This is a true size map

Many maps before this have lied to you about how big country are to support eurocentric racism by shrinking and enlarging countrys such as USA, EUROPE, AFRICA, GREENLAND SOUTH AMERICA, AND MORE.

the idea is that by making cunts like africa the same size a USA it subconsciously implys its "unimportance" and by enlarging european nations it represents an enlarged ego.

The more you know.

Study and save it.
Ignorance is downfall.

Other urls found in this thread:

thetruesize.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercator_projection
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i hope you're being retarded on purpose but the sizes aren't accurate because you can't project a globe onto a rectangle

the gall-peters projection doesn't show the correct proportions either

Actully it is accurate to the irl porpotional size. But hey user ignorance is bliss and denial is powerfull.

Shouldn't you fighting some roos or something m8

>Congo is half usa

Seems legit

Shits huge.

>countrys such as south america
>countrys
>such as south america

Its a generalization

Do you really unironically think you're the first special snowflake who's ever brought this up? Everybody fucking knows, it's not some grand secret you mong.

Unironically neck yourself and return to reddit you faggot fuck

looks like japan is a bit too bigger

Why can't Americans write in their own language?

Well it's as dumb as it gets

Can someone simply explain to me why equating the left parcel of land with the right one somehow better visually reflects scale and comparison of countries and doesn't significantly overstate those around the equator?

I like how NZ just stayed the same in terms of size

sometimes we forget how big africa really is...

I like it, Mexico looks taller and skinnier

Never mind, just got it, and I'm an idiot.

This Gall-Peters map is genius.

Lol.
If anything the realistic should stoke the egos of the worlds most developed and powerful countries, considering how small they are compared to the these giant eternal shitfests.

Anything but the winkel tripel can absolutely fuck off. This is the correct answer.

They're an English colony, following your logic San Marino should stop speaking Italian and create the San Marinian language?

The reason why is because you cant properly project a sphere on a fucking rectangle you dumb fuck.
Are Americans on Sup Forums being retarded on purpose?

>Europe
>Africa
>South America
>Greenland
>Countries

>american education

also, that map is still wrong.
you can check the size difference by comparing any country here:
thetruesize.com/
right click on a country to get rido of it.
type in a country and move it around.

WE

Wow Africa is one Big Black Continent.

Black people get so much land actually its kinda unfair.

That projection is fucking trash, though.
Not really

yeah but it's mostly scorching jungle and sand.
you wouldn't want to be there.

Huh

Never noticed how much africa looks like an erect dick

If only some kind Europeans would divide it up for them.

No it isn't. It's god awful projection that makes the map look like shit. The world doesn't look like that.

This is the "true size map." You need to slit your throat, OP.

>the idea is that by making cunts like africa the same size a USA it subconsciously implys its "unimportance" and by enlarging european nations it represents an enlarged ego.

holy fucking shit its so retarded that it becomes amazing

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercator_projection

there's going to be 2.4 billion africans by 2050.

i can really see them becoming the midwest of the world at some point imo. that or total war or the continent implodes or something.

it's true size, not shape, don't be retarded.

A map that sacrifices shape for size is a garbage map. This is the true size of a pea. Ignore the fact that the shape is completely wrong.

I'm not saying the map is good.
I'm saying it's actually a true size map and you were wrong to say "it isn't" because "the world doesn't look like that", like a moron.

Kek Good post

>user just watched The West Wing for the first time

What is the point of a map if not to know what the world looks like?

I think you might be legitimately retarded.

I think you're illiterate and not understanding my point of "that map is useless."

as I pointed out in an earlier post, I was never arguing about the usefulness of a map, I explicitly said so.
useless as it is, the size of each country is proportionally correct, and you were claiming it was wrong, which was fucking retarded.

I know you are american and it's difficult for you people to have IQs higher than 80, and even when you do you still have to deal with the fact that you probably possess the attention span of a goldfish.
but try and make an effort to understand.

>let me just string up a bunch of ad hominem because I'm an illiterate retard who, by sticking my arm deep up into my anus, got that another poster was apparently saying that the maps were not proportionally correct.
Seriously, learn to fucking read before coming back to Sup Forums, you steppe spic.

Someone PLEASE tell me how big Greenland is compared to Africa, Alaska and Russia

This will help me visualize the REAL map that will need to be projected

I hope you re-read the whole conversation and realize I was right and you were the illiterate one who couldn't understand a rather simple explanation.

>ad hominem
you deserved it for being a retard, it's not ad hominem if I explain my point before insulting you.

Africa now has a Chinese big brother to look after it, they should develop nicely into a proper collection of countries.

You don't need to visualize shit, just look at a globe nigger

there's no way to get a fucking globe and flatten it without distorting the image.

I know this is bait but I just had to say it

Please show me where I'm saying that the map is inaccurate when it comes to size. PLEASE.

holy shit, every single educated person knows the mercator projection doesnt show the true area, but it has been widely used because it shows true direction for nautical purpose

its only dummies who have gone through american education who should be chimp out when they realize that the common wall world map was not showing the true area

ok
>No it isn't.

literally your first sentence.

I was replying to the fact that he said that the Mercator projection was supposed to inflate the egos of Europeans and make African countries smaller, you dumb cunt.

>OP talks about a map being true size
>no it isn't, that's not how the world looks
you can quote next time to make things clear.

you're still wrong by the way.
read on both maps histories.

No it isn't.

Wheres antarctica, dumbass?

And how the fuck do you know how the fucking world looks like?? You're based on maps that may be wrong and you think that shapes you're used to see are right. At least you was on space before, but i dont think so... right lad?

You can literally look at a globe, Pedro.