How does one draw?

How does one draw?
Pic related. I felt good about it the entire time, until I finished. Then I hated it. And I also realized I was making outlines for no reason.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!2RARFaLA!VTiQb6eRXfV4V6mYQ6FJTA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is that a signature? You drew a shitty eye ffs, not a masterpiece

I love you user.

Nothing personal, just don't do that for simple sketches m8. Other than that, draw what you see, not what you imagine you see. What you do is called symbolism - when you draw an object the way you think it looks like. Don't do that either.

Love,
user

I do it for anything since it reminds me to stop fiddling with it afterwards.

Lots of love,
user.

Also, if you want art advice, go to /ic/ bro

Bit of Love,
user

I drew this today on PS

Good point. I'll actually do that next time, I forgot boards other than Sup Forums and /lit/ exist. Thanks.

More love than a bit,
user.

Glad I could help, hope you make it

A mediocre amount of love, since too much would be kinda gay,
user

Patience is key.
No matter how much skill we acquire, our ambitions are always five steps ahead, keeping us frustrated at worst, humble at best.

Never let that stop you from drawing though.

Don't seek for perfection, rather be satisfied with what you've accomplished and keep drawing
Also use references, especiall for things like shading and stuff
Here's a mega link for a bunch of books on drawing
mega.nz/#F!2RARFaLA!VTiQb6eRXfV4V6mYQ6FJTA

lol the eye is shit

Learn that everything is made up of a few basic shapes
Master those
That eye you drew is a flat as fuck

Learn how light reacts on objects

Learn anatomy. Even drawing cartoon shit you need to know how bones and muscles influence what you see on skin

Then maybe find an artist you like, follow them and see what you can pick up from them

Best advice, PERIOD!

Turn the page over and try again from the mirrored picture

Yeah this. Youre thinking eye, so your brain says "eye", therefore you generalize your brains idea of what an eye looks like onto the page. Which can work, but not for realism. You have to carefully observe each shape within the eye that you see to get the proper form and proportion.

Aside from that, the range of values is barely expanding past the light/medium range. Go to walmart and pick up a pack of staetdler drawing pencils. The 2H-8B pack is like $10, but its that 8B that ypure really looking for. Staedtlers version of the 8B is as dark as charcoal, but doesnt smudge as such, so its great for getting some nice controllable value in your drawing. And last but not least, speaking of smudging, pick up a tortillon. The tortillon is the artists tightly rolled joint for blending perfection. Then its practice makes perfect from there on out.

-BFA Drawing major

Ps. Dont sign your work.

Pic related, a 3x4' charcoal drawing i did for a school project.

wow

Yeah. Whoah. Thank you.

It's easy, op. Just follow this webm.

my best

Like so, but it takes years and Im just ok.

Drew this Emma Watson a while back

kek

also
Burne Hogarth and Loomis are your friends

Buy some art books for fucks sake. Watch youtube videos. Pratice practice practice
>shadows drapery
>vantage
>texture
>edges

Ditto, especially the practice part

Draw Light, don't draw lines