If there's multiple universes, is there a way to (even just in theory) to cross over to another universe?

if there's multiple universes, is there a way to (even just in theory) to cross over to another universe?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BtqGCq87qOk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

DMT.

Unless you can find away to traverse through other dimensions, no. We would have to escape space time in this universe, not happening for us 3D creatures.

Also if you did, fuck knows how it would even work, there would neither be time nor space

Almost all legitimate physicists have dismissed the multiverse theory. It only got as much attention as it did because of Science Fiction. It relies on Super String Theory which is in itself a "theory" that is basically proven false.

Look up Quantum Field Theory if you want to know the closest thing there is to a multiverse, but you're going to be disappointed.

I think our universe is big enough to keep us occupied for awhile.

How can you go through something that doesn't have space dimension. Protip: you can't.

why is it disappointing?

You mean the physicists that agree with you are the ones you consider legitimate.

black holes

Nope. Not even possible to travel to another star within our own galaxy.

I think our big bang is the result of a collapsed star or black hole in another universe. The black holes in our universe create universes on the other side of them and so on...

Of course it's possible, it's just not worth the time or effort yet.

How high are you?

this

define "legitimate" you subjective cunt

At the moment? No.

In hundreds or thousands of years? Maybe.

Likely humans will ever do it? Probably not.

There may be other universes, we don't have sufficient data to determine if there are or not.

The only way to discover another universe is if it's colliding with us, and that's likely to cause problems.

Not that guy, but they usually dismiss it because it's impossible to prove nor disprove, so time is better spent on other theories. I've heard good physicists use the multiverse theory as a response to the fine tuning argument.

oh look at that, you've seen the show Kosmos, good on you buddy. Because you know, it's so TRUE right??

That's a legitimate theory. We're in a collapsed star in a 4d universe.

Not who you're replying to but I think this has been a common idea for a while now. We have always wondered what happens on the other side of a blackhole and with all that debris and material it swallows in, there is some logic behind it.

Cosmos*** btw

QUADS

The best and surest way to cross-over is to die.

Yeah, I'm not saying it's a bad idea but when I read his sentence I just heard the black science guy saying it exactly that way.

you die = cross over to another universe

Nice triples.

How does the cross over happen though? How do you get from here to there?

Dmt sends me out of all universes. Like I'm in a void between all universes. But I feel like Dmt is the reason I I wouldn't be surprised if there was more than just our universe because of how insignificant ours seems when I'm on the outside.

Do you faggots even CERN?

Does this count?

Yes, because altering your perception of reality with drugs is a good way to learn about your reality..

Our universes are like a book each page a diferent universe. If you can generate enough energy we can see one of the pages resting on top of our universe in theory of course.

checkdd

well..im just guessing here..but i think the ''soul'' witch is now free from your body is somehow able to break through to any random universe and install itself there into another vessel/body....im still working on this,,,so chill

lol, just do more drugs dude, eventually you'll get there ;)

open your mind dweeb.not your mouth

I didn't know this was on cosmos but I've thought about it for years.

Ain't having a go at you, just curious as to what others think about our world is all. All ideas are welcome.

Maybe, but so far we have no way of even detecting other universes, let alone travel to others

physicist here.

we are 4D creatures mate.
Also, the whole point of the multiverse theory relies in several dimensions.

that's not true.
superstring still unproven to be false.
it's just impossible to test experimentally with any extrapolation of our current technology.

i do.

Again, I didn't get it from cosmos, but probably some other documentary. Does it matter where I got it from? Do you not like the new cosmos series? Could you possibly be more of an autistic faggot?

This intrigues me..

So in these alternate universes would be still be on earth? Or would it be totally different, something we can't even comprehend in this "life"?

Yeah dude check it out, they visualize it pretty cool

Eat more pills pill head

Baba Vanga

Uhm in the alternate universe we all have dicks on top of our butts and we do not see eachother as "humans" but as "dickbutts"

Everything we know of is based on a collective experience. We've all shared experiences with eachother in order to further our knowledge.

There could be entire civilizations out there in a different galaxy, in the same universe that we simply cannot comprehend. There could be many, many things out there is existence within our own galaxy we have yet to comprehend.

Each universe writes its own story unique to one each other which is what isolates the pages from one another. In theory there could be one with another earth or maybe a universe with different laws of phsyics. The possibilities are endless.

Let's say that obviously in the entire universe, there is one civilization that is the most advanced. It would be pretty fucking dissapointing if that was us huh.

I think a different universe wherein the cosmological constants are such that the planets and galaxies don't have to be so far away would be cool. Well likely never know whether we are alone. There so fuckin far away.

"Universe" by definition means everything that exists.

There is literally no such thing as "another universe" because that place would still be part of our universe.

The word you're looking for is brane.

Funny how you try to explain the "unthinkable" with something thinkable like a book. Also very illogical

It would.

But I like to think that we're late to the party and that civilizations have come and gone, long before Earth even existed. Time is relative, so we experience the now. But many millions of years ago, maybe more or maybe less, a civilization existed that explored its solar system and created colonies on other planets.

A type 2 civilization may have existed that was able to harness the power of its own Star.

Who knows. But seeing the struggles we are experiencing right now with war and just the petty arguments we have, I cannot see us lasting long once we stop being a type 1 civilization, which is only a few hundred years away...

Multiverse theory grossly violates laws of conservation of mass and energy.

If we truly are 4d creatures as you state then please tell me why is it we see in 2d

I think at the moment we actually are a type 0 civilization, according to whatever theory that goes anyway. Heard that from that chinese science guy Michio Kaku or something.

Yes, anal sex.

