Why was it such a good show?

Why was it such a good show?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YBA53BCh8XM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

subtlety, not over-the-top.

it could have been shot live action.

No it couldn't have, Bobby would have grown up and it would have severely changed the show after the first couple seasons.

because it reflected the reality Mike Judge lived.

amazing interesting characters

Not the same guy but I think he was just saying it wasn't "cartoony" so on an episode to episode basis it would have hypothetically worked as live action.

That is true, and that is most likely what he meant but I've had people tell me that it should have been live action because of the fact it wasn't cartoony. So anytime I hear someone say anything along the lines of it not needing to be animated I feel the need to point out yes it did, it ran for over ten years and Bobby might have aged like a year throughout it.

because of peggy

It was well done for the most part. Had a good cast of well defined characters that had funny interactions.

It was redpilled and not a liberal soapbox

heart

Because that is exactly what it was like growing up in Texas. Even the parts most people would assume are exaggerated are just like what it was like.

Okay. You really don't have to feel that need.

Texan here. Hank being this in love with the state at times feels over the top at times but everything else especially the small town obsessing over its high school football team is accurate.

Same reason Silicon Valley is a good show the creator.

Subtle humor that was not far fetched

Real life grounded characters. Even though we hate Peggy she is a interesting well constructed character which is why we hate her.

Set in the real world and deals with real life problems

Gave time and episodes devoted to side characters than just the Hill family to grow their characters.

It turned to shit after season 7. Only plebs don't realise this.

But Silicon Valley is shit senpai

literally only said by you.

Really? I know quite a few people that love Texas the same way he does.

Because Judge is an American treasure.

youtube.com/watch?v=YBA53BCh8XM

It's very similar in other parts of the deep south as well. As someone born and raised in Mississippi, so much of the small town stuff felt true to life to me. The Nascar episode was also pretty great.

Didn't rely on edgy random humor like family guy

I'm from Oklahoma, and I didn't know it was making fun of Texans/Southerners at first. Guess I'm just used to it. But Oklahoma isn't part of the south, however, but we do share some aspects with Texas.

Hank reminds me of my daddy. :)

t. Antonion Lopez de Santa Anna

I never watched it, is it good if you don't really give a shit about technology or whatever? Can I be an average faggot and still enjoy it like an episode of koth?

Why does Hank's shirt change from white to blue at that part of the intro? When his head appears in the circle and spins around, when it finishes spinning, his collar is blue instead of white like it was a second ago.

Anyway, I don't particularly like Hank the more I watch the show. For every time he's kind of smart, he's incredibly close minded. Remember that time Bobby has a job, is making money, is happy, but the universe bends over backwards to make a couple of kids throw food? So then Hank says "See, Bobby? I'm always right. You can't be a male model now, because some food was thrown once."
It's just shit like that that rubs me the wrong way. Peggy is still the worst, Dale is the biggest cuck on earth, Bill is pathetic and I'd kill him if I knew him IRL ("You're lucky I'm letting you see Bobby at all") but Hank is the one who is constantly disappointing me with his attitude and actions the more I watch it.

Season 1~ is surreal and weird and I don't like it. S2 is a little better, S3 is where it starts to get really good. But yeah the later seasons, there's more bad episodes than good ones

There's no real character development in the show in general but Hank wouldn't BE Hank, the stereotypical Boy Scout Texan.

He's a satire on Texas.

I don't really know anything about propane either. Is this good in a similar way or was user just making a shitty comparison?