yours and try to form a bond.

It can also afford you expensive DAWs/Instruments to make the kind of music you want to make.

Also, people who make a lot of money tend to be interesting to some people and not even in a way related to freeloading/gold-digging but more genuinely curious. If you make money through good music people will want to hear about your creative process and try to understand you as a person.

>make life easier with money
>easier life makes person happy

So you gonna continue being a tard or should we stop here?

'Happier' maybe, not 'happy'.

they're happier than they were before, so they bought happiness by making life easier

you said money can't buy happiness and that's where I disagreed with you, I don't think money alone will make a person completely "happy"

fpbp