/who/ - Doctor Who General

Creature from the Pit edition

What does /who/ think of the Doctor sucking alien cocks?

Last thread (with most recent DWM dump)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/735797772994121728
youtube.com/watch?v=PxcMCr_lA7M
filescdn.com/wlhimy2nognl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

(The creature growls nearby.)
DOCTOR: How big is it?
ORGANON: Huge.
DOCTOR: Huge? How huge? Hundred feet?
ORGANON: Perhaps two.
DOCTOR: Huge.

I really liked this episode when I first watched it desu.

Hi organon

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Come back and make /who/ comfy again. The threads have been awful lately.

>Oh, you've redecorated... I love it!
FINALLY

Accurate desu.

This is actually one of the best "B-Movie" Whos, by any objective standard total shit but quite fun to watch.

So that still might not be an episode clip...
>mfw Dalek-free season still possible

Does this remind anyone else of the chocolate bandit meme?

>And we've kind of got to tell a lie: we'll go back into history and there will be black people where, historically, there wouldn't have been, and we won't dwell on that. We'll say, 'To hell with it, this is the imaginary, better version of the world. By believing in it, we'll summon it forth'.

First of all props to him for acknowledging that, I remember that one user who hated Magician because he thought it was all "quotas" or whatever. At least Moff has thought it out more than that, agree or disagree with him as you will. (Personally I think his heart's in the right place, but there's also a danger in making history seem nicer than it really was...)

Also,
>By believing in it, we'll summon it forth
War in Albion confirmed??

I'm really surprised to see Moffat hold that view actually. Personally I favour the idea of portraying a better world without prejudice over having gritty explorations of bigotry. Except, I don't think my preference for the extends to history. I think when you portray the past as being happily absent of racism you run the risk of just making it seem like that's how history always was, like you want to hide racism from your country's history.

Having said that, it would be awful if every time Bills went to the past she was met with depressingly realistic racism. Realism shouldn't rob a character of being able to have fun adventures, at least in Doctor Who.

>War in Albion confirmed??
More like an agent of the Faction, "new kind of history" indeed

>The part has been offered to a black actor and it didn't work out

So basically one of these actors could just come forward and stop all the flak the show gets for being "White male-centric" but instead they probably tweet about how racist the show is

Does it even get criticized for that outside of your more extreme Tumblr types? I've seen more complaints about the "woman in her 20s from modern London" thing

>while the Menoptra Vrestin - played by a woman and addressed throughout as male - has the distinction of being the show's first trans character
Jesus Christ.

what the fuck are you talking about IDIOT

You mean agent of the Enemy.

>an alien character is trans because of the gender of the actor
So what about all the female Slitheen that had male people inside the costumes, or vice versa? Where they trans too?

Is this the new DWM?

Thanks m80

>there's also a danger in making history seem nicer than it really was...)
Even Jack Graham agrees that accurately reflecting the material social circumstances of history in the background of Doctor Who is less important than giving job opportunities to a range of human beings.
But yeah I don't think we need another The Shakespeare Code situation

Yeah, because there are so few black actors on British television. Like I'm not one to get triggered by seeing a minority onscreen, but it's getting kind of ridiculous to keep acting like blacks are in any way underrepresented on tv.

This is now a Moffat's huge crush on Jenna thread:

twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/735797772994121728

>twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/735797772994121728
why do you keep posting links to this cunt's twitter feed?

>the companion reveal clip was literally one of the audition scripts

that all but confirms it's not intended to be part of an episode despite the BBC's marketing

phuck oph girlyletters

I liked the penis monster, it was pretty cool.

There's a reason why sci-fi spaceships have to use warp of hyperspace to travel between stars and the same reason Blacks should not just be in medieval Europe.

>I'm just getting down on Episode 1
>April 27
>just getting down on Episode 1
>just
>JUST

>it doesn't start shooting till July
>till July
>July
>July of the 2016th calendar year of our good lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth

I fucking hope he has already written the Christmas special and it's just about to film and it's the actual series 10 that starts filming in July.

>she's not from the 80s

FUCK
S10 IS RUINED

He says the same sort of stuff about Tennant. You think he has a crush on David?

If anything, Blacks are overrepresented in minor roles on British TV, though they still get fuck-all lead parts. Asians are massively underrepresented though.

NO IT'S GOAT

>Asians are massively underrepresented though.
This desu. I see far more Asians and Arabs around me than I do blacks but there's hardly any on the TV.

I liked the way race was handled in the Shakespeare code and human nature, it was addressed even though it wasn't the centre of the story.

I get that Who is escapism but I don't think pretending those things didn't exist isn't ding anyone any favours.

>literally does not care about historical inaccuracies

>Bill cracking meta jokes all the time

pls let this be innaccurate

But it was handled badly in Shakespeare Code imo.
"Walk like you own the place" Really?

I'd like to see a story where historical attitudes to race and sexuality were explored rather than handwaved or ignored entirely.

>falling for moffat lies
he's not gonna reveal everything so soon

Yeah I don't remember it being handled at all in that. Just brought up and dismissed.

