>why are you leaving
>how long have you been here
>favorite album

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1bSPNboKCzM
reddit.com/r/letstalkmusic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>why are you leaving
Share threads aren't what they used to be, rarely any discussion that's useful, mainly meme or b8 threads, no overall change
2012-14, the sporadically on and off until recently.
>favorite album
MPP

>Whose leaving this shit hole this year?

thisll be my 6th year on this shit fucking board. if only it were that easy

>why are you leaving
Shitty users and bad content
Too long, since 2011
>favorite album
Kid A
Go while you still can

Essentially when the thread dies is when I or anyone in the thread should leave. Been here for too long now...

I only really come back here out of curiosity, I left when this place was in it's prime 'Pitchfork is god' stage, it's still just a bunch of pathetic sub-urnab kids giving 10's to any pop album to try and make sure they don't look like a hipster and trying to speak black.
Been here since about 2012.
Favourite album is probably Pet Sounds.

None of you are leaving. You're here forever. See you all tomorrow.

Don't forget you're here forever

I didn't mind the p4k pop worship, at least there was SOME discussion. Now it's more or less 3x3, kpop, needle drop, SoundCloud threads. If there is ever someone starting discussion on an album they love or a genre it gets ignored and beat tf down by autist anons
You'll be here tomorrow

I will leave if i get bored otherwise i will stay
on and off since 2011
julia holter - loud city song

Good FUCKING album. Bought that on vinyl used for like $8. Total steal.

>why are you leaving
I probably won't
since 2010
>favorite album
Einstürzende Neubauten - Halber Mensch

Yeah I started in the summer of 2011...i can't stop

been here since 2010 and im never leaving
this board has always sucked only difference now instead of metal and indie its hip hop and pop

prefab sprout - swoon

sick senpai good cop. bet it sounds really nice too

I'm obsessed with prefab sprout
>cue fanfare
So you like any of their other albums?

>Einstürzende
I don't think you'll ever get to discuss them here, get out and hit a record store while you can.
Go ahead and leave now and spread wings
It sounds amazing.

>why are you leaving
90% of threads are grimesfags, black people music or weebs
>favorite album
Bjork - Medulla

So since some of us are here and soon to be leaving...
>What did you actually like about Sup Forums?
>What so you wish showed up here more often? I.e. Album discussion less memeing?

The grimes threads are so frequent, which is fine because I like her even though I didn't at first. Before you showed up those used to be animal collective generals believe it or not. Also medulla is great what do you enjoy about it?

It's the only place aside from forums that I can think of to discuss openly weirder left field music that isn't indieheads, because before indieheads Sup Forums was the only place to go
>What so you wish showed up here more often? I.e. Album discussion less memeing?
Exactly that. More discussions. Which is so hard to maintain. The only good threads are the shugazi threads

i love all of them tbqh even paddys solo stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=1bSPNboKCzM

It's so friggen good. That and the acoustic demos on the Steve McQueen reissues are excellent. Protest songs are great as well. I don't see enough PS discussion here.

I like the memes and finding new music. There is always going to be discussion I (you) don't care about and I think the hide thread function is a great boon. Right now there are always a bunch of shitty generals but overall I think the discussion on here is alright, would be nice to have more. The shitpost threads make me smile though. I just want to have fun and learn new things

>why are you leaving
worst kind of userbase consisting of people who accessorise music
mostly consists of newfags and tourists
generals are shit, sharethreads aren't good anymore
people with good taste are all self important fuckheads

five years

>favorite album
pic related

>why are you leaving
too much grimes/general female pop musicians discussions, hip-hop generals/pop-rap discussions and attentionwhoring through last.fm, soundcloud, bandcapm threads. during maybe one or two interesting threads the rest of the board is filled with absolute cancer.
since 2012. it wasn't much better back then.
>favorite album
van morrison - astral weeks and aphex twin - selected ambient works vol II share the first place.

That's true. Very optimistic for Sup Forums. The filter function is great and NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE use it. Most people don't lurk enough to know what it is. Idk I tried creating discussion generals every day but they just died. Also just general shitpost spamming got old.
Same here user. Also great album love boredoms.
At least what you posted as bad is sometimes discussion worthy, just not up to what you want. Do you filter things ou? I don't like some of the discussion either but I turn a blind eye

I will say in 2012 there were threads that appealed more to my liking that's for sure. Animal collective generals, great sharethreads, better bandcamp threads believe it or not. Not as many spam threads.

>Idk I tried creating discussion generals every day but they just died.
generals are always horrible. discussions should ensue out of an interesting op post, not because it's forced. this is why this board is so horrible.

/kpop/ general, /hiphop/ general, /grimes/ general, /bjork/ general, /bleep/, /soundcloud/, /bandcamp/ and way more are all not worth visiting because they try to force discussion.

and i do use filters but the only threads that remain are female pop music, b8 threads and maybe one or two interesting threads which is just not worth it to browse for such a long time.

