Opinion: RTJ is extremely cheesy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/G-S9mtYowPY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>cheesy

Fact: OP is incredibly retarded.

Yes, but they do their thing extremely well so it works out for them

Anybody who denies it is in denial or just stupid

Not half as cheesy as any of the metal bands Sup Forums is a fan of.

that first one is a struggle to get through

Yeah but it's a real good cheese like pepperjack

Fax

I like it that their songs switch between cheesy stuff to something like that Christmas Miracle track that's at the end of that first one which is kinda serious and in a way kinda poignant as well.

Idk I just thought the lyrics were really cheesy. "Put your hands in their pockets so they can get sliced."

You're right
>white boy on the beat hurrr
>yeah we dgaf about race no we kings

listening too: youtu.be/G-S9mtYowPY

>run backwards through a field of dicks

I've never cringed harder at a song until I heard that and I can't believe most publications praised and mentioned this line as a highlight of RTJ2.

Their themes, particularly political are always a self-righteous and blue-pilled cringe fest. I wouldn't really expect much else from a New York Jew and a fat nigger that endorsed Bernie "can still win and here's how" Sanders

Yeah, by today's standards they're pretty good though. RTJ 1 was great, second was alright, and I'm not a fan of the third.
I feel like R.A.P Music was good, it's just as political but not to a stereotypical point.

agreed. killer mike has "one year into a social science degree" tier political opinions. fucking embarrassing coming from a middle aged man

I forgot to mention the manner in which they try to have this image of faux-edginess when their pseudo-intellectual political themes and messages are not edgy at all, it's the status-quo in fact. They are also essentially preaching to the choir with their messages. It's all the same as most other (((conscious))) hip-hop, just with some more considerably interesting production.

Fuck off, Sup Forums.

Over there

>(You)

where is your argument telling him why he's wrong?

>blue pilled
Mike's verse on the final track in the first RTJ was about how his mother chose not to get him aborted when everyone around her was telling her to, using her as an example of not selling out in life. What the hell are you talking about?

there's no need for an argument or for him to be wrong. politics are off-topic on a music board, so telling that guy to go to the right board to discuss politics is the proper reaction.

remember to keep posting quality high!

Adding onto this, I would much rather listen to kill whitey extreme left Antifa stuff. At least it is somewhat edgy and exciting, not the equivalent of reading r/Bernie4President, Shawn King's twitter account and occupy democrats in music form.

Okay so the meaning of the song has significance. For sure. But as far as the imagery goes, it's fucking cancer.

What imagery are you talking about?

>Skrillex's earlier songs are great
>Sup Forums has shit taste in music
>concious hip hop can fuck off

>anti abortion
>not blue pilled
>2017

The nigger genocide/population control program aka abortion prevents the births of millions of niggers and that's a good thing an the true red-pill mate

From First to Last isn't that bad.

when will they finally stop ripping themselves off and start creating something different?

Gonna tell you again. Fuck off back to Sup Forums, you knuckle-dragging worthless memeing piece of shit.

A lot of the analogies and stuff that i picked up on are ridiculous.

Adding onto this, anti-abortion is seriously just a pussy level blue-pill milk-toast cuckservative position and strong advocates on either side are retarded because there are so many more important issues like immigration and demographics.

is there a single board Sup Forums hasn't tainted? One of the obscure boards has to be free of this shit

Hahaha have a crywank you fucking nerd. I have every right to be on this board and have probably been on Sup Forums for far longer than you.

Sup Forums and most other boards that have mods that regularly frequent the board. Small boards as well like /po/, /asp/, /out/, /3/, etc of course.

Really, if it's even moderately high in traffic, Sup Forumscucks have shat it up. The reddit infestation from their board is drawn to popular boards.

We're going to make Sup Forums great again tbqh it's been shit since 2014.

No, it's been shit since 2010 when odd future and MBDTF hype turned this board into a haven for nu-males that overrate mediocre rap music

Most of the non-serious stuff on RTJ is meant to be stupidly ridiculous and overthetop. It's Mike and El-P's fun, do whatever the fuck project rather than say...El-P's usual stuff which is intricate production work combined with a very syncopated approach to rapping in relation to the beat, or Mike's usual stuff which has his aggressive machinegun flow.

Ok, but when they do get serious it comes off as very juvenile and cringe inducing

All hip hop is cheesy.

Like...?

Truly.

yeah i really don't care enough to dig through the lyrics of an artist i don't even like. basically every time they stop boasting about their rapping superiority and joking about physically assaulting "fuckboys" and venture into neo-progressive shite

Another good point. Couldn't put it into words.

Like...? Not even asking for lyrics, song names, themes attached to them, etc. I wouldn't think a guy, who has a line shitting on Planned Parenthood, was among the first to try to move the talk to questioning police brutality rather than "muh racists!" before BLM and msm made it about racism, is really about that neo-progressive life.

You're the only one still dragging on about politics.

You brought them up first as your main point for finding them cringe. I just want an elaboration or an exact example.

I was a huge fan of RTJ when I was 23 and thought it was so edgy and cool.

I never brought up politics. I gave my opinion on an album and somebody else stepped in about them being pro Bernie and shit. I'm hella liberal but that isn't relevant.

Okay. Still wanna know what it is that's cringe inducing. Like an example. I'll be honest, I am less interested in this for the sake of defending RTJ and more interested in the idea that at least to me that the concept of people finding something cringe, lame, or cheesy in music often stems more from the aesthetic than the music itself.

suck my fucking dick nigga, you probably listen to ab-soul and eminem all day

I literally just told you. Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of electronic in general. And their comparisons and lyrics were weird. It makes new cringe. What else explanation do I need to give to you?

I was hoping for something with a bit more depth, but I guess I got what I wanted.

prior to 2010 this board was filled with cheetos-stained fingered neckbeards and nu-males that almost exclusively discussed meal, dadrock and anime and video-game osts it was far shitter back then cunt

maybe but it's fun so who cares

More like reddit the jewels

The door

this tbqh srs fàm

I think they're pretty self-aware with their corny lyrics and are usually purposely bad and done for laughs like but shit like El-P saying "notice me, senpai" is just plain bad.

morelike dumb we are on Sup Forums

RTJ is white people hip hop

this

Hip hop is cheesy

>white people hip hop

Reddit The Jewels Haha Rick AnD MorTy Are So Cool btw vote bernie2016 LOlololol Reddit Mike El-Reddit

To me "run backwards through a field of dicks" is goofy/cheesy in a good way. Its dumb funny. Its the political shit that is just 2cringe4me

I'm listening to RTJ3 for the first time. I enjoyed RTJ2, still go back to it sometimes.

Production seems much more interesting on this one! It's good so far

this tbqh

>politics are off-topic on a music board

>t. white boy who thinks music should be all about """feels"""

It worked better on the first release but they've gotten so bad with it on 2 and 3

>I am the living swipe right
Is one of the funniest lines I've ever heard and no one can tell me differently

hey man, a pizza without cheese is just food for fantano

>notice me send pie

What did LP mean by this?