I would too, not in a preachy way

they acknowledged she was a black women in the 1700's but didn't make the focus of the episode.

>Even Jack Graham agrees that accurately reflecting the material social circumstances of history in the background of Doctor Who is less important than giving job opportunities to a range of human beings.
But if you start thinking that way, that real world actors are more important than immersion, where does it end? Does it become a moral imperative to write stories specifically for the purpose of hiring actors from groups that don't have enough acting jobs (and yes, I'm aware that some see it that way)? Do you start hiring people who can't act because, well, it's not fair that they don't get their chance, we don't want to discriminate them?
I can see that a big crowd scene where we see people who shouldn't be there for like two seconds out of the need to hire as many people as possible isn't the same as the extreme examples I made, but that's a practical compromise, not a point of pride.

Has anyone even seen an Indian/Pakistani/Arabic SciFi product?
I mean a quality product, not Turkish Star Wars or one of those things.

what?

Is anyone else greatly upset about T.Bakes saying he'll be dead soon?

>blacks
yikes, guys

Are you mentally ill or just a moronic cunt?

i like the man but hes 82, It's not surprising desu

please leave

Tom is always saying that.

Please fuck off you arrogant prick.

stop

A story set around the American civil war or British colonialism could handle it well. I'd also like them to address racism towards alien races such as the Sontarans. IMO referring to them as potato heads is tantamount to calling a nigger a nigger.

>tfw we FINALLY got to see the corridors of Ten's TARDIS
This series is great. Not quite up there with Steve Parkhouse or Scott Gray's DWM runs (yet), but great all the same.
Why is anything with Osirans in it so good?

I agree. That type of abuse should not come from the Doctor. Neither should there be any abuse for not being tall it encourages bullying at schools.

>"Well there was a long time when I thought i'd only do three years" he begins. "That was the absolute plan. In 2007, once Russell had decided to leave. Jane Traner said to me "Will you do four years?" I said "I'll do three" But I didn't enjoy my third year as much. It was a bit miserable.

series 7 confirmed for shit

Artwork these days is so bland and generic.

jesus christ dude. how can you sit there and stand up for a fictional alien and then say horrible racist shit? go back to Sup Forums

The conmci strip in DWM 500 was great.

All the old favourites in there

Eh, true. The art doesn't hold a candle to stuff like Voyager or The World Shapers, but I was mostly talking about the interesting arcs and the scope of the stories.

Not to mention the penis monster is held prisoner by a woman.

It will be hard to beat Scott Gray's run.

it's not canon
this is all you're ever going to get, and it's just a green screened CGI version of the already existing console room

>I came to tell you that I have looked at all possible futures, and in every one the outcome is the same... You have to die.

Based Clara

could be worse

The heart had exploded you idiot.

youtube.com/watch?v=PxcMCr_lA7M

that doesn't prove me wrong
Journey to the Center was full of random shit that looked nothing like tardis archetecture because they overblew their scope and had to resort to random pre-existing locations rather than purpose built sets

>that butt
wew lad

Go back to tumblr. Also please do not profane the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

Wait... is Clala already gone in the comics? So much for their "glory years"

the Tv budget will never live up to our imaginings of what the Tardis interioir could look like

Yes he's travelling alone now.

Where can I read that comics?

Do you recommend watching Torchwood? I saw the first episode and thought it was rubbish.

Spoilerhounds are saying something is happening at 4pm UK time

Go to Sup Forums and go to the "win-o" threads.
They're usually posted there.

filescdn.com/wlhimy2nognl

Slightly better than some of RTD and Moffat's shit.

I only saw children of earth

Thanks a great bunch my dear.

Parkhouse is my favorite out of what I've read so far (I'm still missing 11's DWM run and the IDW stuff, though by all accounts that's not very good), but yeah, Gray's Eighth Doctor stories set the bar for "modern" Doctor Who comics (I don't think you could have something like The Tides of Time or Voyager today).
Still, I'm looking forward to seeing where the Tenth Doctor stuff is going.

I didn't know Jenna was in capeshit

No, it's shite. Even Children of Earth was shite.

I was forced to watch the first series by an ex. I hated it. I never saw any of the others.

Out of curiosity maybe. It has some fun stuff and you, I assume, endured Doctor Who, so you can probably hand it.

Episodes that are not as stupid as others:
>Ghost Machine
>Small Worlds
>Greeks Bearing Gifts (Or is it? Nobody but me likes it)
>Out of Time
>Captain Jack Harkness/End of Days
>Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
>Sleepers
>To The Last Man
>Reset/Dead Man Walking/A Day in Death
>Something Borrowed (It was some stupid fun)
>Fragments/Exit Wounds
>Children of Earth

Then watch Miracle Day if you are into trainwrecks

best 5 seconds of that movie

Never take /who/'s opinion for anything
/who/ hates everything

>ywn

SJA was good though.

Fuck off gaylord

torchwood was legit shit though
you can trust /who/ on that one for once

Only if you are an infantalized queer.