I have a boil on my leg I assume it's mrsa or staph...

I have a boil on my leg I assume it's mrsa or staph. I can't really tell if it's getting worse I plan on going to the dr. Tomorrow.

Here's pics I'll post comparison this one is from like 5 hours ago I outlined with a pen to see if the infection spreads

Anything I can do in the mean time to keep it under control?

dude, you need to cover that bitch up ASAP. then wash whole body with hibiclens.

everything you've touched for the last two weeks, bag that shit up in trash bags and wash it with bleach or you;'ll reinfect yourself.

follow the "decolonization" procedure on mayoclinic of CDC website.

Here's the pic from now. looks like the red is spreading down my leg past the marker :/

What do

You may have lyme disease

You may be a retard

Why?

it's lupus

I had that exact same thing a month ago and you really have to not touch it, scratching spreads it including the bacteria under your nails to rest of your body. It's caused by a horsefly bite, remember swatting the exact spot that blew up like that later that day. If you get the orangish pus you need to take antibiotics

That's not Lyme disease fuck tard

Looks like a spider bite

I have been washing my hands. I've had mrsa before and went to the hospital. But I've also had painful boils here and there and they've gone away but haven't been such a big red ring around them.

I really think I need oral antibiotics and it would make it better

did the same thing with the pen

Just buy some sulfur paste and spread it all over the thing and you're good to go.

and these popped up from itching too much

mdfag taking pity on you for some reason.

assessment: abscess
plan: fucking go to urgent care and get some abx. like now. youre not gonna die by waiting til tomorrow but it sure as shit isnt gonna get better on its own

Sorry DR

I was miserable for the 2-3 weeks but I got over it without meds, once I recognized the bite again I didnt mess with it and it went away on its own.

Had mrsa a month or two ago, just keep it covered, take warm showers, don't pop the boil looking things, if you're on antibiotics you're good, it'll get worse for about a week then it'll get better the week after. The redness expanding could be an allergic reaction ( I had one and my entire leg knee to ankle turned red)

There's rly not much shit coming out of it. I squeezed it earlier when I took the first pic about 6 hours ago and some stuff came out but Ive left it alone since then. It doesn't hurt as bad but idk I still am debating on going to doctor. I don't have insureance.

ive had a cyst on my tailbone for a few years now, it only became inflamed once but if it does again i am truly fucked. wat do?

You should definitely see a doctor, infections near joints aren't a joke.

How am I going to die? My leg is working fine so I assume it won't need to be chopped off.

I also have no flu like symptoms or anything. Urgent care is not an option because I don't have health insurance

hot compresses all day bro

pilonidal cysts are typically pretty easy to manage. simple I&D when they flare, +/- abx depending on severity. surgical excisions are typically curative if you have a week or two to burn for recovery time.

If you go to the drug store in the acne section they will have small tubes of 8% sulfur, 2% resorcinol. I use it to draw my acne cysts to the surface.
You'll probably still need to see a doctor but if you wanna squeeze more shit out of that thing for fun the sulfur+resorcinol combo is the best way to do it. Cake that shit on there and it will draw it all to the surface. Plus sulfur and resorcinol are antibiotics and antifungals so you don't have to worry about that at least. Not saying it's a cure but every time I have a cyst I use that stuff and it always lets me pop them a thousand times easier.

you wont. unless you get septic. which is a distinct possibility considering how fast the cellulitis is spreading. heard of nec fasc? that's not what you have, but you really dont wanna take a gamble on soft tissue infections.

just trust me on this one.

UK Med fag here.

Don't squeeze, it spreads.
Take flucloxacillin or whatever it is called in the UK for 2 weeks. Try 500mg 2-3 times a day, spaced out around 6-8 hours.

Keep taking them for the two weeks, even if it goes before then.

*whatever it is called in the US

Will I be fine till tomorrow until I get antibiotics ? I have been putting neosporin on it. It was almost this red yesterday it has just spread a bit and I'm hoping it will start going down.

I'll check in the morning but will probably be going to the doctor

im a new fag dur dur dur

brian?

CVS has a clinic in a lot of their stores. You don't see a MD, but they can give you a script for antibiotics.

Last time I went it was $90 + $90 for the script. That was a sinus infection, but beats $250 for an office visit.