>generals are always horrible discussions should ensue out of an interesting op post not because it's forced this is why this board is so horrible

Well if what I wasn't doing right for discussion then I don't know how to spurr discussion here.

Yeah, I think the generals are shitty but it is nice to have a containment thread for those things that you can just hide

>why are you leaving
Sup Forums overload has essentially destroyed any prospects of any musical discussion.
Any good thread is now turned to shit by pol b8

Since 2014

>favorite album
pic related

the music discussion was both free and entertaining. the memes were pretty dank 2.

it's not really that I want something to show up here more, rather i'd me nice if there was less Sup Forums b8.

Every once in a while there's a decent general. The best I can think of was a Pavement one that occurred that closed because it hit like 250 posts. But that was once or twice 2-3 years ago if that...
Oddly enough the memes and jokes here were fresh, but they got so repetitive and stale after a while and I just got bored of it. Obviously that has nothing to do with music discussion but entertaining none the less. I haven't noticed any Sup Forums baiting, is it really ruining threads?

this is true to be honest. people talked about more interesting music back then aside with pitchfork's flavour of the month instead of just only pitchfork's flavour of the month.

making interesting threads spawns the best discussion i think. i never said you were wrong. anybody trying to do something interesting on this hellhole of a board is only to be encouraged.

pic related is why this board is dead and fucked.

>>why are you leaving
sick of the grimesfags avoiding filters and spamming about her in any thread, also sick of every kid on this board pretending to like albums until their precious p4k/anthony doesn't give it a high score and then claims it as bad. also sick of the sjw vs pol debate threads. wish both would fuck off
>>how long have you been here
since 2012
>>favorite album
pic related

good taste itt

i really like bjork's music but the fanbase is abhorrent

Yes, whenever people don't agree with something (in most cases it involves a black artist) 'discussion' is reduced to BLM, alt-right, and libtard nonsense and b8. the music most of the time isn't even addressed.

As much as I love pitchforks variety and scope, Sup Forums just discusses OMG WHAT SCORE, KANYE IAN COHEN and that shit gets nowhere. We all know why we dislike pitchfork, but what about their music coverage do we like and what about the music?
That's true, idk I tried to make interesting threads with the hope of creating discussion and that didn't always work. Also this board can be a meme women oggling board, hence the picture you posted. No one discusses Annie clarks music, only her looks
The critic worship of the album or dislike to a fan is manna to them. I SWEAR it always happens with albums. Like animal collective with CHz people FUCKING loved it. And then the critics happened. Cliche but fucking sheep around here. Love that album too

Damn I must be looking in the wrong threads. Although that sort of board leakage tends to happen and die off after a while. Idk trolls and shitposters are the ones causing Sup Forums to suck less and less although that's always been the case

Yeah Bjorks fan base can be a little annoying. It's like any female musician with talent and looks. "Dem thicc thighs" or "sit on my face queenie." Shit nig what about the b sides.

>No one discusses Annie clarks music, only her looks
completely agree. this is why we need an /celeb/ board where people can post pictures and discuss their bodies of work and actually discuss music on Sup Forums.

Good idea. But since we're all leaving this shithole it doesn't matter

Alright, good thread so far
What are some recommendations of other forums where we can discuss music, I only know of Sup Forums and that's why I keep coming back here.

>/r/indieheads
Actual discussion based on New and current music. Don't be turned off that it's reddit it's a great source
>record stores
I'm not being sarcastic get out there and see people

The larger subreddits always seem to only cover the major releases tho as that's what's upvoted, i'm looking for discussion about everything, that's what I liked about Sup Forums before all the bullshit.
try this subreddit, I think it's better than indieheads
reddit.com/r/letstalkmusic

Ahh. Yes that sub is great. Indieheads if you find certain recommended threads and such you can discuss anything but letstalk is probably much better. I still like indieheads although their recency bias is awful.

>why are you leaving
So much of this website is built around negativity and bitterness. Most posts on Sup Forums are about music people dislike rather than music people like. A lot of people defining their identities solely on what music they listen to, which makes them overly defensive when they see someone with different taste. Plus at a certain point it becomes difficult to find new music here once you've exhausted most of the little subcultures. But most of all the Sup Forums invasion over the last few months has made the board unusable. I actually only came back today to see if there were any end of year list threads.

Three and a half years maybe

>favorite album
Hard to say, probably Frances the Mute or Choirs of the Eye

Exactly! Negativity and defensiveness suck, the subculture used to get out amazing music back in 2012-2013 when this place still discussed new music as it appeared over the years i.e. Wilco, death grips, earl threads regularly appearing. Again I didn't realize how bad the pol threads were. I know there was general discussion in the daily and shugazi threads but that was it, and those daily threads were where the tripfags memed out if they weren't in band camp or other random 3x3 threads

>why are you leaving
I'm not. Despite all of it's flaws, I kind of like this board. Feels like home.

