Insomnia thread!

Insomnia thread!

I've been treating my insomnia with weed, but because of some personal issues, I am no longer able to use marijuana for its sedative effects.

With that being said, I have not been able to sleep. (And when I do manage to fall asleep it's for a short amount of time then I wake up rather quickly) I've tried OTC drugs, melatonin, exercising before bed, guided meditation, sleep music, drinking myself to sleep (Which works but I hate drinking) and much more. It don't matter I can't sleep.

I can't stand being sleep deprived, I'm pissed at everything, depressed, sluggish, and just overall not performing as well as I do when I get my sleep.

How do you guys treat your insomnia? Any tips? You got any suggestions I can do to put me to sleep? Are there any sedatives that I can buy online legally that work? If you just deal with it, what do you do to pass the time? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

>General insomnia thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rEXlScN9AO0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Z drugs.
Get some.
No morning sluggishness.
Not really a sedative.

Will save your life.

A few beers typically puts me right to sleep, or I read random shit on the Internet.

Take some Melatonin. It's naturally produced by your body for REM sleep, but some people have a deficiency. They are pills and they are over the counter. No overdose either.

lrn2read

Z drugs? Never heard of em.
Where can I get some, and are they over the counter?

To treat my insomnia I started waking up early, ride my bike to work, shower, eat a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner, fuckin knocked out that night.

Too bad you don't have insomnia.

Melatonin sucks, get lunesta. Start with 2-4mg then if that don't work go up till it does. 4mg knocks me right the fuck out

Yeah, I sleep good, get plenty of fuk, my lifes preddy good.

Idk, tried most of the things you have. Exercise worked, but it required at least 2 hrs worth for me.

There's 3 on the market: Zaleplon (sonata), Zopiclone (Lunesta), and Zolpidem (Ambien).

They're MoA is identical to the Benzodiazepine family of sedatives. Mightily addicting. You have been forewarned.

Also Pic Related: This doesn't work, so don't try it

Buddy, they're GABAa agonists. They're mechanism is identical to that of benzodiazepines, and the antidote to an overdose of them is Flumazenil, which ONLY antagonizes the benzodiazepine site on the GABAa receptor. They're just as habit forming.

Sources: I developed temporary myoclonic epilepsy-like symptoms after stopping a high dose of Zolpidem each night. True horror.

OP... I had terrible insomnia for months and tried everything and nothing worked. I started the Whole30 program 3 weeks ago and its completely reset my sleep cycle. After dinner i have a hard time staying awake and sleep like a rock all night. You have to give up all added sugar, no smoking, no drinking, no processed crap foods, no dairy, no bread , no legumes for an entire month. You cant snack and can only eat three good meals a day. You should consider looking into it. It fixed my insomnia completely plus im losing weight.

(Cont.)
BUT, if your insomnia is really that debilitating, I still am of the belief that benzodiazepines / Z-drugs do have clinical use, and do truly work marvelously. Take this up with a doctor and explain that OTC stuff doesn't to jack shit. But it's a slippery slope if you get addicted, so just be mindful.

Never said wasn't another side to it...
Just said with brutal unrelenting insomnia, they'll save your life.

I stand by this, Sup Forumsro

You need to fix the root cause, not continue taking shitty, unnatural pills that do mothing or fuck you up further. Change your diet, lay off smoking and drinking for a few weeks.

Could be a magnesium deficiency. Magnesium helps the sleep cycle. Take 400mg a little while before bed.

Like I said, if insomnia is crippling, I believe they are a life saving option. Seriously, Sup Forumsro, I get it. I attempted suicide one because my insomnia was driving me crazy.

wasn't trying to come off aggressive.
sorry Sup Forumsro...

we both been there.

Wasn't trying to come off like I thought you were being aggressive.

>Hivemind

for our insomniac friend OP, would you agree way less morning symptoms with a Z drug than most benzos?

My mum has insomnia, and after years of taking multiple benzos, they've stopped working. She recently went back on zyprexa, an antipsychotic, after many years and can finally sleep again. It's really nice to see her well rested and not constantly sleep deprived.

I'm not sure how you would go about getting it, but maybe it would help in lieu of benzos.

Indeed. Shorter half lives.
Except maybe for Halcion, but who the fuck prescribes that anymore?

I have a huge scar from a time I took much Halcion but then failed to 'try' to go to sleep...

Dear god, what a memory :)

You need hypnosis or you need to slowly start being honest about things. Trust me, I didn't sleep when I was a kid because of mental and physical abuse. Until you dig deep down and process all the shit in your life your mania, which keeps you up thinking nonstop, won't subside. But also trust me that you're alright, that you're an okay guy user, whoever you are, your just trying to work out a lot of stupid shit in your life. Be patient.

I'm the z-drug guy; listen to this guy, OP.
He has the real answer.

except the part about hypnosis...
that's for fags :D

You're getting placebo'd hard, my friend.

It's for mania, hypnosis never worked on me before I let my mind drift into its natural psychoactive state out of depression. Hypnosis helps guide you back to a balanced state of mind. Look up mania on YouTube.

k, clinical hypnosis, yeah I'll retract the negative.
All other hypnosis "stop smoking!" types - snake oil bullshit.

Trust me, it does work for minds that over work themselves. Not for "balanced" people, just people that need to heal their brain.

You gotta hunker down wherever you want to be comfy and listen with headphones or earbuds. Just do what she says and you'll be golden. youtu.be/rEXlScN9AO0

Hope you guys find it helpful.