Turn on the Bright Lights

So, Sup Forums, what do you think about this album (and Interpol in general)?

Neutral Milk Hotel- In The Aeroplane Over The Sea

wrong thread

I think they made a decent to good return with el pintor and it had some more shoegazy and psychedelic tones so hopefully the next one is better!

First song I heard was Stella was a diver and I knew from that point Carlos was the best bass player in the world

One of very few good post-punk revival albums

El Pintor was good, I wasn't expecting more, though. Maybe they'll make something better with those styles.

Don't know, but he's pretty awesome. Lots of great bass lines.

Too safe of an album that does absolutely nothing original nor interesting.
overrated millennial trash.

I give you the fact that is not very original, just an improvement (a great one) over what other post-punk bands did.

>just an improvement (a great one) over what other post-punk bands did.
No.

Just a poppier more watered down version.

If you think Interpol can hold a candle to The Fall or the Chameleons or Public Image Ltd, I feel bad for you

It is poppier, but I don't see the "watered down" part. In that case feel terrible for me, Interpol are not only just as good, they are also better.

Eh, you just have bad taste and a low music IQ. That's ok I guess but I don't respect you and quite frankly I don't think you should be allowed to listen to music.

Same goes to you.

Nah it doesn't.

Also this board is 18+ so please leave.

Same goes to you (again, if you act like a child I can as well).

joy divison for passion pit and tegan and sara fans

Post punk is gutter tier homo trash lmao
I'm just trolling you Paco thanks for inviting me out tonight, mean it, no resentment

I don't even understand how interpol got this much critical and popular acclaim.
Was it just released at the right time and lapped up by 16 year old female snowflakes? I honestly do not see anything about them that distinguishes them from every other indie rock group of the time.

>Was it just released at the right time and lapped up by 16 year old female snowflakes?
yes

same as the strokes

if you think Interpol sound remotely like either of those bands you've been fisting yourself with genre labels for too long

This.

lmao just reading your responses to and fuck you're a gaycunt hahahaha

I always double take when I see this album art because I think it's amnesiac

don't know how most of you guys are hating on the 'Pol so much?

every band member excelled at their roles. you can't fault any instrumentation or Paul's take on songwriting in most cases. Fucking good live performance.

>asking for too much?

They peaked too early

True.