My truly dream is making swords, armors n shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EFKoGZkUQt4
youtube.com/user/michaelcthulhu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

m

What's stopping you?

>This
If you can't afford tools and shit try seeing if you can't get a class with a local blacksmith, if you can't, according to some people I've talked to you can get super basic stuff on your own for as little as $50-$100

Thats every weaboos dream

>truly dream

Those are always the hardest

My dream is to fight with swords and wear armor.

Let's be buds.

I live in a small town in Argentine, not even a close blacksmith in 500km
im studiyin Mining engineer to work with the tools at least in about 4-5 years

But a happy weaboo.

Because you're a beta that will do nothing but live in mommy's basement the rest of your life?

BECAUSE YOU HAVE WEAK ARMS, SOFT HANDS, LOW PAIN TOLERANCE, NO EXPERIENCE, AND YOU'RE GAY.

> i think thats something 50% of the male population wanna do, i mean
> male romanticism is swords and shields, not guns and cars.

>USING A SWORD
>HIDING BEHIND A SHIELD
WOMEN LONG AXE ALL DAY NIGGER

> tfw u have weak arms, soft hands, low pain tolerance and 0 experience

relax, viking beast.

>longaxe
>not just using based poleaxe

a sword can be a mace and a spear too, but not as well as something that has all three readily available.

>can't get a class with a local blacksmith,
>go round the the sword braziers and hoof cuffers round the corner should we.

I'm a britbong
I actually wanted to make swords myself, from my research, there are few and far blacksmiths around any more, the ones that are still open, are in isolated rural places, I doubt any make swords either..
Type of places where you would need to get an apprenticeship there to get into the work.
On the other side their is college and uni, which again would be limited to where you could go. There are courses in metallurgy.
The likelihood of doing anything other than working in a smelter, or a fence and railing factory after graduation is pretty slim.

Once you got some pennies maybe you could rent a place and make your own make shift blacksmith and attempt to make swords.
Without training though it would probably be a very hard craft to learn.

seems unless you have some money behind you to begin with, and a real passion where you are willing to move anywhere to get connections to the trade, it is a slim decision for an average person to learn such a skill in this day and age.
Irony that it used to be a common and quite lowly trade too.

>know i cant get to learn from a blacksmith and shit, and the machines used (If not hammer and anvil) Are costful
>Studying a 7 years college engineer in mining, so i can learn a lot of metallurgy and shits (Plus learn about the machines)

The only blacksmith that makes weapons and such that i know are Mans at arms from discovery

not bad, I suppose with a dream if you make it happen it will happen.
its such a shame that in our capitalist societies we cant just choose our careers that we want to do but are limited.

You actually can choose your career. It's easier than it's ever been. People are just too lazy and untalented to do that and work for big corporations instead because it's easier.

Well, Literally machines killed blacksmiths and so, u can blame it on the french revolution, steam machines and so

i dont think u can really do anything u want, u have to acomplish some laws, as an example, iso and such

Stop making excuses. Google your town/city/zip code and add "blacksmith" at the end of it. If you wanna see just how cheap it is ask anyone that's currently working as a blacksmith. Go on Twitch or some forums and ask people, it's actually easier to get into than you think and you don't necessarily need an apprenticeship to learn it.

You don't need iso certifcation just to manufacture.
get some seed money, buy a forge and anvil and metal. whatever you might need.
make some swords or horseshoes or whatever until you're decent then sell them online.
It's not that difficult.

Con un elastico de camion, ladrillos, carbon y un martilo cualquiera podes hacer cosas.
Deja de llorar y poner excusas, hasta un preso en caseros puede hacer facas.
Cuando estes promediando la carrera vas a cagar plata.

do it faggot.
>everyone should have a hobby

The industrial revolution was British.

Most of what blacksmiths make has nothing to do with swords and armour and shit. It's all tools, nails, shit like that. Just get into a metalworking trade, use that money to get education in swordmaking.

