Trying to get into emo, already listened to american football, mineral and brand new. what should i try next...

trying to get into emo, already listened to american football, mineral and brand new. what should i try next? nothing with heavy electric guitars or too metalish

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AuNuVCVC92k
youtube.com/watch?v=UCZEEscf4C0
youtube.com/watch?v=8JoBgtO6uI8
youtube.com/watch?v=Ghp5BC26agg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hot Rod Circuit
Sunday's Best
I Hate Myself

the brave little abacus and snowing are the only good emo bands

Snowing
Teen Suicide
My Chemical Romance

don't listen to any of these fucking chebs, sunny day real estate is first priority. start with either How It Feels to Be Something On, or Diary

youtube.com/watch?v=AuNuVCVC92k

something with lo fi influences like teen suicide but even more emo?

>Sunny Gay Real Estate
Kek

the promise ring - nothing feels good
youtube.com/watch?v=UCZEEscf4C0

Diary is the best emo album ever created together with Weezer's Pinkerton

The World Is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die - Whenever, If Ever

>2017
>still actively typing "Kek"
get ovr yrslf kid

HANDS UP

Kek

NOTHING FEELS GOOD LIKE YOU IN RED AND BLUE JEANS AND YOUR WHITE AND NIGHT THINGS

The Promise Ring is still GOAT.

>2016 (current year)
>still actively typing "yrslf"
Get over yourself young man

don't act like emo isn't a big gay genre my guy

No, it's not indie rock

>living in a 3rd world country
>2017
git ovr urself yungin

I know you guys hate plebbit but you should honestly check out r/Emo for more suggestions.

The Brave little abacus demos are their best music.

>indie rock
>genre
good 1 m8

it's pretty much proto-indie rock desu. Like indie rock if it was gayer

Algernon Cadwallader if you like fretboard masturbation
Pinegrove if you like banjos and pedal steels
Joyce Manor if youre feeling super pop punk
Knowing We'll Never Grow Up, William Bonney, and/or Merchant Ships if you want to hear people scream as you get ready to end it all

>le indie means independent
gooder 1 m80

woah fuck, does Sup Forums autocorrect "t.b.h." to desu?

>how to spot a newfriend
It sure does desu senpai

I'm a lurker, not a poster

>being wrong
y would u do this?

who are you quoting ?

Nouns - Still Bummed is GOAT emo
plus cute puppet on album cover

>quoting

dude needs to lay of the compressors. if it wasnt so fucking aurally offensive it would have been pretty great

Marietta

>wanting to get into a dead genre
why?

I was super into Dads for a while back when this released youtube.com/watch?v=8JoBgtO6uI8

>2017
>still referring to dead genres

tiny moving parts as a starter.

>2017
>still listening to emo

>Jank
>Panucci's Pizza
>Little Tyrant

cringey as fuck

can't believe nobody mentioned this yet

youtube.com/watch?v=Ghp5BC26agg

>Algernon Cadwallader if you like fretboard masturbation
ahaha, true though

sure it is, but it'll get you on the way.

Rainer Maria, Penfold, Mineral, Christie Front Drive, Jimmy Eat World (in the 90s), Cap'n Jazz, Moss Icon, The Blacktop Cadence, Still Life, Texas is the Reason, The Juliana Theory, The Appleseed Cast, The Get Up Kids, Jejune, Midwest Pen Pals, Street Smart Cyclist, Hot Water Music, Castevet, Braid, On the Might of Princes, Planes Mistaken For Stars, Sense Field, Dag Nasty, My Heart to Joy, Further Seems Forever, Joie De Vivre, Elliot, The Jazz June, Lifetime, The Gloria Record, Hey Mercedes, The Jealous Sound, Foretells Ford, Boys Life, Algernon Cadwaller, Ghosts and Vodka, Owls, Make Believe, Merchant Ships, Adventures, empire! empire!, Little Big League, Snowing, Desaparecidos, Give, Native, Free Throw, Hightide Hotel, Sunny Day Real Estate.

