How do you get over an 8 year relationship? Can't forget her

How do you get over an 8 year relationship? Can't forget her.

Inb4 KYS.

Check'd

What a bad time to get satans trips.

the psychologists say that men never truly get over anyone that they've loved, women have it worse initially but they get over it better, the only way to move on faster is to post their nudes on Sup Forums

I was in a relationship for about 6 years. Fraught with difficulties. It was very hard. You essentially grow up together and then split up and it's like you're not sure who you're even supposed to be.
The only way I was able to get through it was my friends. I also drank a shitload and tried to put myself in social situations, talk to other girls, etc.
Seeing her date someone else was very hard.

Quickest way to get over someone is to get under someone

Go out and fuck other bitches

Kill yourself?

You don't

Alcohol

Bump

and you never will forget..

>How do you get over an 8 year relationship? Can't forget her.
If you actually loved her you will never "get over" her. You will simply learn to tolerate the pain like you do any other tragedy that happens in life.

Just keep your shit together until the memories start to fade, which they will.

In the meantime keep your dignity, when you look back years later, you'll be glad of it.

Go on to youtube and listen to the black phillip show starring Patrice O'neal and Bill Burr's monday morning podcast advice. There's hours worth of material and you'll learn a lot. You'll realise women aren't as special as you endlessly make them out to be and you'll realise there's a lot more of them around you. It's probably going to take a while, and you're going to have to really want to move on. Best of luck bro.

"There's plenty of women" and "go fuck other bitches" won't help someone get over a relationship with someone they actually cared about and thought was special or important. The only times those things help are when you don't really care about the person that left.

I thought this was common sense.

It's really the only thing you can do. Major stepping stone

Yeah but when you have no choice and there is no return dwelling on the feeling of love is only poison to yourself

>thought was special or important
>thought
>past-tense
It's not an over night fix. There's going to be scars sure but you have to disassociate that person with those feelings and find new ones.

couldn't tell you. to me someone has to have series mental issues to commit to someone for so long and then just cut them out of their lives like nothing. either she had really low self esteem and really hated you for very long or she has no soul and no compassion within her.

>when you have no choice and there is no return dwelling on the feeling of love is only poison to yourself
Rationality does not apply to emotions. This is like telling a suicidally depressed person "The world is your oyster!" and thinking it will cheer them up.

I recently have had a few dreams about a girl I loved many, many years ago. Got over it so long ago, moved on, grew up, got old. Subject never comes up unless remembering events she was present for.

Out of the blue have a dream and she's there. Creepy as fuck.

My point is, you're never going to totally get over it, not matter how many years. But you'll move on, and have new things in your life, and more life to live.

This user is right, but you can do things to help get you back on track sooner - or make things worse.

As shitty as it is, you absolutely have to get out of the house and in social situations. In a few breakups I learned new skills, took up new hobbies.

In the end it will be realizing that someone else also has emotional significance that will break the spell of obsessing over the memories of one person.

>faggot
an hero, live stream