Medfag here MRSA(meticilin resistan staphilococcus aureus) and staph infection are the same thing, that look like a celulitis which is a subdermal infection, where r you? The antibiotic of choice would depend on The local suceptibility paterns i can help if you want

Yes you stupid fuck you'll be fine until tomorrow

In us colleague The prevalence of CA-MRSA is about 32% no beta-lactams are recommended. With The exception of ceptbiprole or ceftaroline

I'm in Wisconsin. I've had boils and stuff before but they went away by themselves with just neosporin. And they didn't have such a huge red around it.

Wisconsin will take anyone in any Emergency Room in any hospital in the State. Fucking go there and they will bill you. Pay them 5 bucks a month until it's paid.

I have hygiene issues and have to go to the ER for shit, more than normal. Howard Hughes-type OCD/OCPD issues cause a lot of problems when you can't stay clean and you are susceptible to getting infections. But it's not worth it to wait any longer. Just go right now.

Ok, my advice is that you should see your Medic, its not a life threating infection si you can rest easy. In sorry but were you The one saying you had MRSA before? if thats so There are a couple options one would be Bactrim 800/160 1 tan every 8 hours, The other a would depend on The local patter of suceptibility that your MD should be aware of . For now dont scratch and keep your hands and keep the "wound" clean
Hope this was useful Sup Forumsro

Sorry about The tiping mistakes im on mobile

Mrsa/staph victim here. Go to doctor asap or you will be popping baseball size boils with sewing needles with spewing bloody puss that squirts out like a hose.

Yep I had mrsa before and i believe I was prescribed Bactria. So just go there tomorrow and they'll probably give me a script for it and I'll bd good right ?

Thanks for the help by the way

What do you mean? I think you are replying to my post on accident?

Bactrim*

That's a spider bite OP

Yeah you should be, sorry for the typing mistakes im on mobile. Remember dont panic and go get yourself check ;)

>hot compresses all day bro
dubs is truth

Yes, sorry about that

If its tooo far its going to take more than bactrim. You may need a shot of something and some pills. Staph builds a natsy resistance.

Dude im an infectologist, i know what im talking about

Me too bro I have 100 plus scars on my body to prove it. Ive lost most of high school career to staph and mrsa. I wont take a photo cause my body is fucked and Im too lazy.

Not all staph and mrsa is treated the same.

First of all, MRSA stands for methicilin resistant staphilococcus aureus, So saying staph/MRSA is a redundant. Second the treatment options would depend on the severity of the infection and this one is non complicated soft tissue one. Third like i said before he should go to his doctor for a complete Physical examination and to obtain a culture to verify the in vitro suceptibility profile of his infection. Hope this make things clearer to you

had mrsa 2010
2016 my body is just now finally catching up to it

mrsa is no joke

yeah

Treat it as if it is mrsa. Unfortunately that means you gotta keepbout of contact with everyone, get it to a doctor, have it amputated, then pay the bill.

Looks like a spider bite.

Got the surgery 1 week ago, dont hurt this much , i have some pain pill and i dont even took one

go to chemist, ask for magnesium sulphate, leave it on overnight then squeeze all the shit out.

its pretty much all the doc would do anyway

How bad was it

>magnesium sulphate
That's just epsom salt

scratch the shit outta this and then stick your finger up your nose and rotate it.

Also quit picking your nose and scratching with the same hand

>it's lupus

>mrsa
>antibiotics

nigga are you for real

>CA-MRSA
Fun shit, had it all over groin and upper legs

Fuckin gross dude

Its not resistant to all antibiotics, unless he got really unlucky

first time? hard baseballs
pain pain pain

got like 6 or 7 lanced

I was given antibiotics and I was cleared up. thought it was over. NOPE
they came back about 4 days after i stopped taking them

don't want to praddle on about the details but basically they just never went away
They gradually became less severe but I had them constantly
I'd given up on life for the first 3 years

aside from embarrassment and pain, MRSA makes you feel ill. It's like having the flu.

I don't know what changed mid 2014, but I'm getting better

stopped taking minocycline (for minor acne; doctors told me it'd help reduce staph infections) three months ago and no worsening thus far
happy about that

relieving to know I don't depend on anti biotics anymore

Ok I know that was really weirdly formated and all over the place.
Sorry, I'm not good at using words and sentences.

Go to the fucking hospital you dumbass.

Jesus Christ what is wrong with people?

From the clear bullseye rash that could also be Lyme disease

Hydrogen peroxide

Also run the area under warm water, not hot, but very warm to stimulate blood circulation and healing

Peroxide for cellulitis, huh? You fucking idiot

It will definitely help in the area of the open wound.