Do you prefer "ultimate evil" bad guys or relatable bad guys?

Do you prefer "ultimate evil" bad guys or relatable bad guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ob_lEJIR6M4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I can't relate to bad guys because I'm not a criminal or some other dumb shit.

Relatable, no contest. Nothing is better than when the antagonist's motives are debatably (or outright) justified

ultimate evil bad guys are lame and uncreative

An "evil" antagonist is lazy writing (e.g. the Bible)

>relatable bad guys
When i can understand the point from where his action comes to. Too bad nowadays ultimate evil is taking high ground.

Post some villains you can really relate to.

I'll start.

honestly probably the main reason I couldn't get into LotR is because they're just facing evil... i want an antagonist who i want to die for reasons other than he/she is evil.

what makes a bad guy a "ultimate evil"? only the fact that he's not defeated in the end.

what makes a bad guy "relatable"? the fact that he has a tragic past and weaknesses. it doesn't matter if he's defeated or not in the end, he may even become one of the good guys or at least help them.

so, it depends on the story. poor writers often give flaws to their villains as an afterthought to make them relatable, and you can tell how they're not convicing. it's basically what happens in every disney and pg-13 movie.

>ly (or outright) justified
But the bible didn't have an evil antagonist.
Satan literally did nothing wrong and any "flaws" he had were human-like
God was doing all kinds of evil shit and getting away with it.

i relate to the ultimate evil bad guys

>le random chaos
what?

SATAN = Captain Team

GOD = Iron Team

cap this

whatever you say man. not trying to turn this into a fedora atheist circle jerk

It really depends on what the movie is going for. Most evil bad guys are that way because of bad/lazy writing, but it can work (Bardem in No Country, Heath Ledger in TDK), while most relatable bad guys are just good characters.

CHIGUR WASNT EVIL RRREEEEEEEEE

That's cute kiddo, how about you try posting an actually relatable villain?

To me, relatable means understanding how and why the villain thinks the way he does, not necessarily having a tragic backstory. In that respect, the burden of creating a "relatable" villain falls squarely on the actor.

That said, hammy villains are more fun to watch.

I love J D Morgan

"ultimate" bad guys can be relatable but given the choice give me the relatable one.

However a lot depends on the kind of character the good guy is and the story.

Both

This.

"I will destroy the earth!"

"I will take over the world!"

"I will wipe out the humans!"

"I'll be the most powerful being in the universe!"

Ultimate evil guys have the same generic goals as the next one. They are boring, non-threatening, and easily defeated.

the ultimate

just get close

youtube.com/watch?v=Ob_lEJIR6M4

Oh my god I totally agree with Lex creating a potentially unstoppable monster just in case superman one day becomes evil himself

ultimate evil

When OP said ultimate evil, he didnt mean dr doom. He probably meant someone like Anton Chigurh (actor for pic related).

>has almost no emotions
>will stop at nothing to kill main character
>if someone asks a simple question, he'll kill them, or at least give them the choice by calling a coin flip

I tend to go for the "ultimate evil".

When a villian si relatable, I only see a martyr, an emo kid that had a bad time and now is throwing a tantrum so the people can "learn".

Whereas the "ultimate evil" is a person without a moral compass, just an insane person. He doesn't want to teach you anything he just wants you dead.

I prefer this 3 desu

The best form is ultimate evil that is relatable. They'd have to be written very suitably for it to work properly though.

it was al a joke!

Ultimate evil or relatable product of his environment?

Relatable.

Gonna bring up Wilson MOTHERFUCKING Fisk here, from Netflix's Daredevil. They showed him as a person with a hard life, who genuinely wants to make his city a good place but goes about it in the wrong way.

Have to get around to rewatching this again; so good