Probably because you're blind in 1 eye.

And yes you're correct, I was thinking 1 step ahead. We are currently bordering on being a type 1.

And yea Kaku is a great guy, but Japanese.

oh, you mean those laws created by men? turns out they were WRONG :/ oopsiedoopsie

It's funny how much you miss the point. I'm not claiming anything as definite. I'm extremely epistemological. There is no answer to anything. There are no truths, there is only perception. In empirical scenarios, there are answers so to speak. I don't believe we can know anything, but I don't doubt shit like Germs and gravity and evolution. But in the grand scheme of things there's no knowledge to be gained, only reinforced perceptions. There maybe only our universe, maybe only one more universe for a total of 2. Maybe there is a million, a billion, maybe all our consciousness are just a program in a super computer. Maybe it's only me and you're all a figment of my imagination. Obviously there's a reality I live in, I'm sure you have one too. But the reality I've experienced has included smoking Dmt and being in a place devoid of anything that felt equally as real as what I experience day to day. Perception is everything.

>we see in 2d
nigga please, just put these on for a moment.

He also said he predicts Alien contact around 2075, pretty weird and broad prediction. Hopefully he's right though. Well, in case we won't get exterminated ofcourse.

we might be a type 0.7

lol

we are on our way to become a type one.
we might not make it though

Ok. So say if there existed the materials, technology, engineering, and massive amount of energy to do so. Then what. You "cross" into a vastness of dark matter. You can't cross back. Better have a fucking suicide pill with you.

What is theese types?

>I'm extremely epistemological. There is no answer to anything. There are no truths, there is only perception.
nice fucking flaw you got there bud. You first state you do not claim anything as definite, but then two sentences further you say: "THERE ARE NO TRUTHS, ONLY PERCEPTION"
that's a definite statement you moron.

Jim where I come frum we just old souls and we tell a funny sounding story about length and girth because if you're well known in dickbutt then you've got something going for ya later on in yer time in the thing they call "post".

Google "The Kardashev Scale"

It's a way of profiling how advanced a civilization is. Type 1 being what we're headed for. It means we are pretty much masters of our planet, we can harness the resources of the planet and can control the weather etc.

Type 2 being solar system and more advanced like harnessing the power of our Star.

watch this and see
youtube.com/watch?v=BtqGCq87qOk

put your summon sign down and wait for someone to pick it up

This whole experience was created for the entertainment of the observer('s), "free will" cuts down on writing costs.

Your living in a television show.

>It's a way of profiling how advanced a civilization is
based on its energy consumption only.

we are not asters of our planet. to become that we should harvest at least 90% of all the solar radiation that hits the Earth. We cannot control the weather yet my friend.

thanks mate

no. that's why any theory of multiple universes is generally not held in high esteem in the scientific community - because there is no possible way to ever prove it.

Each universe will theoretically have its own laws of physics. Therefor, traveling to another universe would be impossible.

that analogy is horrible

>based on its energy consumption only.
Not entirely no, but that is probably one of the bigger ways of telling. Type 1 means you have total control over your planet, from weather to volcanoes to earthquakes. You can build on water, you can build in the air.

>We cannot control the weather yet my friend.
That is exactly why I said that we are headed for Type 1. We aren't there yet and it's going to take a few hundred years more before we reach it.

yes, but you wouldn't want to kill all concious beings just so you could visit elephant-bike-people, would you?

Hitler wanted to kill millions of them so he could enjoy a peaceful retirement.

There is no telling what people would do for something else.

>accidentally travel to anti-matter universe
>explode
>cause chain reaction across the bridged universes
>both universes explode
sounds like fun

>"all concious beings"

I also said I don't doubt gravity and evolution, and germs. I can experience, or read about and see those things. I have a response to my "definite statement too, and I'm sure it'll drive ya wild. Maybe there are truths, maybe my perception of reality is completely wrong. The point is, I'm open to all possibilities. By feeling like is there is no real knowledge to gain, only new perceptions I feel I can be entertain more new ideas or possibilities as opposed to a "right and wrong". I still have opinions, I still regard facts as facts, I'm not delusional about what's going on around me, I just see what you see in a different light. It's annoying I'm sure because it's not really something you can argue against, because it'll always be met with a "maybe this, maybe that". But that's the fun of it, and it keeps me open to new ideas and philosophies.

they couldn't have made a better show? maybe with less darkness in the universe? boring fucks

you are wrong.
Type 1, as in Kardashev's scale type one, is defined as a civ that consumes 10e14 watts which is around the amount of solar radiation that reaches the Earth.

There is no possible way *we know of* to prove ANYTHING to be absolute truth.
>because there is no possible way to ever prove it.
You're excluding the possibility of a way to ever proof it? Good job knucklehead, you are a moron like all the others.

Reddit.com/r/dimensionaljumping

Fine, we are still not there yet though and won't be for a while.

not necessarily. the transition between the 7th dimension and above will be differently tuned, but not all the dimensions below 6. those correspond to different evolutions of possible free will states.

yeah. if we don't kill each other first...

I do. Because if you knew anything you'd know that it is in fact very possible to prove that things cannot be proven. You fucking retard americunt.

Do you really not know what dreams are? Your conscious needs something to do while your body rests so it hops into another universe. It's still connected to your body in this reality, so you come back when your body wakes up.

No

>You can prove things that cannot be proven
That's a big ass oxymoron if I've ever seen one.

Just pointing out the illogical. When you claim there are no definite things, you already claimed that to be definite.

In case you're not getting it: When you say "everything is subjective", you're making that objective.

You might still misread this however.

absolutely not.