For about 6 and a half years now.

>favorite album
Probably Mezzanine by Massive Attack.

You'll be here tomorrow.

>Shorter of breath
>and one day
>closer to death

Also wasn't it so much better finding new music back then? There sharethhreads were amazing. It was all super up to date discographies and eps and albums of new artists and bands and not just random techno and jazz threads. I would stay on Sup Forumssolely to devote myself to having amazing sharethreads again because that created an excellent listening and sharing culture for music along with more circlejerking lastfm and rate me 3x3 threads. As memey as those threads were, I believe that stemmed from those sharethreads and now a new viewbase that wasn't here those years ago isn't familiar with the culture and filtering out posts.
Damn are there any aspects you like about this place over the past six years? Was one type of thread better or worse?

I've been on Sup Forums since 2012, and I left 2 years ago and now I'm back. This place feels like it's lost part of it's soul desu

I'm the same way user. It's so bizarre. Everything used to be faster paced and up to date and even though it could get old it was still the best place to discuss music if you could avoid trolls and such. God making threads back in 2012-13 was a great time. Maybe it was because I as new to this place but I swear it wa better
>in b4 Sup Forums was always shit

i only visit /lit/ and sometimes Sup Forums if i'm bored nowadays
>Don't be turned off that it's reddit it's a great source
no it fucking is not

defesiveness was what made this place good back then because it kept plebs out

100% true

Sup Forums was always shit but it mostly had better taste back then

Sup Forums used to be were the action is, and now it feels like a modern marilyn manson album

No I think the defensiveness made it WORSE because that turned into blind loyalty and refusal to see new artists if they were do against or for them.
I totally agree
In terms of this place being a baren edgelord central I also agree

>why are you leaving

obviously has been over-run by tumblrinas AND Sup Forums, the taste here is terrible, always talking about meme politics and beyonce and varg. I thought it'd go away its just gotten worse

>how long

5 years

>favorite album

jellyfish - spilt milk

>MPP
so your taste hasn't developed in the four years you've been here? we're better off without you

No it has, that album has just held up well and combines all of what I like into one album. Stop baiting

>are there any aspects you like about this place over the past six years?
This board was solely responsible for kindling my passion for music. If it wasn't for Sup Forums I would never have experienced as much good music as I have.

That said, the board has always been a mixed bag. Some of it good and some of it not so much. I don't think the board has gotten significantly worse over the years considering the fact that memes have been a prevalent aspect of Sup Forums for as long as I can remember.

>why are you leaving
I'm not. Sup Forums was never good, it had its decent threads, but I come here to shitpost primarily. Its really easy. Sup Forums, Sup Forums, /r9k/, Sup Forums, all places to shitpost now.

I used to come for the serious /comp/osition threads which were quite wonderful but eventually degraded into shitposting, and I don't have a copy of the original thread starting text.
on Sup Forums only in and out the past 3 years, on le4chanxDDDD since 2009
>favorite album
don't have a favorite.

lmao Sup Forums has always been gay as fuck so idk why this is a thing all of a sudden.

I agree 100%. It's never great it's never bad just good. It also rekindled my love for music and honestly when I came here I was so happy I could discuss my favorite genres and bands and the occasional meme. But recently this board feels like the person from high school who has nothing left and nowhere to go and it's bored all the time and is just waiting for something to happen. It's prime is so far gone and no one and nothing is bringing it back sadly and I wish there was a board overhaul to make this place amazing again but it'll never happen. Too many shitposters and angry fucks for that to happen sadly
I remember the competition threads. They were decent up until they disintegrated like many other threads.

This. I've been on this site for a while; Sup Forums since 2010. Unsure if it was any different before them, but afaik it's always been a mixed bag of memes, shitposting, and occasional music discussion.

It was decent at sometimes more than others. Although being on an internet board for too long is kinda bad

>this board feels like the person from high school who has nothing left and nowhere to go and it's bored all the time and is just waiting for something to happen
That's an eerily accurate statement. I don't think an overhaul of the board would accomplish much though, considering the shitposting and vitriol is something of a sitewide problem at this point. Maybe it's about time I make real life friends instead.

Same here. There's weren't many music fans like there are here at my uni which is surprising but I tried damned hard. Time to hit the city.

>all of a sudden
"Am out guise" have always been regular threads. I see them at least twice a month and I don't come here that often.

>why are you leaving
There's no diversity of taste or opinion.

Every single AOTY thread is consistently the top ~50 critically acclaimed albums of that year, every favorite [blank] album / 10/10 thread is the same ~300 classic Sup Forumscore albums, and every humor thread is a combination of both. The jokes aren't even funny anymore.

