Did anyone have eye surgery? I'm thinking about fixing my -3.5, but, to be honest...

Did anyone have eye surgery? I'm thinking about fixing my -3.5, but, to be honest, I'm a little scared about the operation.
Any experiences?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9crCGMh4j9g
youtube.com/watch?v=r3gQxFCBgXo
lasikcomplications.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hundreds of thousands of people do it.

Why would anyone be afraid of this procedure?

I'm not in your shoes but I wouldn't let shit touch my eyes.

Not popular in my country and videos on youtube look terrifying

Do it yourself at home with a box knife.
There's less stress and you don't have to do it in an uncomfortable environment surrounded by strangers.
Plus, it's basically free.

they use a lazer.

had it a few months ago, don't regret it.

mine were -4.5 in both eyes, the only major problems I've had is reduced night vision and dry eye in the mornings.

My stepmum had it done, she said it was a little unconfortable as you can't blink too much while they laser. She said it feels a bit warm. 2 years on and she wished she'd had done it sooner.

you're not allowed to blink at all.

The surgery I had makes the eye black out from pressure as the machine cuts the cornea open.

Also you vision will be sensitive to light for about the first month.

I had cataracts (shit old people have that makes them blind) taken out when I was 3 months old. They waited 4 days between each surgery, which caused my left eye to be almost 100% blind. I have to wear thick monster glasses all day everyday because I can't get contacts (they're too thick) and I can't get lasik because I have too much scar tissue. So my point being, they basically fucked my eyes up worse than if I would have kept my cataracts in. You're right to feel worried.

Thinking of this too but have -7.

I don't think anyone wants shit in their eye

Don't do it. Just wear glasses.

Risk of permanent headache or worse and your vision will need to be corrected when you're older anyway.

Google procedure + lawsuit, read up.

I had a hemorrhage in my eye and had to have surgery. They cut away all the blood filled vitreous humor from my retina, sucked it out, and replaced it with saline. I was pretty nervous about it the procedure at first, but then when I remembered I couldn't really see out of that eye so if it went bad it wouldn't be that big of a deal to lose the eye. Everything ended up being fine and I can see again. Just do one eye at a time if you're going to have eye surgery...

youtube.com/watch?v=9crCGMh4j9g

I'll do it for $50. You won't have to deal with any doctors or paperwork.

me and me mother had it done about 8 years ago. no complications so far but my eyes would get twitchy sometime for the first few years.

The pros far outweigh the cons. Get educated.

I've thought about doing this. I'm 21 with -1.5 do you Sup Forumsros think its worth it for me? Also, I agree it looks terrifying

Im terrified of this shit. If I did the surgery, would I be able to see them messing with my eye?

My wife had it ~10 years ago and regrets it. She doesn't need glasses during the day now, but she has weird vision problems in low-light conditions that she says are worse.

Seems like you've never had the surgery,

Your eyesight will degrade regardless of having surgery or not thats just part of the aging process.

I've never had headache from the surgery.

No, it just goes completely dark, which is even more terrifying

once they cut open the cornea you won't be seeing much until the surgery is over.

Don't do it OP

youtube.com/watch?v=r3gQxFCBgXo

Yeah but it fucked me up.

Removing cataracts and having corrective eye surgery are two different things.

They probably should have waited til you were older but if they had left it in and never did anything about it you would be completely blind.

Ya , I had an eye removed when I was 5 years old. My first memories are screaming as I am strapped to a hospital bed.

Look at me I turned out completely normal. Just on Sup Forums lookin to touch myself.

not with a -3.5 my dude. especially if he has astigmatism.

doctor will most likely recommend replacement of his natural lens with an artificial one.

Don't let the trolls sway you. If you spend good money and go somewhere reputable, you'll be fine.

I'm paranoid as shit about my eyes but i just had it done two weeks ago and love it. It's not as bade as you think. Just go bladeless.

What they will not tell you is that 20% of patients experience some sort of complications.
Loss of night vision, sore and dry eyes and even infections.

i had -6.5 & astigmatism in each eye.
got lasik in 2008.
wish i would have done it sooner.

For something like Lasik it is not 20%. Are you high? You reading lasik horror stories on the internet user?

nah is this true? i thought laser worked for around -3.75 as well

how much does it cost

Also what are these numbers people are writing like -3.5 etc

Had both eyes done in 2010, best money I've ever spent. The freedom of not needing glasses is worth the cost alone.

The surgery itself is painless (you just feel a little bit of pressure). The next few days kinda suck but they give you numbing drops.

>do it

what was your prescription?
around 900 per eye, and prescription

-3.5? Get on my level, faggot.... -7.5 here

>use to think glasses were gay
>got lasik
>now i think glasses are cool
>no use for them

I had a -4.5 in both eyes.

Astigmatism will be a problem but some of the newer machines can fix that as well.

But if its straight Myopia then its no issue.

Get fake glasses for style? Still no hassle behind it unless you are bent on maintaining that facade

idk what's going on with OPs eye.
this was the situation with mine.
was $1700 per eye in 2008.

NO! That will make you a hipster faggot. Do not be a hipster faggot.

OP here
-3.5 on both eyes, no astigmatism. Just regular myopia.

The doctor I had had a whole list of antibiotics I had to take before and after surgery, infection risk is low if you follow the instructions.

Your eye will be sore for several days after the surgery but after that no, it won't hurt.

Dry eye does happen but for its only in the mornings after waking up that its a problem, I put a few eyedrops and don't have a problem with it the rest of the day.

Yes I have reduced night vision too but its not unbearable and you're not completely blind at night either, I would gladly exchange a slight loss of that than go back to not being able to make any detail out over 6ins from my face.

Its closer to 1000 an eye now, and that includes follow ups and the prescriptions.

Oh and I should add if anything does go awry and the vision isn't perfect, they would have redone the surgery, for free, after a certain amount of time.

Where the fuck do you people live? It was like 1500 per for me.

Coming from someone who had the surgery literally 2 weeks ago I can assure you its painless due to the numbing agent they put in your eyes. Maybe a little pressure during the first part of the procedure but they gave be xanax to keep you completely chilled out (not that I needed it the procedure really isn't that bad) but it will be over in 15 minutes and you can see for possibly the rest of your life. FUCKIN DO IT 8/8 decision.

They can do up to -10/12 depending on the thickness of the cornea. There's more risks and chance of haloing though

I was -2.5 in both eyes. Had laser surgery. I have some focusing issues since and mild haloing at night. I would still truly recommend it

20/20 vision now

lasikcomplications.com/
I personally would only do it if my eyes were really bad.

That website is so sensationalized. I took it too my doc and she went through and talked me through all the points it brings up.

>hurr durr, my eyes are so dry I literally will commit suicide

Give me a break.

Addendum that I forgot to mention, a lot of these were made by people who had shitty doctors who gave people lasik that shouldn't have had it done i the first place for the risk of complication.

Everyone's eyes are different and some doctors will see anyone to get that money.

Like the Jewish ones.

They screen people at the place I went to for depression or OCD for this exact reason

They said openly that most people get increased night glare but it's fine if you don't get worked up about it

It's up to you, of course.
Both my eyes were -8.0, and it was so bad that I needed the help. Had PRK, photorefractive keratectomy.
Expensive as hell, but less risky in the long run compared to lasik (or at least that's what I've read).
No regrets, cuz had a great doc.

Can someone please explain this shit to me?
Why the fuck is he doing this?

It isn't that bad I had it done 5 weeks ago

Read a comment about schizophrenia. Btw there are more vids of him.

Where? Any source?

Wait, is he Australian?