This
You don't even need a forge or an anvil. Dig a hole, throw some coal in it, tape ahairdryer next to it and turn it on. Find a big flat rock or a piece of railroad track and use that to hit stuff on. Pickup a cheap blacksmithing hammer at a hardware store and slap some metal!

3 pairs of doubles

>3
Can you count? 00, 33, 88, 33, that's 4

Zero is dead.

Still counts

>i swear i will.

you faggot do you think there is a blacksmith in every town.
don't you think maybe in some countries there are 1-3 blacksmiths in the entire country.
all a blacksmith can specialize in now is making armour and swords or hoofing horses, when was the last time we used these things.
factories and smelters do everything else that blacksmiths do. You will need an apprenticeship, in fact a blacksmith in training is an apprentice.
Did you even read what I wrote, I have researched the methods of getting into the trade.
Very few individual people make swords any more.

Good! And while you're at it, follow these Twitch channels:
>wickedbowie
>dawah200
>kovarna_pausch
>drewsmith

They stream blacksmithing often, check it out, ask some quuestions

i think i love you for that twitchs. didnt knew about those twitch blacksmiths

>Very few individual people make swords any more
Supply and demand.
People will pay more for smithed swords than machined swords because it's harder to find blades made by hand. Duh.

Ya, cuz everyone wants a blade inside his house

>You actually can choose your career
no user, we are limited in so many ways, the most fundamentals being money.
making an example, if you come from a wealthy upper class family, private school work hard, you are almost guaranteed and have the finances for a better higher education at a prestigious establishment.
If you are from a working class family, went to public school, and even got the same grades or better than the other kid, you are not guaranteed a placement at a prestigious higher education establishment, because of not having money, and mainly because you went to public school.
now say the second student went to public HE, he wanted to become an astronaut, so did the 1st kid but he went to better schools, who are they gonna chose.
the wealth privately schooled child.

that is what we deal with in capitalism, limitation by class and wealth not just by ability.

>Complaining about living in Buttfuck-Nowhere
>Having access to the internet
>Being able to buy stuff for metalsmithing from around the world
You, OP, are the only reason you're not a blacksmith.
>mfw dealing with the same internal conflict regarding animation

Nothin stopping u man i make knifes with a home made forge i built out of an old gass bottle (op)

Actually, here, were i live, university is public, and the nationals (public ones) are the better and most considered for any job

you'd be surprised.
between historyfags and edgykids with too much money there's probably a market for authentic swords.
Not necessarily, don't make excuses and you'll go far.
the poor kid for example might be hungrier and have greater accomplishments.

>because it's harder to find blades made by hand
yeah, but after learning the trade for 7-10 years, then mastering it in another 10-15 ears, they are going to be buying hanzo swords.
it isn't a viable trade. blacksmithing is dead but doing it specifically to make swords wont pay the bills, that is why said you need money in your pocket just to start a process of learning it.

Tell me more about that glass bottle forge please.

Brandon is that you?

If you approach it as a hobby and spend your nights and weekends making dope swords I don't see why it wouldn't eventually make you enough money to quit your job.
Especially if you got really good and created a new type of sword with modern technology and craftsmanship coming together.

Actually, my name is viktor

>the poor kid for example might be hungrier and have greater accomplishments.
this doenn't relly matter.
I'm not saying a public schooled person can't do well it is just logical that someone who was brought up in wealth, would do better in society specifically because of the reference of going to "oxford" or "harvard" instead of "manchesterU" or "arizona state"

I don't like it but this is how the world is

You actually can.

There is still a demand for all of these things, especially in the Television and Movies industry.

And collectors will pay well for high-quality replicas of their favorite era weapons.

It's kind of like horse breeding. All horses could go extinct tomorrow and we'd be fine, humanity wouldn't collapse or anything, because horses are no longer used in war or for labor; they're show animals now that exist to be in movies, television shows, competitions, sporting events and so on.
Smithed weapons are no longer primary, or even secondary weapons of war, but the demand is there for different reasons now.

a tittle is a tittle, it doesnt really cares from where it comes, unless u want to work for some fancy corporation, If thats the case, just gitgud, a 9-10 promedio will get you anything

For a while it was common and lowly. But what you're describing in the entirety of your post is fairly telling of blacksmith culture throughout history.

