How many of you newgafs starting first year of college monday? oldfags, any advice?

how many of you newgafs starting first year of college monday? oldfags, any advice?

study

>Return
how was studying like for you user

tons of caffeine for 10 hrs+ day in the library starting one week before the test

major and accumulative GPA?

BS in engineering with a 3.3 gpa I think, class of 2015

Get ready to fuck alot of pussy and watch your girlfriend get fucked by multiple guys at frat parties. It'll happen...

nice..any other major key advice

thats fine im a cuck

go to your TA's office hours, they will basically do your hw for you and give you insider tips for exams

Take that shit seriously. Don't do some bullshit liberal arts degree.

>mfw I got my phd

What school you go too?

Is this true?

It's just like any other day at highschool only the people are more mature/tired so there will be way less talking and way more studying, which is what you should be doing.

Focus on your classes, don't try to make friends or try to impress the hot girl two seats in front of you, keep your grades up and friends and maybe a girl will follow.

tl;dr Your classes and grades are everything, pay no attention to the 20something other people in your class, you're here for yourself.

what you studying?

I dropped out of community college 3 times, finally said fuck it, pushed through, and made it to university where i dropped out again LOL, don't go into accounting, boring as shit

>And that why friends, this user is still a virgin

>not finishing high school before Sup Forums existed

underage b&

girlfriend and i going to the same college/same classes... small college no party scene/college life whatsoever.. did i fuck up? love this girl a lot

Yo fucking fresh meat. Go to your fucking classes and do your god damn homework. That's ALL it takes for the first couple of years, your mom could do it you twats

Make sure to find the safe space zone on your campus and spend as much time as possible in it.

Set aside time to study and to do your work, every day. Show up to class even when you don't want to. If you have mental health issues, address them ASAP, because they can affect your education.

Befriend a professor in your degree field. They have knowledge of things youll face in your career and also they will put in a good word once you start applying.

University of Arizona

How old are you?

Turbo kek

Nigga you fucked up pretty bad

That breakup is gonna be awkward as hell.

Not cool

For ever hour of class, study two hours for it. Simple as that.

hahahaha have a good time man it's probs the craziest school

They have schools in Arizona now?

You meant ASU.

Queue Ted 2 jokes.

An Hero

well obviously knew that before i signed up but said to myself what the hell.. she really is a nice girl though i didnt mind risking it

Topest of keks. If you're in any kind of engineering, user, uni is pretty much useless, you're only there for the cert so you can get past the initial HR screenings.

You can get the best out of it by making friends, and this means drinking together, or maybe just fucking talk to people. I got most of my jobs through those connections later, and let me tell you, it simplified my life greatly.

Or maybe not being 100% autistic helps too.

>look at user he focuses on school what a virgin!

at least try to hide the fact that your a lazy below grade average casual

If you are retarded, sure.

College is easy as fuck. Homework is called scheduling an hour of free time in the middle of the day where you hang out in the library and finish your homework for every class.

Never have a day that lasts longer than 7 hours and NEVER let any type of school work creep into any time besides those 7 or less.

>If you're in any kind of engineering, user, uni is pretty much useless

Well we aren't all in engineering einstein

Haha, you're the guy who will work for GE all his life, maybe reach some senior (but not management) position and most likely die alone in a very average house in a very average way.

Didn't get your trips.

Then you fucked up

Don't skip class. I did that both my first and second semester and i totally regret it. Now im just working til i have enough to go back.

That's what you get dumbass fucker! Enjoy ur screwed up summer :))

1. unless you're in STEM. Go to a trade school and learn something that will earn you actual money. Not get you into massive debt for nothing.

2. Don't smoke weed everyday.

3. Don't join any groups or clubs or student organizations.

4. Be aware you're about to get Soviet Union levels of leftist indoctrination. Misinformation and propaganda shoved down your throat, and encouragement to get into activism. Just call that shit out and avoid those clowns. It's a cult.

3. Have the sex you wanna have. Don't repress it. It all boils up. Let the people close to you know who you are.

4. Don't fuck your classmates. It only makes your life shit and your marks suffer.

5. You're going to have to work really fucking hard if your time there is going to be worth anything. Expect to study more than you imagined and do way less of anything you expected.

6. Shower daily. Wash your clothes. Eat food that contains actual nutrients. Do the little things right and the big things sort themselves out

Does your college have a GPA system?

Do not major in psychology or sociology unless you plan on getting a PhD or masters at the minimum. English majors art majors or liberal arts are all useless and you will not get a job..easily at least. If you're an athlete make sure school comes first or you're going pro. Lastly just have fun with it. Never say no to new ideas or adventures. Before you know it you'll be done with school working everyday and life will be pretty routine so make sure you have no regrets about things you wish you could have done.

Do drugs. Have sex. Go to class. Know that when you get out if your parents didn't help you you'll be walking out with debt that's gonna take a long time to pay off. So enjoy it while you can because it's awesome.

yes

>3. Don't join any groups or clubs or student organizations

What? Why?

:)(:

ADVICE:

Have a good time, but too much. Do not screw it up. Do not be THAT guy in the class.

Anything that's not STEM is worthless.

>working everyday and life
This is very important. School is the last time you have summer break, and most probably the last time you can get wasted every second day without consequences.

I'm a drunk neet, a failure, a loser, I fucked up in life

I want to die, help me

>I want to die
>help me [die i guess?]
You can do it user!

>tfw starting school on Monday and already announced major to be Accounting

what do

Work a security job on the graveyard shift to pay your way, and put your student loans into a hedge fund that pays more interest than you're expected to pay on the loans.
You can study on the job (but don't take the piss) and earn a profit from the student loan.