There's no reason to come here.

four years
>favorite album
>

i guess i come here on the off days then.

I always felt if you dug enough there was some diversity under the sheep heard follower mentality. Like if people were more into tiny mix tapes it would be so much better for diversity. It does stem into a pitchfork dicsuccion board more days which is ok, but usually the meme worthy stuff which DOESNT make for good discussion obviously.

If people actually civilly discussed those top albums and occasionally weirder ones this place would be 1000X better, but it never will.

You're the reason people are leaving

Where else is there to go? /r/Postrock seems cool.
Also +1 for Set Fire To Flames

the irony of this post is astounding

>he didn't leave in 2013 after the tripfags all left and only come here very sporadically
first day of the year, thought I would check this shithole after abstaining for like months

built to spill - perfect from now on

>why are you leaving
Never really joined, only visited a couple times a month as the discussions were boring
Eh, probably between 1-2 years
>fav album
Spirit They've Gone, Spirit They've Vanished

i only stay for kpg desu. everything else on this board is shit

I think I remember that. Luckily that's the first time I stopped coming here when I was on 24/7 then started getting tired of the memes....then I came back
Good album pick

>why are you leaving
I think mu is funny and I do still find good music here on occasion. I laugh a lot when I'm here too I think shitposts that are hq are worth it.

>how long you been here
Since fall 2014 I think. Not too long but I'm on here a lot, I consider myself an experienced mutant

>fav album lol
Uhhhh Gastr Del Sol - Upgrade and Afterlife, To Be Kind, Leaves Turn Inside You, Horses are some of my favorite rock records.

I just saw Patti Smith live it was awesome

Love gastr and patti. How was she live?

The real irony is taking offense to this pot and not thinking you're part of the problem.
Special Interest is good if you're into that kind of music + variants. I'm gonna keep to Apollo and PTH for now.

Good taste btw. ;o
This
There really is more disdain for Resident Advisor / Bookmat shit that there is more blatantly astroturfed music on this board. It's really is sad.

What are special interest, apollo and the other thing you mentioned? Wow really people hate in RE and bookmat! Great sites. Idk the discussion that has the POTENTIAL CAPABILITY to be discussed here never will and it's not organized and it's to such a fault..:Makes me sad because he ever it's tried to happen people shit on it and still complain and it never changes.

>why are you leaving
By most standards I've already "left", I just stop by maybe once a month for sharethreads.
First came around 2011.
>favorite album
pic related

Now that I think of it, you're right, I rarely if ever see people talking about her music on here, just her looks. I figured it wasn't as bad as the Charli/Marina circlejerks but it is.

And fantastic women artists who aren't super attractive get ignored too. Joni Mitchell is pretty but not drop dead gorgeous and you never see anything about her on here despite being an extremely notable artist and well loved by a lot of people.

>why are you leaving
ZOMG's k poop threed!

>implying the taste of the denizens of Sup Forums ever changes
The people who leave are generally the ones with advanced taste who don't cave in to the ptichfork nu-malecore that this board is obsessed with.

Yeah. It's a thing with Sup Forums, a virgin looks obsessed board shouldn't really be a surprise but I don't think I've ever seen a discussion on st Vincent's album progression and instrumentation. Just her feet and hair... but that will never change here

This is probably the best and easiest board to shitpost on, however, as a result of that, there is zero good musical discussion here.

Now the problem is why is that a thing?

Because unfunny tryhards don't know when the jokes stop being funny in different situations and they spam the board with memes and knock the threads that are aimed towards longer and more detailed discussion off the board in favor of mindless """jokes""". The only thing that's close to actual discussion on Sup Forums are the generals, and that's not saying much.

It's shit like that that makes me wish this board was more controlled and had a complete overhaul of how the people who post here work. It's the only place for discussion like it

There should honestly just be more boards in general on Sup Forums so as to allow for fun discussion in certain places and serious discussion in others, with the enforcement beings bans from serious boards if you shitpost there. The only problem is, for the shitposters, it's not fun and pointless to shitpost on a board that is solely for unadultered shitposting because then everything and everyone is just memeing and you're not messing with anyone because everyone who is there is already being ironic. It would be like Sup Forums.

Take all the words in this thread and make them into a thing. Clean up Sup Forums and make it a better place. More actual discussion, better sharetreads, interesting new content, less spamming of OG work unless it's good, less shitposting. Now is the time.

Yep I would love for that to be a thing. Also this is the largest and best thread I've ever made on Sup Forums aside from my sharethread a few days ago and oddly enough I am leaving. I can't come back I have to achieve some things and not argue with asshats on the internet without any actual stimulating musical discussion. I wish some people would clean this place up, like NYC in the 70's to what it is now. Cleaner and ultimately better.