It's always been an incredibly poorly documented, master-and-apprentice style of knowledge transaction.
Before your mentioned commonality of the smith in not-so-distant history, blacksmiths were viewed as weird, wizard-like people. They knew the secrets to shaping rock into metal through 'fire magic', and that was enough to get people confused and mildly scared. Coupled with the fact they don't like to share their secrets, it's no wonder so much knowledge has been lost to time.

Our species stands on the shoulders of giants. But when the giants die, we're back at square one again.

Just found a bunch of Blacksmith groups on facebook, pretty amazing not to be the only weaboo that wants to make his own stupid things

Not a glass bottle my friend .. a (gass) bottle like wat u have hooked to your bbq.. you will need a propane burner and a welder and an angle grinder.. and some insulasion like ceramic wool sheet that they use inside a pizza oven .. it will get to around 2300c plenty hot enough to forge steel

If anything can save the ancient art of blacksmithing. It's the internet.

Here is the youtube video i followed youtu.be/EFKoGZkUQt4

i have some of them, my dad works in the car industry, so, i have many cutting tools, just need to get the propper blades and so

>next weekend ill make my own

Any knofe can be made by had with files and hammers man but ur gunna want a belt grinder too can pic up some cheap ones online alot faster and easyer

making arms and armor is a very specific skillset and you can't really do it unless you get a job with the movie industry, but you can get a job as a ferrier or gunsmithing and those involve a good deal of blacksmithing. The only way to make a lot of money blacksmithing is to become well known replicating iron fixtures (like chandeliers and doorknobs and shit)

Have fun mate.. i love getting stoned off my tits and making knifes here is another i made for a friends sons birthday

im going to be pretty rich once i get mi tittle, one of the (if not) most paid out carrer, plus 15 days of vacation a month, i dont wanna get money from it, i wanna do it for myself

>Irony that it used to be a common and quite lowly trade too
Lol no. Smiths, carpenters and stonemasons were about as elite as craftsmen could go in medieval society. You needed expensive tools, talent, and a very long apprenticeship to be able to do any of those jobs, and laymen considered at least some parts of your craft magic of some sort. And you got paid appropriately for your troubles.

Hey OP.

Lookit this guy.

youtube.com/user/michaelcthulhu

Also, your a faggot.

Dude, make a ghetto forge, ghetto anvil, big ass hammer, gloves, and a chunk of any steel and beat the Fuck out of it. WAtch videos, read books made pre 1960 (because you actually had people with handed down legit FACTUAL info, writing books because that's what they had to share with), and fucking just do it, Fuck up, learn, git good. Make me somthing.

A good 98% of Smith's I know are self proclaimed, not apprenticed. They like the idea of looking like a "blacksmith" and learn just more than the normal flag and then stop learning and sell shitty knives with Crap fixtureing while full of inclusions "on purpose".

Using the word "irony" is pretty ironic given the subject, too.

But that 2% bro... can take a rusty hunk at dog shit and will add carbon, tin, lead, sulfur, borax and make that shit into the finest razor sharp blade, straight and symmetrical without touching a grinder once

There was a fucking great twitch stream I saw once.
This young fella blacksmithing in his backyard.
It was awesome to watch.

I think his name was Dawah200 or something like that.
Only caught it the once but I wish I'd see him online again.

He answers chat questions, might be a good place to find help, op.

already someone mentioned him, im following him already,

Shit, sorry m8, didn't see that.
Worth the watch if you can find him.
Doesn't work with my Aussie time zone.

Americans need to quit their gun addiction and embrace swords again.

Gentlemanly weapons like rapiers and longswords.

my argentine poor time hour neither i think, 8am here already

woho so rude