If I lived in America I would've already been dead

Any security job here (UK) requires a security certificate

Why? Don't they have rope where you live?

College is your last time to learn about life and figure shit out before being pushed out into the real world. The real world sucks, so take advantage.

Learn how to deal with other people who do not share your values. The real world is about working as a team, not being a SJW who pisses everyone off.

Date different girls and figure out what you need in a relationship and what you could never be stuck with. Eventually you'll have to marry one.

Then don't forget to do well in classes, and choose a major you can actually get a job in. That shit can count out in the real world.

advice with college relationships? (male/female)

I'd say the oppositend. Well not to the keeping graded up part. But don't only focus on a handful of people. College is the time to go out and adventure. As long as your GPA is fine then go make friends, go to parties, get drunk, do intramural sports. It helps to designate days of the week for fun like a movie night or going out to the bar for wing night or something. Makes it feel less like work and gives you something to look forward to

My personal advice:

Take your classes seriously. You aren't in highschool, don't treat it like highschool.

Employers don't care if you got straight A's. You can try for it, but a C is just as fucking good.

Leave plenty of time for doing jack shit, and time for a job. Don't debt yourself just so you can graduate in 4 years. Take 5 or 6. There is literally no rush.

Get an internship. This is the most important thing you can do in college. If you are going into some engineering field, you pretty much have to, otherwise you just fucked away tons of money and time.

>me
>3.2gpa
>computer science

I take caffeine pills in the morning and in the afternoon. It helps out a lot. Try microdosing if you can as well. 12.5ug LSD improves my functionality.

I'm too pussy for a rope.

Don't waste your time and money on a shit liberal arts degree unless you want to work at McDonald's. Nobody gives a fuck about a history or art degree unless you're going to be a history or art teacher.

>don't try to make friends
How to network

Connections are forever

I'm going into engineering, all the introverts and weirdos in the field make me a rare commodity

Never ever turn down a chance to fuck a bitch. I'm old & I regret it every day

You'd be just as much a pussy for a gun too.

Do it like a man, like one of my mates did: he challenged a train with open arms. The train won.

Like it takes long to earn one of those.

Good, remember, credits accumulate as your semesters go by which means the first few semesters will be the most important. The last few don't have such a strong impact on the final GPA.

Here's how you go about it. Study a bit extra, push yourself a little and try to get a GPA of 3+ (If 4 is the highest on the scale) in the first 2 semesters. As your credits increase, the grades's you get in your second year will have less impact on your final GPA (Also called the cumulative GPA or CGPA) than those in the first year. Similarly, your grades in the 3rd year will have an even smaller impact on your CGPA than those of the second year.

I hope this clears it up. I'll leave the way you live your life during college to my fellow Sup Forums member's.

I cheated my way they college. Never went to class. Just showed up for tests & cheated. Was drunk & fucking every available pussy I could for 5 years & have a BA to show for it

I haven't looked in to it, so fuck you you nigger!

learn chinese or russian
learn to code for bitcoin and ether coin

thanks user. trying to aim closest to a 4.0 as possible

>premed

>BA
The scientifical term for what you have is "nothing"

Any tips for an oral communication/speech class? This shit is required at my college and I'm scared shitless. I'm a NEET, way too autistic to deliver a speech and get graded for it.

C's get degrees. Your piece of paper that you got with C's has the same value as someone else's piece of paper that they got with B's and A's. The value comes from having a degree that is in a field with a high demand and not being an unreliable, whiny bitch.

this

Buy Phenibut, it's a stimulant like Adderall but it's legal and you can buy it online.

Maybe bro, it seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel.. and everytime I think there is it is the lights of another train incoming.

I appreciate your thought Sup Forumsrother.

not when trying to get into graduate school/internships

& the job that requires it....

practice. stand in front of your mirror and practice. everyone else is just as nervous. just don't make the worst speech in the class and you're fine

The worst part about these people is that they've not learned how to actually accomplish anything. So now in the real world all they can do is cheat. Actually can probably get away with that at a low level at a big company. But if you rise through the ranks until you're actually held accountable to actually accomplish anything you're fucked.

Glad I spent my time actually learning skills while I had the chance.

>Do not major in psychology or sociology unless you plan on getting a PhD or masters at the minimum
fucking true, currently in my third year of my BSc psychology and im dreading having to do another two fucking degrees after this one

>The scientifical term for what you have is "A B.A"
ftfy

why is it necessary? I'm interested in psych

Internships don't care about grades. College grades are meaningless once you are done with college.

my strong advice is don't go to college. study programming on codecademy then do a coding bootcamp college is for sheeple who do what everyone else is doing. The high chance is that you won't reach your full potential in a university setting. If you are a female you have a better chance of getting raped than earning a degree in science engineering and technology.

The worst part about how useless a BA is anymore is the number of legitimately retarded people I know who've had to go out and get a Master's to move just a little bit up the ladder.

Degree inflation sucks.

Bang slootss!!!!

ok what about graduate schools? for those applicable

majoring in Chem BS... thoughts?

An American woman has a 25 to 26 percent chance of being raped in college.

>If you are a female you have a better chance of getting raped than earning a degree in science engineering and technology.
sauce?

Graduate schools. Internships are fine, but like what are you going to graduate school for? If sciences, then you need research experience and possibly be an author or co-author of a research paper for the higher tier grad schools.

for additional schooling, grades still matter. But internships are more interested in your graduation date. So if you have an internship and start fucking around and fail a class or two, you're screwed. But if you are getting C's, then that's just as good as A's in the workplace