why would anyone _try_ to get into emo?

if you had a particularly stunted adolescence i can just about understand if you _can't help_ being into emo, but actively trying to into a meme genre for literal teenagers? get off this board tbqhhh

Woops meant Forstella* Ford. Also add The Brave Little Abacus

memo=/=emo

yeah, totally. start with these 50 bands

start a Spotify radio with any of these bands and most the others will be on there. once you're into emo you're into emo. plus half these bands were on mtv or alternative radio in the 90s

>nothing with heavy electric guitars or too metalish
I get that you're a nu-male and you probably only listen to indie folk and everything, but you're doing it wrong. Emo is rooted in hardcore punk. If you want to understand the genre, start from the beginning. Don't start with twink shit like American Football and The World Is A Beautiful Place.
Also, whoever said My Chemical Romance is just plain wrong. They're a pop-punk band, and the band members themselves have stated on numerous occasions that they hate being called emo, and that they think emo music sucks.

Start with:
>Fugazi - 13 Songs
>Rites Of Spring - End On End
>Embrace - Self-Titled
Then move on to 90's shit like:
>Sunny Day Real Estate - Diary
>Mineral- EndSerenading
>The Get Up Kids - Something To Write Home About
>Jawbreaker - Dear You
If you decide that you like the softer stuff, listen to what people have posted in this thread:
>American Football
>Snowing
>The World Is A Beautiful Place
>Brand New
If you start to like the harder stuff, move on to emoviolence and screamo:
>Circle Takes The Square
>Orchid
>Saetia
>Pageninetynine
>Funeral Diner

My point is that emo is a spectrum, my dude. You should start at the beginning and find which sound works for you.

awful post

whatever you do don't listen to this guy

>My point is that emo is a spectrum, my dude. You should start at the beginning and find which sound works for you.
if he's not into abrasive shit, why the fuck would he start with stuff like Rites of Spring. He's just not gonna get into the genre if the first handful of things he listens to he hates.
If he likes American Football already a much better place to start would be with similar acts and he can branch out from there as he finds other things he appreciates about the genre.
Chronological order is definitely not always the best way to get into things.

>not wanting to understand the cultural and stylistic origins of a genre
>being willfully ignorant
Why would you do this?

Rites Of Spring isn't too crazy. They're somewhere in between 2sad4you and screamo. I didn't tell him to start with Orchid or anything.
Who knows? He might start to enjoy hardore if he slowly eases himself into it.

you're missing the point dude. He can get into the cultural and stylistic origins later. He probably just wants to find music he likes.
If he cant find music in the genre he likes he's definitely not going to give a fuck about the culture or origins.

the only purpose of listening to music is personal pleasure, any time you are not enjoying the music you are listening to is time wasted. there is nothing wrong with the artists you listed per se, but a lot of it has nothing to do with what OP was asking for and demanding he do it in that order is beyond retarded

listen to the first I can make a mess like nobody's business album.
the rooms to cold by the early november.
say it like you mean it by the starting line.
one for the kids or the underdog ep by yellowcard.
sirens and condolences by Bayside
let it enfold you by senses fail
sometimes perhaps or 1984? by Rufio
the seccond circa survive album
remember right now by spitalfield
sticks and stones by new found glory
swiss army romances by dashboard
Ravenna by the reason
any seccondhand serenade

ur nvr gunna catch any fish with that kind of b8 m8

if you like lo-fi and more creative stuff:
teen suicide, nouns
if you like more mathrock and great instrumentals:
Algernon Cadwallader, TTNG, Clever Girl
if you like catchy, melody-driven guitar stuff
Modern Baseball, The Front Bottoms (but not their most recent album), the Hotelier

the taking back Sunday cd with cute without the e.
hidden in plain view
saves the day at your funeral
under oath cd with some will seek forgiveness.

what's wrong with it faggot?

Elvis Depressedly