Whats his best ever song? Top 5?

Whats his best ever song? Top 5?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RCJ8Qq6A8mk
stereogum.com/1709766/mark-kozelek-i-love-you-but-youre-bringing-me-down/franchises/sounding-board/
stereogum.com/1805043/premature-evaluation-sun-kil-moon-universal-themes/franchises/premature-evaluation/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

dogs lol

off sun kil moon?
its either duk koo kim or birds of film

Mistress (Piano Version)

No, his entire discography

1. Strawberry Hill
2. Salvador Sanchez/Pancho Villa
3. Mistress
4. Down Colourfull Hill
5. Micheline
6. Katy Song
7. The Possum
8. San Geronimo
9. Gustavo
10. Tonight The Sky
11. Japanese To English
12. Bens My Friend
13. Never Ending Math Equation
14. By The Time That I Awoke
15. This Is My First Day and I'm Indian and I Work at a Gas Station
16. Jim Wise
17. Alesund
18. Ali/Spinks 2
19. Duk Koo Kim
20. Like The River
21. Revelation Big Sur
22. Carry Me Ohio
23. He Always Felt Like Dancing
24. Heron Blue
25. Grace Cathedral Park

1. Duk Koo Kim
2. Katy Song
3. River
4. Michael
5. Carry Me, Ohio

Lost Verses is his best

this

Duk Koo Kim (/ Si Paloma)
Medicine Bottle
Katy Song
I Watched the Film the Song Remains the Same (or pick pretty much any song off Benji)
Gustavo

San Geronimo
Have You Forgotten
Lost Verses

Good to see Duk Koo Kim getting dropped ITT because... c'mon. Honestly think he's still coming out with some of his best stuff. This year is gonna be amazing.

Love seeing Kozelek love

1. Katy Song
2. Carissa
3. Medicine Bottle
4. Carry me Ohio
5. Take Me Out
6. Down Colourful Hill
7. Duk Koo Kim
9. Alesund
10. Strawberry Hill

Thats just off the top of head without much thought though

Interesting telephone interview with the Koz man youtube.com/watch?v=RCJ8Qq6A8mk

Carry Me Ohio
Down Colorful Hill
Japanese To English
Salvador Sanchez
Glenn Tipton
Moorestown
King Fish
Katy Song
Tonight the Sky
You Missed My Heart
Gustavo
Priest Alley Song
What Happened to My Brother
Medicine Bottle
Micheline
Michigan
Cruiser

Slightly surprising amount of overlap in fave tracks here. His stand outs realllly stand out.

Oh nice, thanks for sharing, he hasn't done a whole lot of live recorded interviews

Peter Kozelek here

thoroughly disappointed no one mentioned Moorestown it is Marks best song

It's a good track Peter, but it ain't no Lost Verses or Tonight In Bilbao

Peter Kozelek here

Mark is shit pig

Mistress
Medicine Bottle
Katy's Song
Grace Cathedral Hill

My pleb list. Goes without saying that I think the first two RHP albums are far and away higher quality than everything he subsequently released.

stereogum.com/1709766/mark-kozelek-i-love-you-but-youre-bringing-me-down/franchises/sounding-board/

Cryyyyyy Me a River Williamsburg Sleeve Tattoo Blues

stereogum.com/1805043/premature-evaluation-sun-kil-moon-universal-themes/franchises/premature-evaluation/
>Michael went to see Kozelek play the Music Hall Of Williamsburg and didn’t enjoy the experience
>Kozelek evidently didn’t appreciate that, and that’s why we have “Cry Me A River Williamsburg Sleeve Tattoo Blues.”
>[Michael's] pretty dumbstruck about this whole thing
Miiiiichaaaael

>That happened in early 1995, after attending an autograph session with the late Peter Steele, of Type O Negative, at the now-defunct None Of The Above Records, in Centereach, Long Island. Someone in the room asked Steele if he’d heard any good new bands, and he told us, those days, he was listening to nothing but Red House Painters.

Thats funny, i was randomly listening to alternating Mark K/Type O Negative when i made this thread a couple hours ago. Never read that before. Pleasant coincidence

How do you think Mark will be remembered in the future?

Will his output remain cult favorites or will Red House Painters/Sun Kil Moon ever achieve popular recognition, in retrospect?

Like, to the point where you could bring his name up to people who are into pop music with the likes of say, Robert Smith, and they'd know who you're on about. He's not there yet, and I'm not sure he ever will be, but I think he deserves to be.

From RHP: Medicine Bottle

From SKM: Richard Ramirez Died Of Natural Causes

his popularity peaked with red house painters, benji was a hit true, but universal themes didnt generate anywhwere near as much buzz desu

1. Japanese to English
2. Medicine Bottle
3. Grace Cathedral Park
4. Salvador Sanchez
5. Cruiser

it was too weird to generate any buzz on the same level. Benji was well received in part thanks to shorter, more straightforward song structures.

>no 24

Can't drop this list fast enough

i can see kids like us carrying his legacy on and maybe somebody who gets to that pop level referring to mark being major influence. but overall nah its not gonna happen and thats fine for me.
Another songwriter i love like smog is even less known from mark and he dated Joanna newsom ffs
sucks but thats how it is :(

That Biffy Clyro guy's been singing his praises but it doesn't really matter because he's in Biffy Clyro.

>and he dated Joanna newsom ffs
and Cat Power

1. Young Love
2. Dragonflies
3. You Missed My Heart
4. Gustavo
5. Medicine Bottle